Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

DSC02632.jpg

Cateye cage for player.

270g in contrast with ordinary plastic visor's 80g... :facepalm:

That's awesome! Why, it's the best of both worlds: the protection of a half shield and the visibility of a cage...

Cateye cage for player.

270g in contrast with ordinary plastic visor's 80g... :facepalm:

I've seen players here wear a similar set-up ... usually older guys. I think some brand did make player face cages in a cat-eye style at one point? Jofa? Cooper? Someone here who is more knowledgeable will, I am sure, step up.

That's awesome! Why, it's the best of both worlds: the protection of a half shield and the visibility of a cage...

I admit I LOL'd once I read this a couple times.

-Sigh-

Being in the GTA sucks for gear sales. The Leafs/Marlies now want people to PAY to get into theirs this September, the Steelheads don't seem to want to hold one and the Beast just got here.

URL=http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/IceCosmic/media/2014-06/2F77A538-C01E-4859-956B-71F3E870691F_zpshcwa5x7j.jpg.html]2F77A538-C01E-4859-956B-71F3E870691F_zps

Both pairs of gloves 14 inch and brand new :) - Easton Synergy HSX and Warrior Franchise with shotblockers- pretty sure the Franchises are wide cuff but they do not say

Pants are large Franchises. Not as comfy as the retail CCM RBZs (I just tried on a pair of XLs at HM and they felt unreal), but pretty nice regardless. Wore them at pickup a couple of nights ago and didn't even notice them.

Edited by Cosmic
  • Like 2

Very excited for my most recent pickups.

First, a pair of the Pro Stock version of arguably one of the best elbow pads ever made, the white Warrior Projekt. Identical fit, but a bit stiffer with more protection.

zVXeSLVl.png

Next up is something I've wanted to try for a long time, and with the deal @flyers10 gave me I couldn't pass it up. Got it installed this morning and wore it around the house for a bit. Assuming this thing doesn't fog up on me, I will definitely be liking this more than a cage!

nKZVM5ol.png

Anyone know what the G+1 means? Is it just the French-Canadian version of telling me it's 1" longer than inseam? That's my only guess. Thanks in advance.

ScreenShot2014-07-05at80735PM_zpsc0e8e05

Anyone know what the G+1 means? Is it just the French-Canadian version of telling me it's 1" longer than inseam? That's my only guess. Thanks in advance.

Yes, it's French.

I'm diggin' the bubble. I've had mine for about 3 years now and I like it. It does seem to fog up more during the spring/summer but that's only when I'm on the bench. Other than that, I don't miss my cage.

they are coming out with a new elite version of the avision ahead that looks awesome. It's supposed to be easier to breathe through in the redesign :) Edited by Stewie

Cool! Well if I like this then I'll likely buy the new model when it's out. This one was just an inexpensive test to see if I liked it. :)

I liked my Avision Ahead, but ultimately, the lens ends up fogging. It took six months of playing 3x per week. It is replaceable, and if I get into a league that requires HECC certification on cages/visors, I will replace the lens.

Correct. Large + 1" inseam.

I liked my Avision Ahead, but ultimately, the lens ends up fogging. It took six months of playing 3x per week. It is replaceable, and if I get into a league that requires HECC certification on cages/visors, I will replace the lens.

Wow if it lasted 6 months I'd be pretty happy!

Wow if it lasted 6 months I'd be pretty happy!

Part of me wants to see if anti-fog works. It isn't horrible; just have to wipe it between shifts.

I started out with a visor but switched to the cage because I got sticked right in the face (no call!!) and the gash was so big I couldn't even buff it out. :(

Definitely zero interest in going back to just a visor. Too many close calls!

mine was one of those ZLeader half cage/half visor things that pivots up. damn that thing was heavy!

Haven't seen one of those before.

I REALLY miss having just a visor. It was so much nicer in every way. But man, too many sticks in the face (luckily nothing bad).

Maybe if I ever move up a division (where people have a bit more control over their sticks) I'll go back to a visor. But that's unlikely.

best pic I could find on Google:

1_21a05a01b3acecfdda70057714da0a2f.jpg

it clipped on the front and locked. if you needed air or water or whatever you just pivoted it up since there were no straps to unsnap.

I would never wear just a visor. even in higher levels pucks can still deflect up and take out your teeth. not worth it.

Edited by shoeshine boy