Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Are they as good as I've heard?

I wear these. Blocked a ton of shots and never felt a thing. Problem is they just add this bulkiness/ goofiness to the skate. Hard to explain, but I feel like I skate a little differently when they are on. I am aware mentally that on crossovers I have more volume to clear and thus I do not feel as efficient as I am without them. I don't know maybe it's mental- I deal with it because I want my feet to stay healthy.

So I have been thinking about trying the shotblockers, which seem more streamlined, but do not want to spend the coin right now.

Edited by Cosmic
  • Like 1

10924773_10203590487026011_4450217701061

I'm not even playing hockey currently, but I couldn't pass these up...

I saw those. I'm not even on a team that wears those colors anymore but still incredibly tempted. Those are some really nice looking gloves, and pretty much the only model 4-rolls on the market I like.

So I have been thinking about trying the shotblockers, which seem more streamlined, but do not want to spend the coin right now.

I'm planning on getting a set of the smallest ones. I pretty much never get hit in the side of the foot, but get hit on the tongue of my skates ALL THE TIME.

I'm not even playing hockey currently, but I couldn't pass these up...

where did you find these?

are they navy blue and baby blue?

those are our team colors, these would look unreal

I saw those. I'm not even on a team that wears those colors anymore but still incredibly tempted. Those are some really nice looking gloves, and pretty much the only model 4-rolls on the market I like.

These would fit in PERFECTLY with the Alkali Assault team I was playing for haha, unfortunately though due to me still rehabbing my knee, don't think I'll be playing this year. But, they were too nice to pass up and I'm gonna use them as motivation to get back haha

where did you find these?

are they navy blue and baby blue?

those are our team colors, these would look unreal

Got them through work, but they're also online too. HG has them. They're UMaine colors, so yeah, navy blue and baby blue.

• Like 1

gTVyt2bl.png

New Bauer Vapor X80 pants. Had been wearing Supreme/Nexus until now. But there's actually something special about these pants: they're size L. I've been wearing XL since I started playing hockey, and as of today I'm 25lbs down since I started seeing a personal trainer in July. Sizing down in pants is a pretty significant milestone for me!

Edit: haha wow that almost looks like a product photo, if you didn't see my carpet in the shadows!

Edited by OptimusReim

Good to hear OptimusReim. I remember you saying how this was a goal of yours. Now you have the documentary evidence of achieving it :)

Good to hear OptimusReim. I remember you saying how this was a goal of yours. Now you have the documentary evidence of achieving it :)

haha yeah, im not just full of shit! I can ACTUALLY fit into smaller pants now. I just bought new jeans last week too :)

wc055y.jpg

Got these yesterday. I am on a businesstrip and was lucky to notice the sign of discountsale.

original price 69,99€ and I had to pay 19,99€

*Edit*

I have warrior Dt4 gloves too, in them I need size 15" and in these 14" is just perfect.

Edited by JaniV

After taking almost a year off to a kidney transplant, I'm back on the ice with a few new items. Most are a bit older and I got some really good deals on.

Totalone pants, E700 helmet, Chicago third socks, Bauer pro 4 rolls.
GUk9Ok.jpg

I also picked up this Vapor SMU stick from Peranis, it's super light and has some tactile on the corners. Can't wait to use it.
LGRbkd.jpg

• Like 4

Picked up this stick in the summer time but hadn't gotten around to posting it. Kind of a funny/crazy story behind it as well. I came across this girl selling a bunch of used sticks online. She didn't advertise them as professional game used or anything, but in one post she had one listed as a "Used Bauer one95 stick - $40" and she posted a picture that showed a namebar on it (pro stock). The way it was taken only showed the last 4 letters on the name bar "pien". I live in Vancouver and as a huge Canucks fan I knew right away that it was probably a Rick Rypien stick. I'm sure most of you know the story behind Rick Rypien. Beloved scrappy player/fighter who played for Vancouver and who unfortunately battled depression and ended his life just after the 2011 season.

So I messaged her right away, luckily I saw it just after she posted it and I was the first one to message her. So I looked up pictures of Rick Rypien in game just to confirm he used a one95, which of course he did late in his career. I wasn't sure if it would be game used or anything but I just thought it would be cool to have either way. So right when I met up with her and saw the stick I could tell right away by the custom tape job that it was game used. So I check it over, looks great, I give her the $40 and go on my way. I get back to my car and I'm still pretty mesmerized by it so I'm looking it over and thats when I noticed that on the blade... it was signed. Couldn't believe my eyes. Definitely the best $40 I've ever spent and now definitely the rarest piece of memorabilia I own.

photo_1_12.jpg

photo_2_14.jpg

photo_3_9.jpg

• Like 14