Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

I remember them having a line of 'beer' gloves at PHL at one point. Were these included? Doesn't seem like it given the very unique cuff.

I remember them having a line of 'beer' gloves at PHL at one point. Were these included? Doesn't seem like it given the very unique cuff.

they did but the designs were more generic than this. the thumb logo on these is pretty much a direct rip-off of the Molson logo.

• Like 1

I'm thinking about getting one. Curious of your thoughts on it. I don't care how it looks if I can see great.

Looks a lot better than the original! I'm slightly concerned about the rounded visor though. A little distortion at the very edges of my peripheral vision, whereas I had none with the original flat visor. We'll see how I like it in a few weeks when the next season starts up.

And of course, it needs to not fog up. The original didn't at all, so hopefully this one doesn't either. But that will be the biggest thing to worry about.

Edited by OptimusReim

I'd call it an homage before I called it a direct rip-off.

well yes, I'm sure that was the purpose. I certainly didn't mean to imply that Warrior was trying anything shady. I'd like to see the other versions if they ever hit the light of day.

I enjoy finding rare and unique pieces.

prototype Warrior "beer league" gloves. I assume fear of trademark violation kept Warrior from actually releasing this design.

These gloves are making me thirsty! Seriously though, they are awesome. If there were no trademark issues coming from designing "beer league" they'd have been a hit IMO.

Edited by osicks

Nice old Flyweights. I like that model, tried to make them my primary skates last year, but didn't realize I needed to get them in wide for my flipper feet.

I LOVED the Flyweights and Pureflys. Nice homage to when skates didn't double as ski boots and actually promoted using ankle strength to generate power.

• Like 1

Brings back memories. Had a pair of Flyweights when they came out. Boot was comfy. Had X51's as well, but full Porto shell. Loved those gloves.

I noticed some new s500's on eBay for $150 today. I was tempted, but they only had D-widths.

Edited by flip12

Junkyard's post inspired me to take a couple pics. I've had the skates for about a year now, the Verbeek gloves and M1 are recent additions.

16733112657_8b28259be3_c.jpg

16754243699_5ba4977875_c.jpg

Edited by yrhmblnr8r
  • Like 3