Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

5 hours ago, lpgbackups said:

why do you use better skates for officiating than for playing lol?

Because I play about once every couple weeks and I officiate 100+ games a season!

• Like 1

New jets :wub: . Actually had a broken eyelet on one skate, little drilling, little epoxy, was able to install a traditional eyelet with no problem.

ChZptbrWYAI5Wz8.jpg:large

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Yerksy said:

Because I play about once every couple weeks and I officiate 100+ games a season!

I feel you. I started using a pair for officiating and another for playing/coaching after I realized that one pair wasn't going to hold up. Been doing it for the last couple of years and its the only way to go if you officiate alot of games. Almost done upgrading both skates to the Mako II/TUUK Lightspeed combo. 

I have Bauer 1X skates and the paint is all chipped. I've only had them for 9 months. debating whether to spray paint them black! i did this with my old Bauer One.9 skates to practice on and they came out really well better than expected actually. Any thoughts?

On 5/3/2016 at 4:43 AM, ANDREWSVPRO said:

I have Bauer 1X skates and the paint is all chipped. I've only had them for 9 months. debating whether to spray paint them black! i did this with my old Bauer One.9 skates to practice on and they came out really well better than expected actually. Any thoughts?

Do a search for blacking out skates on here.  I think most people prefer to go to Bic Markit route.

Update:

Went ahead and sprayed the skates.

• I spent time masking up the whole skate taking the blades out just to be on the safe side, making sure every bit i didn't want to get painted didn't get painted or leaked on to.
  • Then with the finest glass paper i could find went over all the carbon to give the paint something to grab on to. 
  • Wiped the whole skate down with an alcohol wipe, and let dry.
  • Sprayed 4 thin coats of black gloss.
  • Then sprayed 1 finishing coat really smoothly on the skate.
  • left to dry for 8 hours 

9 hours ago, ANDREWSVPRO said:

img]IMG_3115_zpsql5tf1cj.jpg

Do some lighter spray on that back line so the transition isn't as noticeable. Looks good though!

What have I gotten myself into again, another Warrior stick.

-HTX 75 Flex E3 - Sticks that I have been using in the past month, by far the stick that kicks the hardest that I've ever used.

-AX1LT 85 Flex (cut 5 inches, feels flexier than the 75 Easton) Yakupov W28 (brand new, blade already has a chunk in it missing on the bottom that has paint over it, prolly left the factory like that :facepalm: )

IMG_5434.jpg

IMG_5435.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SirJW said:

Optimus, we need to know how good is it? How much ? 

I paid $499 plus shipping. I think retail is $599. First sharpenings seem good, will find out how they are tonight. 

The nice thing is that JR was the one who did my goalie skates for me a few weeks ago and they haven't been sharpened since, so I have a good baseline to compare to after 10 or so sharpenings (will check edge evenness, etc). 

SUPER easy to use though. Could not be happier with that aspect. Had two pairs done in the first 30 minutes after I opened the box.