Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

For me, the shin guards were the single biggest "felt" or tangible upgrade from the three. I went from Nexus 4000s to these and they are WAY more comfortable and protective. The most notable upgrade was the strapping system used on the APX2, definitely more comfortable than my Nexus'.

As as far as the fit compared to the CCMs, I'm not sure, maybe someone else can comment on that. I'm 6'0" and 195 lbs and I'm wearing the 14" version. I prefer wearing my shin pads behind my skate tongues and these fit me perfectly with my S180s.

Edited by Bartjo06

Not sure it's worth the upgrade, only reason I would get them is to have all Bauer apx2 shin guards, elbow pads, and shoulder pads. My CCM shin guards are pretty new still.

4 hours ago, Jspectacular said:

Good stuff, boys. I like thoseUSA ax1s. Well, ax1, bonafide, pro series iis this past month.

9B114B86-1D71-420F-9375-3ECF6ECE51B7_zps

Is that the 2016 All-Star AX1s? 

Tried to win them through Warrior's page, they look sick. 

The take from the reign sale. I'm relatively new to the game and have been a knit sock guy but after these pro stocks entered my life, I'm afraid there's no turning back now. 

8221A37B-3E54-4ED0-8B79-340F654E5437_zps

• Like 2

X Bionic is the latest sweat management/ athletic performance apparel manufacturer. I first learned of X-Bionic from Sports2K's Show it off section, and then tried some of their stuff. It is actually pretty amazing. I wear the 3/4 Effektor * shown below (or some ektor or Energizer or sth I cannot keep it all straight) compression pants, and afterward, they do something so that you can remain in them, comfortably, and they do something to decrease the post workout tightness/ cramping/etc. I sweat as more than anyone, so I think this is saying something. I have been wearing one of their shirts (MK Summerlight). I do not have such positive feedback for this, as it smells harsh once I sweat into it, and I want to take it off when I am done. Supposedly, the PowerShirt has some anti-smell tech in it, so I ought to be better off with it. Anyway, if you check X-Bionic's site, they are riding Lambo pretty hard right now (which is not really my thing; I like bikes, and SUVs; if the world were like 99% less populated with good roads, and no speed limits, then maybe I would be a sports car guy, but everywhere I have lived, they have just been so non-practical that I never got into them). And of course, X-B have all kinds of videos with sweat tech sort of stuff. I do not know if it does what it is supposed to, or if their science and theories are even legit. All I know, is that I always feel good, after a long skate in these, so I wear them. I am pretty good at stumbling on sites giving 75% off of these things too (at this time last year, Sierra Trading Post was like 73% off and I grabbed a bunch of items).

For a lower cost, still pretty good, partial compression, I also use Peresvit * shown below, available on eBay from Ukraine. This shirt is pretty cool, it makes you look more buff than you are, because of the subtle graphics. It does not really compress around the waist though, for whatever reason. It is fine for hockey, but for working out, every time I raise my arms, I would be showing skin around my waist, which is not cool. My pic is lame and does not do the shirt justice; check out eBay to see what the shirt actually looks like. They run big; I am XXL in most shirts, but I am L/XL in Peresvit.

38000F0C-9740-41F2-957C-33F834EBA0BC_zps

Edited by Cosmic

New skates--Bauer N9000. Almost sprung for the 1N but couldn't justify the price difference and I thought these were more comfortable (I think the lacing system lost me some depth on the 1N but maybe I'm just crazy). Still excited! Highest-end skates I've owned thus far and very comfortable with baking.

image_zpsukbbjdb0.jpeg

• Like 7

On 6/18/2016 at 0:46 AM, carodz said:

New skates--Bauer N9000. Almost sprung for the 1N but couldn't justify the price difference and I thought these were more comfortable (I think the lacing system lost me some depth on the 1N but maybe I'm just crazy). Still excited! Highest-end skates I've owned thus far and very comfortable with baking.

image_zpsukbbjdb0.jpeg

Those look awesome!  What skates did you have before these?

I am getting the N9000 as well.  

original skate holder

Original skate holder due to sharpen with personal profile bar.

Still making another related jig or parts but already can be used as ordinary skate holder jig.

Almost dial or handle knob positions are following Wissota's skate holder.

I love its concepts.

• Like 1

On June 21, 2016 at 1:25 PM, jlt73 said:

Vapor X:20. They were way too shallow and narrow for me and caused some bad pain. Also had too soft of a boot for my body size (I'm 6'2" 230lbs). Have skated on the N9000 twice and liked them so far, although it took me a bit during the first skate to get used to the LS3 runners. I never realized how much more energy I could transfer with a properly stiff boot. I have a pretty long stride and I can feel every bit of it being driven into the ice as I push off. I hope they remain comfortable, I was a little worried about going with the Curv boot without the comfort edge but it hasn't bothered me yet. 

Edited by carodz
To = too

On 1/23/2014 at 11:19 AM, AfftonDad said:

Made me a battery powered, radio controlled scoreboard for pickup hockey. I can hang it outside the glass at center ice across from the benches. I can change the score from a fob I have at the bench. Yes I realize there is already a scoreboard at the rink. But in our 18 to 17 defensive battles in 1.5 hours of pickup, everyone is too lazy to keep going to the scorer's box to change the score. Now I won't have to hear the constant "what's the score" question 50 times a game.

scoreboardsmall_zps66a9aba1.jpg

I have made about four or five of them now for various people. Each time the design gets updated a little. It's much smaller and lighter now and has a suction cup to stick it to the glass.
DSC_5257sm_zpsbaeoyjgw.jpg

open?id=0B2A94zJKeEY5X2NLZFpsY1JTdGcDSC_5276sm_zpsisvxc7ra.jpg

DSC_5282sm_zps6tqt06in.jpg

• Like 7

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 2:25 PM, jlt73 said:

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 0:46 AM, carodz said:

image_zpsukbbjdb0.jpeg

I think Bauer nailed the blue that they worked into the Nexus design. I have the Nexus 400's from a few years back and will try to get into the 9000 when I can.

Aint no thang like a RE AKT helmet, thing feels simple amazing, words cant describe how happy my head is.  I have been using a 9900 / 9500 / 8500 for very long time in a L/XL, but in the RE AKT I am a M. 

IMG_5781.jpg

• Like 2