Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

On 10/3/2016 at 10:20 AM, Mimizk said:

I've made some end grips which have exactly the same shape. Wooden core and epoxy resin covering.
I usually bring 3 sticks to the game and each sticks have been cut at different length. Then I choose one from that according to my feeling after warmup. But I noticed that I felt shorter one as long and longer one as short by very slightly difference of my end grip. So I decided to make this copy grips.
I don't know whether this is really true though, I heard that usually people call such this method as "insert casting".

I will make 4 or more copy grip for my ice and floor sticks. Already bought many different kinds of timber. So also looking forward to see another beauty wood grains :)

I would be interested in a write up about how you made those.  My Oggie grip supply is dwindling and I need to find an alternative.

7 hours ago, Neal said:

I would be interested in a write up about how you made those.  My Oggie grip supply is dwindling and I need to find an alternative.

30037799750_88a6872f90_b.jpg

First, cut off some wood timbers to 15.5*25.5*145mm. This is just my geometry. If you want more long grip, you need extension as you want.
The square,15.5*25.5 is much important number. So I cut  a timber little big and after change it slowly with something like plane or files.
After all, cut some corners off if as the wooden core can be set in your silicone mold.

28317909033_b13fee71c0_b.jpg

Make silicone mold of your master piece. It's better to coating your master with primer/surfacer because resin have construction factor.

30521315541_31fcba55ff_b.jpg

Before casting, coat wooden core with something like varnish to prevent bubbling.
Set wooden core into the silicone mold and cast epoxy resin.

30475661372_34061c60e7_b.jpg

Now as you know I'm considering to order my new sticks. I bought a QRL stick from my local shop though, I can test it under very average environment. I'm feeling it was really good work for my hockey life.

• Like 6

In pre celebration of getting off my Blood thinners and getting  final OK to get back out on the Ice tomorrow... I  Just scored CCM ultra tacks gloves $85  shipped ...and a used pair of Vapor 1X skates used by Matt Read of the FLYERS. $358 shipped...

anything special I need to know or do with these skates?

I guess I gotta take them in and have blades checked and sharpened. possible they may need steel replaced

should I go for the LS4 steel if needed?

will the steel in them be marked as LS3 or LS4? or possibly something else?

and Am I right thinking that I have to have them baked for my foot??

they come with the speedplates too, I can rebake them                     

Yes and yes to baking the boots and Speedplates.

You'll have to see what steel they come with and decide what to do. LS4 is nice but not necessary. Your options are pretty limited for "something else" with the LS Edge holders.

Thanks... I was more wondering if the Flyers or matt read would have not used the factory steel and put  something special in the holders.  I tried to talk to the PREDS skate guy but they frown upon us employees bothering them

really hoping these are better than my   $199 tacks 4092 skates

My new custom Super Tacks arrived last week. Specs: 11EE/A and 10.75EE/A, oversized toe caps, black felt tongue, coated eyelets, full Clarino liner. I asked for no graphics, but they said it couldn't be done so I'll most likely remove them later on.  The "outsole" vent is the same as the one on the jetspeed, not that boxy one on the retail skates.

Baked them twice, skated in them once. So far, so good! Going to have my Tuuks put on later this week.

euYGlyn.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, shoeshine boy said:

did this topic get un-pinned?

It might have. I tried to merge a topic into this yesterday, and it didn't work as I expected it to.  

Fixed.  Thanks for the good eye :wink:

10 hours ago, laserrobottime said:

My new custom Super Tacks arrived last week. Specs: 11EE/A and 10.75EE/A, oversized toe caps, black felt tongue, coated eyelets, full Clarino liner. I asked for no graphics, but they said it couldn't be done so I'll most likely remove them later on.  The "outsole" vent is the same as the one on the jetspeed, not that boxy one on the retail skates.

Baked them twice, skated in them once. So far, so good! Going to have my Tuuks put on later this week.

euYGlyn.jpg

do I even want to ask... How much???

• Like 1

Just now, laserrobottime said:

A league I work has set pricing for super tacks, ultra tacks, jetspeed, and 50K. Customs were $40 upcharge from stock sizes.

If I recall correctly, you also have VH skates. It'd be interesting to hear how these compare after you've skated in them for a few weeks.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, althoma1 said:

If I recall correctly, you also have VH skates. It'd be interesting to hear how these compare after you've skated in them for a few weeks.

I do indeed. My VHs are starting to break down, so I picked these up. PM me your e-mail address and I'll keep you in the loop!

• Like 1

Just now, laserrobottime said:

I do indeed. My VHs are starting to break down, so I picked these up. PM me your e-mail address and I'll keep you in the loop!

I can do that, but I'm sure I'm not the only one curious about that comparison. You may want to post in the VH and/or Supertacks threads about it. I don't have a dire need to know as I have a stockpile of Makos that will last a while and the Supertacks and VH skates aren't in my current plans, however; I think it's unlikely I'll be going back to a boot with a separate outsole after using KORs and then Makos for the last decade or so and it's nice to keep tabs on other skates without separate outsoles.

I know when another member, mc88, did a comparison of the Mako II and VH skates it was very interesting reading. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who feels that way.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, althoma1 said:

I can do that, but I'm sure I'm not the only one curious about that comparison. You may want to post in the VH and/or Supertacks threads about it. I don't have a dire need to know as I have a stockpile of Makos that will last a while and the Supertacks and VH skates aren't in my current plans, however; I think it's unlikely I'll be going back to a boot with a separate outsole after using KORs and then Makos for the last decade or so and it's nice to keep tabs on other skates without separate outsoles.

I know when another member, mc88, did a comparison of the Mako II and VH skates it was very interesting reading. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who feels that way.

I would definitely like to know how these compare to the VH because I've  currently been skating in the Super Tacks for about 2 months and like them a whole lot more than my 1X's, but for me they just aren't "perfect"... I'm just not sure if perfect is even possible with hockey skates:( but I would imagine VH would be as close as possible. I measured my feet/took tracings and pictures, but have yet to pull the trigger on the VH for some odd reason... Think I'm worried the VH won't fit any better than the Super Tacks or that I've screwed up the tracings or measurements somehow. 

@laserrobottime Anyway I'd really like to know how they compare. My email is vasawchuk1234@gmail.com if you want to go that route.

• Like 3

On 11/30/2016 at 0:56 PM, althoma1 said:

I would definitely love to know how they compare!

between the super tacks and VH skates, those are my likely next purchase next year as my original Mako's start to degrade. Had them for ~2 years so far, so they're about due to be replaced.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seanfku said:

Never heard of these. Did you get them from Europe? 

Yes. Ramonedge is a Finnish company.

They're quite popular with the Finns playing in NHL. 

• Like 1

E4E3B3F5-0CE8-4186-B88E-84FFABB1DB72_zps

Grabbed a pair of M8s on clearance; and gonna give the X28 a try. Also trying a new flex (75).

Edited by Cosmic
  • Like 6

On 12/14/2016 at 4:21 PM, Faws said:

New Bucket!

Medium Bauer 4500 with Oakley pro straight small visor and white loops and strap

OCj0rIR.jpg?1

B7YyMzm.jpg?1

s8dKSaa.jpg?1

Timeless helmet. If they make them in 50 years im sure people will still wear them.