Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

2 hours ago, icewalker_bg said:

Timeless helmet. If they make them in 50 years im sure people will still wear them. 

Definitely a classic! I was just surprised at how well it fits and how comfy it is compared to newer style helmets. Love the look too, just something about them!

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 9:40 PM, blackbreath said:

My MX3s. Hated the graphics immediately, but they fit like a dream. Added some black.C0AdJ0VVEAAGKwe.jpg:large

Sharpie?

903A5023-8323-4FD8-8B46-7B2ACD21F735_zps

Just when I thought I was done buying for a while, these beauties popped up in my size on eBay. 

Edited by ntwusc
  • Like 2

a few things I've added the last few months.......

always wanted some yellow outline Bruins Franchise:

C92D4AE4-7336-4C2E-9043-DDE84E902FF5_zps

right middle, finally added a 4th to my Kovy collection:

39774EA6-6319-4A8B-BFC2-C466470F2007_zps

1998 Team USA Olympics pants. planning to convert these into a shell.....

C00D00D4-8F9A-4FE6-B3ED-33FDFC029D23_zps

Edited by shoeshine boy
  • Like 2

Got hold of my Base BC27 Pro Kovalev tapered blades the other day. They look to be an exact duplicate of the pattern of my custom Reebok blades I had made a few years ago from a Pro Perron mold, which is good fortune. I'll be pairing these with a True A6.0 SBP shaft.

bc27a.jpg

http://www.purefocus.ca/ebay/bc27b.jpg

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, ruffage said:

Got hold of my Base BC27 Pro Kovalev tapered blades the other day. They look to be an exact duplicate of the pattern of my custom Reebok blades I had made a few years ago from a Pro Perron mold, which is good fortune. I'll be pairing these with a True A6.0 SBP shaft.

bc27a.jpg

http://www.purefocus.ca/ebay/bc27b.jpg

How to order that curve?

2 hours ago, ruffage said:

How much does it weigh? I've got a BASE standard Kovalev that's 199g. Curious how much lighter the tapered version is.

2 hours ago, flip12 said:

How much does it weigh? I've got a BASE standard Kovalev that's 199g. Curious how much lighter the tapered version is.

131g including the two strips of tape on the tenon that they came with. The hosel is very short. My standard fit Reebok Pro Perron blades are ~180g. The hosel on those wasn't quite as long as the original/standard Pro Kovalev (I have one of the old Warrior ones).

Set up a brand new work bench for my new SPARX skate sharpener last night.  SPARX is sweet and the workbench is offering a lot of additional storage/organization for spare parts, tape, gear, etc.  Hockey room is now hockey heaven!  :)

15590495_773844388390_860972060770908030

• Like 9

7 hours ago, ruffage said:

131g including the two strips of tape on the tenon that they came with. The hosel is very short. My standard fit Reebok Pro Perron blades are ~180g. The hosel on those wasn't quite as long as the original/standard Pro Kovalev (I have one of the old Warrior ones).

Cool. Good to hear. I have a few Kovalev blades, from Inno, Warrior and Base, and they all have that longer tenon. They range from 190-202g's. It's not so bad, since the extra length means I don't have to use an end plug in a classic standard shaft. Shafts are so long these days, that doesn't really matter so much anymore.

On 11/30/2016 at 11:56 AM, althoma1 said:

I can do that, but I'm sure I'm not the only one curious about that comparison. You may want to post in the VH and/or Supertacks threads about it. I don't have a dire need to know as I have a stockpile of Makos that will last a while and the Supertacks and VH skates aren't in my current plans, however; I think it's unlikely I'll be going back to a boot with a separate outsole after using KORs and then Makos for the last decade or so and it's nice to keep tabs on other skates without separate outsoles.

I know when another member, mc88, did a comparison of the Mako II and VH skates it was very interesting reading. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Hey all,

I've got some time in the Super Tacks and wanted to update you:

Foot profile: I have a wide forefoot with a tall instep side, a medium arch, an accessory navicular and a tailor's bunion on each foot that cause major fitment and comfort problems in stock skates. 

Super Tacks fit: The skates are really, really nice. I opted for the oversize toe cap and I'm glad I did. The width of the skate and toe cap junction combined with the moldability make for a perfect fit at the forefoot. The oversize toebox makes for an almost Mako-like anatomic profile around my toes. I have not needed to punch the navicular out on my right foot but probably will on the left as the bone sticks out far enough to affect wrap over the top of the inside of my left foot. These skates are lower cut than my VH and that makes for a bit of an awkward transition on the ice for a few minutes. The heel lock is astoundingly good -- zero slop and they actually form enough suction at the heel when taking them off that they burp.

The skates feel a lot like the Graf 9035 in height and overall pitch. They do not wrap like my VH but I expected that.

Performance: Again, very happy here. I have VH-levels of comfort in the boot and the stiffness feels very similar. My feet do not develop hot spots or ache after skating. Forward flex is a little more limited than in my VH but laterally they feel very similar. Because they're lower on the ankle than the VH I don't feel as secure on the ice during turns but that's probably a matter of getting used to this boot.

Custom process: I ordered through a league rep and it was all done manually, there are no order forms for the super tacks skate yet. I'd requested the 50K Nash/Clarino liner but that wasn't possible so I got full Clarino. I did not request lacing mods but the way the boot is built it looks like they are possible. The skates took 2 weeks and were overnighted to me from Quebec when they were ready.

I ended up paying slightly less than half of what I would have for a new pair VH skates all-in. 

If you have more questions let me know. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, laserrobottime said:

Hey all,

I've got some time in the Super Tacks and wanted to update you:

Foot profile: I have a wide forefoot with a tall instep side, a medium arch, an accessory navicular and a tailor's bunion on each foot that cause major fitment and comfort problems in stock skates. 

Super Tacks fit: The skates are really, really nice. I opted for the oversize toe cap and I'm glad I did. The width of the skate and toe cap junction combined with the moldability make for a perfect fit at the forefoot. The oversize toebox makes for an almost Mako-like anatomic profile around my toes. I have not needed to punch the navicular out on my right foot but probably will on the left as the bone sticks out far enough to affect wrap over the top of the inside of my left foot. These skates are lower cut than my VH and that makes for a bit of an awkward transition on the ice for a few minutes. The heel lock is astoundingly good -- zero slop and they actually form enough suction at the heel when taking them off that they burp.

The skates feel a lot like the Graf 9035 in height and overall pitch. They do not wrap like my VH but I expected that.

Performance: Again, very happy here. I have VH-levels of comfort in the boot and the stiffness feels very similar. My feet do not develop hot spots or ache after skating. Forward flex is a little more limited than in my VH but laterally they feel very similar. Because they're lower on the ankle than the VH I don't feel as secure on the ice during turns but that's probably a matter of getting used to this boot.

Custom process: I ordered through a league rep and it was all done manually, there are no order forms for the super tacks skate yet. I'd requested the 50K Nash/Clarino liner but that wasn't possible so I got full Clarino. I did not request lacing mods but the way the boot is built it looks like they are possible. The skates took 2 weeks and were overnighted to me from Quebec when they were ready.

I ended up paying slightly less than half of what I would have for a new pair VH skates all-in. 

If you have more questions let me know. 

How much lower on the ankle are they than VH? Are they also lower than the Grafs you've had?

On 10/9/2016 at 8:26 PM, Troubadour said:

Just picked these up for $449. They are by far the most comfortable skates I have worn in a really long time. They remind me a lot of the original vapors. Really impressed with the feel so far. Can't wait to get them on ice.

eGcqcK7.jpg

And of course, yellow laces have already replaced the stock ones.

didnt felt a little slower? i have vapor x7.0 LE with black edge and when i switched to these i felt a lot slower :( but confy AF

• Like 2

On 12/29/2016 at 3:12 PM, chriscastock44 said:

didnt felt a little slower? i have vapor x7.0 LE with black edge and when i switched to these i felt a lot slower :( but confy AF

No, if anything I felt faster. They are on the heavier end of a modern skate, so that may contribute to that feeling slightly, but for me I didn't notice anything. They felt a lot better and I skated a lot better. I was coming off a pair of Graf's I truly hated though.

http://s36.photobucket.com/user/Skink32/media/IMG_0151_zpsktkb2efu.jpg.html

These are the most amazing riggs I've ever owned...I thought I would give them a try for $129.....I'm sold....5 skates a week between coaching/power skating and playing....I will be staying with verbero for the foreseeable future.  I will write a review in the coming days....but $1000 + for another pair of customs when these rockets work better? Negative on that one champ....

• Like 1

On 1/9/2017 at 0:47 AM, jordanm said:

gallery_9055_267_389050.jpg

took almost 2 months, but finally got my Step Black Edge with custom engraving from Step

Beautiful! Man I wish I could get a pair but I'm down here in Florida:(

On 1/8/2017 at 8:08 PM, Skink32 said:

http://s36.photobucket.com/user/Skink32/media/IMG_0151_zpsktkb2efu.jpg.html

These are the most amazing riggs I've ever owned...I thought I would give them a try for $129.....I'm sold....5 skates a week between coaching/power skating and playing....I will be staying with verbero for the foreseeable future.  I will write a review in the coming days....but $1000 + for another pair of customs when these rockets work better? Negative on that one champ....

This is the second set of T'Blades I've seen in the last week and I can't believe there's people who still use them outside of Dennis Seidenberg haha.

• Like 1