Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

13 hours ago, clarkiestooth said:

As a skater, why would you need such inner thigh protection? Are you frequently playing against Sydney Crosby?

9 hours ago, the_game said:

Must play for Tortorella and have to block shots all the time.

I did not buy the pants specifically for that inner thigh padding, but even if I did, so what? I wanted the knee padding; and I just saw the inner thigh pads as an added bonus. There is one pant (STX Surgeon RX2) and one girdle (Bauer Supreme MX3) that has what seem to be plastic pieces backed by foams, for skaters who want protection in this area. I never bought either, I just noticed it, as well as the lack of padding in this area in my girdle (and every pair of pants that I have ever owned). So, if these pads do not interfere with the skating or movement, then why would one not want to have padding here?

7 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

I remember skating out I used to get hit on the inner thigh occasionally and it sucked. No padding there at all. 

I took one puck to this area about a year or so. I was playing forward, trying to support a flurry we were putting on the opposing goalie, and a panicked D-man did a weak lob/chip clear attempt, that I think was going to just scrape my inner thigh and go clear behind me. Instinctively, I angled my inner thigh to knock down the clearing attempt, and it hit into my inner thigh and let me make a play. The D man did not put much on the puck, and it was not hurt, but it left about a 3-4 inch bruise for a week or so that had me thinking, "Wow, from just that?" I also recall a post from about a year ago, a guy here who, as a D man, just instinctively blocked a shot with his inner thigh from the point. I think he ruptured some artery or something or other, and was advised by his doctor not to return unless he could figure how to protect the area. Better to have padding and not need it, then need it and not have it, when that time comes. I realize we cannot prevent and protect from everything, and do not kid myself into thinking that is what I am doing. But why not cover as much as possible, when it is comfortable and easy?

I wish more pants had padding there. I was looking into buying a pair of these for goalie and another pair for player, but the knee padding is too thick for my liking to go under my goalie knee pads and my shin pads.

After seeing this happen I'll never say anything to anyone who wants more padding in the thighs. It wasn't like that was a blocked shot either, just in the wrong place by someone who can't aim at pickup.

jsNfCxt.jpg

Edited by Hills

4 hours ago, Hills said:

I wish more pants had padding there. I was looking into buying a pair of these for goalie and another pair for player, but the knee padding is too thick for my liking to go under my goalie knee pads and my shin pads.

After seeing this happen I'll never say anything to anyone who wants more padding in the thighs. It wasn't like that was a blocked shot either, just in the wrong place by someone who can't aim at pickup.

jsNfCxt.jpg

That's a healthy shiner haha.

16 hours ago, Hills said:

I think you are wearing the CCM Ultra Tack shin guards, yes? I tried them on the CCM Super Tack shin guards in the store, and was surprised how shallow the fit felt, relative to my 20K Pros. So yes, I agree that this knee padding is too thick for just about all knee pads, except for the 20K Pros (since they also have a hole in the knee where other shin guards have some padding).

18 hours ago, Cosmic said:

I think you are wearing the CCM Ultra Tack shin guards, yes? I tried them on the CCM Super Tack shin guards in the store, and was surprised how shallow the fit felt, relative to my 20K Pros. So yes, I agree that this knee padding is too thick for just about all knee pads, except for the 20K Pros (since they also have a hole in the knee where other shin guards have some padding).

I tried it once with the Ultra Tacks as I have the knee sleeves for goalie. But they pushed the shin guard way too far off my knee because of the shallowness.

On 8/18/2017 at 7:02 AM, Hills said:

jsNfCxt.jpg

I had a similar one from nothing more than a hard pass that I got in the way of. 

I've been wanting a new pair of 4roll gloves for a while now but didn't really like any brand's current selections and price points so I tried to look into Finland's pro stock offerings. There isn't much pro stock equipment available here in Finland if any, but I found these online at ebay Germany. Supposedly some german hockey team's pro stock. Easton E-PRO's.

easton-epro-768x768.jpg

• Like 4

16 hours ago, tvuollo said:

I've been wanting a new pair of 4roll gloves for a while now but didn't really like any brand's current selections and price points so I tried to look into Finland's pro stock offerings. There isn't much pro stock equipment available here in Finland if any, but I found these online at ebay Germany. Supposedly some german hockey team's pro stock. Easton E-PRO's.

easton-epro-768x768.jpg

Love the old Easton 4-rolls... you can never go wrong with that classic look.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, datsvechkin said:

52geqd.jpg

img tags aren't necessary anymore. Just paste the URL and the forum will convert it to an image automatically.

I did this for you.

On 8/18/2017 at 9:02 PM, Hills said:

jsNfCxt.jpg

So last night I was playing D and took a direct shot on the inside of the thigh (right where the PORON is). It was from a kid on U-16 National Team of the country I live in (the old Canadian guys shoot twice as hard as the local kids), but still, the puck is hard, and the kid who shot it has a decent shot. I felt it, it minorly hurt and I figured I'd be fine. I see a faint hint at a bruise there today; tried to take a pic but in the pic there is no evidence of anything so it's not even worth posting. And when skating (or sitting or anything), I do not even notice the extra protection. 

Edited by Cosmic
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, marka said:

Howdy,

I may have gone a little overboard with this dryland practice setup...

hockeytiles.jpg

Mark

Overboard?!?! id say that looks about perfect; you just need somewhere else to garage your vehicles, to allow you to extend the surface.

• Haha 2

Howdy,

6 hours ago, GoalForFun said:

What class you run in?

You mean the cars?

The '95 Neon on the right is an SCCA ITA car for roadracing.  Haven't run it in quite a while, its now mostly a rolling shelf.  On the left is an '89 Civic Si that's prepped for STS class autocross.

Mark

• Like 1

didn't purchase either (i shoot right), but i thought it was neat seeing both of these at the same store

21227813_1879561872373520_55535921848941

Edited by nutters
  • Like 1

Just sourced some CCM 762 super tacks brand new with original box. New to hockey again and these are just for recce playing. Used to skate 952 tacks and figured these seem quite similar of not a little stiffer! Cant find any info of note about the "62" label. Can anyone suggests what this denotes? Like was is a step up from the 52 line or why did CCM launch them as 762 and not 752? Hopefully some oldskool heads know. Thanks. PS that garage setup is SWEET !

Edited by Paddywhackery
omission