Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

6 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Whoa, wearing matching jerseys? I don't think I've ever seen you do that! haha

This team always does that! We may get destroyed 7-1 but we look good doing it! 

3 minutes ago, Hills said:

This team always does that! We may get destroyed 7-1 but we look good doing it! 

That's basically our motto this season. 

• Like 1

Big month for me.

@JR Boucicaut fitted me for custom Bauer Nexus V-Cuts at SJ and they came in about 3 weeks ago.  I've been working through the break in process and the fit is unreal.  I never realized how loose the fit was in my old skates.  Kinda hurst like hell getting there because they are so much tighter then I was used too but well worth it.  I already feel performance benefits.  

Details:  Custom Nexus V-Cuts.  Stock Nexus lining (wanted the new 1x grip-tec but couldn't get it). built in comfort edge (can't really see it), memory foams in ankles and heel pocket.  Using LS2 steel and Edge holder.

oyaMJXK.jpg

Tr5YRTL.jpg

IHwgbbL.jpg

yy18KGz.jpg

When I was baking them I also popped for these....  figured what the heck...

3411d8j.jpg

If that wasn't enough decided to upgrade buckets and bought a back and white Re-Axt combo.  

fjadk91.jpg

j24gus4.jpg

(yup... marred and melted the bucket taking off the sticker... oh well....)

No need to take pics of the white one.....

Like I said... big month....  fun!!!

Edited by dkmiller3356
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, GoalForFun said:

Why did you use heat to get the sticker off? You can usually just peel it off with some finger nail work.

Sick skates though!

Never heard of using heat to take off stickers, water maybe, but usually just pecking at it with my fingernails.

56 minutes ago, Jamarquan said:

Never heard of using heat to take off stickers, water maybe, but usually just pecking at it with my fingernails.

I've heard of using a blow dryer to heat them up to melt the adhesive. That's probably what he did.

44 minutes ago, IPv6Freely said:

Explain v-cuts?

From what I understand, they're an X:60 skate pretty much. Might have more space in the toebox. But have a Vapor heel.

11 minutes ago, GoalForFun said:

I've heard of using a blow dryer to heat them up to melt the adhesive. That's probably what he did.

From what I understand, they're an X:60 skate pretty much. Might have more space in the toebox. But have a Vapor heel.

Huh. That sounds likely to be the first Bauer skate that would have actually fit me.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GoalForFun said:

Why did you use heat to get the sticker off? You can usually just peel it off with some finger nail work.

Sick skates though!

This usually gets them to slide off nice and easy... I do it all the time and I've never marred a helmet before... oh well...

10 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Explain v-cuts?

The Nexus V-Cut is actually built on the X90 last which is pretty much the same as the 7.0 and the other tech mesh Vapor legacy skates.  They take your measurements and build your own completely custom last based off of that base.  I always wore a EE Vapor but had some volume issues and it was also a tad wide so I was less stable.  These new skates fit MUCH closer to my foot and as a result I am much more sold on my skates.  Cornering and turns are much sharper (well... as sharp as my turns are gonna be! :tongue:).  The break in process continues and they get better at each skate.  

1 hour ago, dkmiller3356 said:

This usually gets them to slide off nice and easy... I do it all the time and I've never marred a helmet before... oh well...

The Nexus V-Cut is actually built on the X90 last which is pretty much the same as the 7.0 and the other tech mesh Vapor legacy skates.  They take your measurements and build your own completely custom last based off of that base.  I always wore a EE Vapor but had some volume issues and it was also a tad wide so I was less stable.  These new skates fit MUCH closer to my foot and as a result I am much more sold on my skates.  Cornering and turns are much sharper (well... as sharp as my turns are gonna be! :tongue:).  The break in process continues and they get better at each skate.  

CLEARLY, this means you are getting AT LEAST two goals at WF! :wink:

2 minutes ago, dkmiller3356 said:

lol... doubtful...  I've been playing terribly lately.  Even for me.

Good thing you've got a month to iron it out then :biggrin:

• Facepalm 1

On 10/30/2017 at 9:11 PM, dkmiller3356 said:

Big month for me.

@JR Boucicaut fitted me for custom Bauer Nexus V-Cuts at SJ and they came in about 3 weeks ago.  I've been working through the break in process and the fit is unreal.  I never realized how loose the fit was in my old skates.  Kinda hurst like hell getting there because they are so much tighter then I was used too but well worth it.  I already feel performance benefits.  

Details:  Custom Nexus V-Cuts.  Stock Nexus lining (wanted the new 1x grip-tec but couldn't get it). built in comfort edge (can't really see it), memory foams in ankles and heel pocket.  Using LS2 steel and Edge holder.

When I was baking them I also popped for these....  figured what the heck...

If that wasn't enough decided to upgrade buckets and bought a back and white Re-Axt combo.  

(yup... marred and melted the bucket taking off the sticker... oh well....)

No need to take pics of the white one.....

Like I said... big month....  fun!!!

Sounds like a goal scorer in the making...

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Hills said:

@dkmiller3356 why the LS2?

Because I like them.  LS3s have an odd profile.  LS4s I had a bad experience with.  Might not have been the height as there were many factors at play but I have been nervous to change ever since.

Edited by dkmiller3356

bezGkGZ.jpg

ERnRDQX.jpg

So I had an online credit at Hockeymonkey that I received back in March for some returned Easton protective equipment that didn't fit quite right. Since then I couldn't really decide what to use the credit for as I was pretty happy with all my current gear. I have been using the Warrior QRL4 for around 8 months or so and have enjoyed them quite well but I have been hearing raving reviews of the Alpha QX here and elsewhere, so I decided to pick up a QX3 W03 85 flex. Haven't used it yet but will this Sunday at practice. Pretty sure I will love it. It's a gorgeous looking stick as is almost always the case from Warrior. 

Edited by chocks86
Photos didn't load.
  • Like 3

Picked up another pro stock 1N. I've been using a P28 the past couple years but decided to go back to a P92. 87 flex with a 7 lie.

1n_002.jpg

1n_001.jpg

Edited by sko buffs
  • Like 2

On 11/2/2017 at 12:01 AM, chocks86 said:

So I had an online credit at Hockeymonkey that I received back in March for some returned Easton protective equipment that didn't fit quite right. Since then I couldn't really decide what to use the credit for as I was pretty happy with all my current gear. I have been using the Warrior QRL4 for around 8 months or so and have enjoyed them quite well but I have been hearing raving reviews of the Alpha QX here and elsewhere, so I decided to pick up a QX3 W03 85 flex. Haven't used it yet but will this Sunday at practice. Pretty sure I will love it. It's a gorgeous looking stick as is almost always the case from Warrior. 

Well, I used the Alpha QX3 on Sunday during practice and I scored two goals during our team scrimmage, lol. Which surprised myself and everyone eIse because I'm definitely not known for my shot or goal scoring. I think I still need more ice time to give an informed review and compare it to the Cover QRL4 I was using, but so far I like it a lot.

13 hours ago, sko buffs said:

Picked up another pro stock 1N. I've been using a P28 the past couple years but decided to go back to a P92. 87 flex with a 7 lie.

1n_002.jpg

1n_001.jpg

Wow, how do you find going from a lie 5 to a lie 7? Are you cutting them different lengths?