Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Dallas Police team pants shells finally came in. The quality feels decent, but I kind of wish for the money we paid for them that the logo, stars, and lettering would have been embroidered instead of sublimated. I might look into getting a company to make me one at a later time, but for right now these will do nicely, and they will probably hold up pretty well. 

rCRmkf6.jpgLFSwnD5.jpgJpEXxcV.jpg

Edited by chocks86
  • Like 6

6 minutes ago, chocks86 said:

Dallas Police team pants shells finally came in. The quality feels decent, but I kind of wish for the money we paid for them that the logo, stars, and lettering would have been embroidered instead of screen printed. I might look into getting a company to make me one at a later time, but for right now these will do nicely. 

Is that screen print, or sublimation?

• Thanks 1

Just now, IPv6Freely said:

Is that screen print, or sublimation?

I stand corrected sir. You are right, it is sublimation. Just couldn't find the right word. 

2 minutes ago, chocks86 said:

I stand corrected sir. You are right, it is sublimation. Just couldn't find the right word. 

That's definitely better than screen print, but I'd also be disappointed to not get embroidery. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Top Cheddar said:

Wow, how do you find going from a lie 5 to a lie 7? Are you cutting them different lengths?

My p28's were actually a 6 lie so there isn't a ton of difference. I use a shorter stick so the higher lie works better for me. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hills said:

New skates! I think they are hideous but if they are comfortable they will be worth it.

I would of stuck with black. I have not seen any color other than black look good on the skate so far. 

Edited by chocks86

4 hours ago, chocks86 said:

Approximately $64.00 U.S. with tax. 

Will they do singles? It’s hard to find somebody who will. I’d even take sublimation if I could buy a single shell.

19 hours ago, Hills said:

New skates! I think they are hideous but if they are comfortable they will be worth it.

I think they look great! Blue Moon was my favorite ice cream as a kid :P

I was critical of the look of the True boot, but it's really grown on me. It features the custom colors so much better than the VH version did. To my taste anyway 😜

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chocks86 said:

I would of stuck with black. I have not seen any color other than black look good on the skate so far. 

I don't think the skates look good with black either. So I'd rather have colour than nothing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hills said:

I don't think the skates look good with black either. So I'd rather have colour than nothing.

To each his own sir. Besides it's not really a matter of what they look like but how they feel and perform. Enjoy them. 

So I decided to cut down the 1N a little. It was originally 66 inches. At the top the walls were pretty standard thickness. Once I cut it down, I noticed it was significantly thicker. 

This isn't a 1N SE so why is it so much thicker? Pictures for reference.

1n%20top%20small.jpg

1n%20top%20big.jpg

Snagged an 87 flex P92 1X Lite yesterday after trying it at the Own the Moment store compared to last year's 1X. Marked/noticeable improvement. We'll see how longevity is!

24444620628_cabbf5f5de_b.jpg

• Like 2

Played with one for a bit at the LHS, always loved the shaft on these and it felt like a really really good stick, probably a touch blade heavy. Would love to own one but I am not crazy enough to spend close to 400$ on one. 

I'm pretty excited. i just got my custom True sticks in and i couldn't be happier.

P10 / Kane Pro curve, 80 flex, matte finish

xkPIdU7.jpg?1

Edited by ryanmonty
  • Like 12

On 2017-11-13 at 9:06 AM, ryanmonty said:

I'm pretty excited. i just got my custom True sticks in and i couldn't be happier.

P10 / Kane Pro curve, 80 flex, matte finish

Was the curve an option when ordering  or did you have to send in a sample to have it done?

On 11/17/2017 at 9:36 PM, nicker87 said:

Was the curve an option when ordering  or did you have to send in a sample to have it done?

Note: you won't get it back so make sure it's a stick you're willing to lose forever.

• Like 1