Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

4 hours ago, laserrobottime said:

They're totally custom, they built up a last from tracings and photos of my feet. They recommended I go with a medium-depth boot and tight heel, so it's not entirely comparable to either.

Thanks for the clarification! That's awesome they were able to build it to your foot.

Nothing like a pair of SMUs to get you back in the game, damn those blades look sweet but Ive heard theyre sorta gimmicky tho

20180513_183950.jpgimages

not pictured and for good reason is the new 4500 / 480 I bought because of the dreaded glue issues of a 7500 i wore 3x before a 3 year lay off.

Edited by Cove
Couldnt figure out how to properly post a picture
  • Like 2

On 5/13/2018 at 6:43 PM, Cove said:

Nothing like a pair of SMUs to get you back in the game, damn those blades look sweet but Ive heard theyre sorta gimmicky tho

20180513_183950.jpgimages

not pictured and for good reason is the new 4500 / 480 I bought because of the dreaded glue issues of a 7500 i wore 3x before a 3 year lay off.

So is the 9080 bascially the same as the Classic Pro with a regular runner?

Edited by nyquil

I think its a 5092 upgraded or was it the 7092? It was on sale so Im assuming it was from the last generation. 

5 hours ago, Cove said:

I think its a 5092 upgraded or was it the 7092? It was on sale so Im assuming it was from the last generation. 

It is an upgraded 6092.  Great skates, my shop sells them.  I personally like the steel, I've had it on my 70K skates for a few months and they haven't really gotten too nicked up, or needed a sharpening.

Current arsenal. The two 1N's are my game twigs.

Warrior AK27 | Kovalchuk Pro stock | ~90 flex

CCM Super Tacks | P28 Pro stock | 85 flex

Bauer 1S (G3) | Oshie Pro stock (P08) | 87 flex

Bauer 1N (G3) | Brouwer pro stock (Somewhere in between a P92 & P28) | 95 flex 

IMG_4638-2.jpg

IMG_4642.jpg

Edited by sko buffs
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, GoalForFun said:

What is that, a Coffey???

The 1N's? It's more of a mid toe curve. I thought Coffey's curve started to open more at the heel.

Edited by sko buffs

1k1EWzA_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fRevamped a good chunk of my gear lately from Warrior/Bauer to CCM.  I had tried a pieces of CCM gear over the last couple of years but hadn’t been able to make them work.  Finally found the right models and I’m very impressed.  

Fitlite Helmet

HG50 and HG55 gloves

Pro Stock Crazy Light Pants

Tacks 9099  Skates

Pro Stock Ultra Tacks

and because these are becoming rarer and rarer to find:

xSuFvk3_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Edited by CTB
  • Like 4

On 5/16/2018 at 9:54 PM, sko buffs said:

The 1N's? It's more of a mid toe curve. I thought Coffey's curve started to open more at the heel.

Yea the 1Ns. Any more pics of that curve?

On 5/16/2018 at 10:34 PM, CTB said:

xSuFvk3_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Just get Howie's.  It's the exact same lace - they're both made by Tex-Style.  The only difference is that the Graf has a single tracer.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, JR Boucicaut said:

Just get Howie's.  It's the exact same lace - they're both made by Tex-Style.  The only difference is that the Graf has a single tracer.

I’ve tried Howie’s, they’re not bad. Can’t explain it but I like the Grafs better. That and the yellow go with the Tacks pretty well.  

Edited by CTB

4 minutes ago, CTB said:

I’ve tried Howie’s, they’re not bad. Can’t explain it but I like the Grafs better. 

Does the single tracer really matter THAT much to you? heh

4 minutes ago, yrhmblnr8r said:

I know they’re made in the same place but I agree with CTB, the Grafs just feel different somehow.  Tracer count doesn’t matter.

Placebo effect, I guess. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yrhmblnr8r said:

Probably

Can't discount that! I'm sure I certainly have some things I think "are better" despite a lack of evidence! 

5 hours ago, sko buffs said:

Here ya go.

C4625017-3A54-430C-ADFA-E4FEFE152876.png

E8CDBDEF-6A38-4878-A7AF-45E17E8E7C71.jpe

The difference in blade and stick carbon there is really interesting to me.

3 hours ago, Cavs019 said:

Basically standard on all G3 build sticks. 

Yep. G3’s are always 12k on the shaft and usually 3k on the blade but I’ve also seen 18k. I prefer the 3k, it feels softer.

Edited by sko buffs

21 hours ago, sko buffs said:

Yep. G3’s are always 12k on the shaft and usually 3k on the blade but I’ve also seen 18k. I prefer the 3k, it feels softer.

The legendary One95 blade. Makes you wonder why more Bauer pros don't get a One95 build instead of G3 with a One95 blade.

On 2/8/2018 at 4:39 AM, HeliZZ said:

Just got my 1 S pro stock / customs in. Cant wait to hit the ice tonight :cool:

GetAttachmentThumbnail_zpsotsoyfb4.pngGetAttachmentThumbnail_zpsorcuuxic.jpg

Wow, nice specs. How did you manage to order a G3 build? Bauer's been very stingy about letting people order old builds on customs.

(P.S. Let me know if you ever wanna offload one, I'd be interested.)

• Like 1

Got the Super Tacks a couple of weeks ago for a price I couldn’t pass up. Been very happy with them so far.

grULhCR.jpg

• Like 8

Update on my custom Graf skates: they’re perfect. Unbelievably good. Better overall fit than my highest expectations. The boot is definitely a lower cut but after 5 minutes on the ice I felt quite comfortable. The boot pitch has me too far forward on my profiled steel but I’ll adjust that. ZERO foot pain in my bunionettes, navicular, or bunions. 

• Like 3