Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

I don't know where else to post this, i'm a longtime Member who has been innactive for years! i just started playing hockey again after 5 years due to an injury, Back then i played with 87flex cut @ 180lbs, even then i was considering droping, i lost more than 30lbs and strenght so was looking to drop flex! prior injuries i had been playing with a Crazyovi or a Ovechkin pro stock mirrored LH. This thing is impossible to find anymore... i bought a very low flex p28, it's decent but... it's realy not a crazyovi. Any obscure or less known company that makes decent stick with them? saw All black hockey stick ABS8 pattern, they tell me it's a crazyovi but looking at the curve it looks like the p08 bauer came out with for a while, wich was similar but realy not as big, after i told them that they wouldn't answer me anymore. Saw some guy sell some Fischer CT850 on sideswap that looks exacly like a crazyovi but they are 90flex... on the description he says it's an ovechkin curve but no clue if it's actually a retail one you can buy from them. After looking on their website it says you can custom hockey stick when buying 3, they list their pattern wich has p8 (saying Crazyovi, Kremlin) but when you look at the image of the blade pattern the pattern doesn't look no where near a crazyovi!

HELP im desperate lol, still have a crazyovi but it's a 87flex cut and i can't flex it to save my life.

3D printed this spacer for my skate since I didn't want to use an orthopedic insole. Used Carbon reinforced Nylon, and swapped to stainless T-nuts and screws.

iXr5rjP.jpg

b5WDI6U.jpg

Pfiknxt.jpg

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Brox said:

3D printed this spacer for my skate since I didn't want to use an orthopedic insole. Used Carbon reinforced Nylon, and swapped to stainless T-nuts and screws.

iXr5rjP.jpg

b5WDI6U.jpg

Pfiknxt.jpg

Crazy. Is this for leg length discrepancies

18 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

Crazy. Is this for leg length discrepancies

Yes! My left leg is 7.5 mm shorter, and I have been using a lifted custom insole for 6-7 years. I originally found out because I was subconsciously compensating by walking on the outside of my left foot, and I ended up with stress fractures. I noticed after my first couple of skates that my lower back and knee felt off, but I didn't want the lift in the boot which would throw off the fit of the skate. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Brox said:

Yes! My left leg is 7.5 mm shorter, and I have been using a lifted custom insole for 6-7 years. I originally found out because I was subconsciously compensating by walking on the outside of my left foot, and I ended up with stress fractures. I noticed after my first couple of skates that my lower back and knee felt off, but I didn't want the lift in the boot which would throw off the fit of the skate. 

Was it from an accident or was this pretty much from birth?

5 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

Was it from an accident or was this pretty much from birth?

Just genetic I guess. There’s a lot of possible theories about improper nutrition causing unequal growth plate length and stuff like that. I think it is just genetics. You can see right below my left knee where my growth plate turned into a bump rather than my bone getting longer.

It’s pretty common to have a slight length discrepancy, but most people never notice. I crushed my big toe on that side while in the Army, and I think that combined with the length being slightly off changed my gait enough to cause the stress fractures. If it weren’t for that it probably never would have caused a problem and I never would have known.

https://imgur.com/gallery/oWztmfu

i was at my local shop and found a pair of Warrior Franchise 13N. I haven’t had a pair of these for years!!! I mean 2008 they were first released and I think I got them around that time but wore them out. Never thought I’d get another pair for under 200. I have qrls and Im not big on them. So I was thrilled to find these 

• Like 4

On 3/6/2019 at 12:02 AM, tvaughan4 said:

Amazing!!

If only it was a righty!!!  Well done!

I'm pretty sure Ryan Murray uses Niedermayer clones. He's still a lefty, but that means if you were to order custom sticks at True, you could get one of his patterns there mirrored for you without a mold fee. Unless I've fallen behind, everything I've heard about True custom sticks has included the bit that they don't charge for a mold fee at a much lower order number than other companies.

I'd also be up for ordering some blades in that pattern from BASE if there was interest in getting a Niedermayer Pro done up in their pattern request program they have. Then it'd be available to righties and lefties alike.

On 2/28/2019 at 6:47 AM, GoalForFun said:

First retail stick in god knows how long.

tEwuVxV.jpg

I6uEQY2.jpg

how do you like the 70 flex compared to Bauer's 77 flex? I'm worried it would feel mcuh more flimsy/less durable compared to the 77. But I want something a tiny bit whippier than the 77.

Warrior Alpha DX Elbow Pads

393BE245-17CC-403D-A218-28D839F08531.thumb.jpeg.98aafdc41fca4b0cd16717fe472752a1.jpeg

First pair of elbow pads since the original white Warrior Projekt that I’ve actually found comfortable. Tried them on at Winterfest and loved the feel. Bought them as soon as I saw the email that they were available.

I’m not so sure about the sizing though. I bought a Large (my white Projekt size Medium was perfect but apparently those fit big, because the blue Projekt in medium were way too small and most size medium elbows from most brands in the store also felt a bit tight.) but while they feel comfortable, there is no gap at all at the forearm which while I assume is a good thing for protection, I feel like I couldn’t really pull the straps as tight as I might otherwise. Also the forearms on these are REALLY long. They go almost to my wrist. Again, probably not a bad thing protection-wise but still very different from what I’m used to. 

I dunno, should I order some mediums and just send one of the pairs back once I’ve been able to try both?

F89AAABF-3FB0-4109-A19C-6322414A23FD.thumb.jpeg.1ab368d027678bba177c6a73906769d3.jpeg

• Like 3

2NPro kick point

Supreme shaft shape

1X Lite blade

Grip. I was going to get gloss clear but I don’t like taping the butt ends so went with grip.

Edited by GoalForFun

1 hour ago, GoalForFun said:

2NPro kick point

Supreme shaft shape

1X Lite blade

Grip. I was going to get gloss clear but I don’t like taping the butt ends so went with grip.

It may or may not be enforced in men's league, but Hockey Canada rule 3.3 e) states:

The end of the shaft must be covered to protect against injury. In the case of hollowed shaft sticks, the end of the shaft must have a protective cap as well as being covered to protect against injury.

Nice stick though!

Edited by althoma1

6 hours ago, mojo122 said:

Says Kucherov on the shaft.  More curious as to what the build is?

Thanks. It was too small to read on my phone.

8 hours ago, althoma1 said:

It may or may not be enforced in men's league, but Hockey Canada rule 3.3 e) states:

The end of the shaft must be covered to protect against injury. In the case of hollowed shaft sticks, the end of the shaft must have a protective cap as well as being covered to protect against injury.

Nice stick though!

I glue the end plugs in. Not sure what is meant by "as well as being covered to protect against injury."

Edited by GoalForFun

My understanding is that it means the butt end should be covered by tape or a grip like Tacki Mac ect. With that said, if you have the end cap glued in, I don't think you'll be given a hard time about it; especially in beer league.