Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

14 minutes ago, .am said:

Some new toys from MSH marketplace, SLS, and CL since the Coronavirus shutdown

Great collection there!

How does the T-flex shoot with the shortened hosel blades? Always thought the T-flex needed a standard hosel blade to get the desired low kick point.

1 hour ago, the_game said:

Great collection there!

How does the T-flex shoot with the shortened hosel blades? Always thought the T-flex needed a standard hosel blade to get the desired low kick point.

I don't know yet as the rinks are having soft openings today in my area. The T-flexes are a little stiffer than my preference, but I always wanted these shafts.

But wouldn't a longer hosel move the kick point higher versus a shorter hosel? The blade and hosel shouldn't be flexing or torquing, only the shaft.

It will probably feel closer to a Synthesis or Synergy did back in the day. Pretty sure the Synthesis was just a longer T-Flex with no change to the kickpoint. 

18 hours ago, .am said:

I don't know yet as the rinks are having soft openings today in my area. The T-flexes are a little stiffer than my preference, but I always wanted these shafts.

But wouldn't a longer hosel move the kick point higher versus a shorter hosel? The blade and hosel shouldn't be flexing or torquing, only the shaft.

11 hours ago, Cavs019 said:

It will probably feel closer to a Synthesis or Synergy did back in the day. Pretty sure the Synthesis was just a longer T-Flex with no change to the kickpoint. 

Granted this was a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away but...if I remember correctly I felt like the T-Flex's I had with standard hosel blades had a much better kick point and energy transfer when shooting, felt much more like a Synergy or one piece. The short hosel tapered bladed always felt kind of dead and never gave the same kick. I would bet you could feel a difference with the blade thats in the second TPS shaft, it looks like the hosel is slightly longer. 

Just my $.02, theres a very good chance I'm crazy and with my skill level you wouldn't see a difference in my shooting if I was using a hockey stick or a boat oar.

LOL @the_game.

To be fair those T-Flex blades were unreal and the puck absolutely exploded off of them so I totally get it. It’s hard to decouple what could be attributed to the blade itself vs kickpoint. IIRC consensus on here (or was it Corebeam at that point?) was that the Synthesis blades felt like a dead fish. 

Edited by Cavs019
  • Like 1

@Cavs019 my mind isn't as sharp as it used to be, it actually might've been on the OG Easton Hockey Message board!

But yeah the original composite full length Tapered blades for the T-flex were otherworldly in terms of puck feel and release/kickpoint. Once Easton went with the short hosel tapered blades for the blade/shaft combo they lost all feel and kick. I even remember when HockeyMonkey cleaned out the Warrior stash of Pro Stock shafts & blades, the Warrior blades had a slightly longer hosel than the typical short hosel blades and the responsiveness and kick on those were great. I always keep my eyes peeled for old school blades but they never seem to pop up.

• Like 1

Conversion almost complete.

*Edited for context*

After trying to fit inlines by mail with no luck I decided convert some ice boots over. I spent hours searching for the parts, almost nothing available at the time. I reached out to JR for help. He didn't have a frame that would fit but he put me in contact with someone he thought might and sure enough they did. Classy move for sure. Thx man. 

received_262620304854415.jpeg

Edited by stick9
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, start_today said:

Were those skates made at the same time from the same mold, or are they two separate productions?

Two separate pro return Trues hardly used if at all. Found my size and they both heat molded to my foot perfectly

• Like 1