Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

On 6/27/2020 at 5:06 PM, start_today said:

@Hills That whole set up is dope. Is your team directly associated with pride tape? What does the HR stand for?

Thanks! None of this stuff was done for a team, I reached out to Pride Tape as I use their tape and I am a big fan of what they are doing.. I did it as I support the cause and my @breezietold me to get rainbow haha. HR is the logo for my social media handle. 

22 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

I know it’s not the classic silver version, but I actually really like the red.

424A8F0A-6B24-4FB3-AB2E-8A5904ECD5E3.jpeg

I always liked the red, it reminded me of the original Titan sticks from the late 70's.  I've still got a black one in my basement that I bought in 1988 or 89.  I also had the original silver and green version.  That one actually had a hole punched in the shaft when I blocked a shot.  I was surprised to find foam in the shaft similar to what you'd find used as stuffing in furniture.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2020 at 4:17 PM, IPv6Freely said:

I know it’s not the classic silver version, but I actually really like the red.

424A8F0A-6B24-4FB3-AB2E-8A5904ECD5E3.jpeg

I remember my first Aluminum stick and thinking how light it was. Funny compared to Composite sticks of today.

• Like 2

penguins HGTKPP. i loved my retail tacks but the protection sucked. So I got these. The backhand padding seems great (have it on my HG97) the fingers also seem to have very thick D3O! So I’m sure these will be great gloves. 

also picked up these today too AHL PORTLAND Reebok 11KP 

Edited by Tucker16
  • Like 1

20200921-081850

Got the shin pads last Thursday and played with them on Friday. Love the strapping system since I have chicken legs, so getting a tight fit with a traditional calf strap was difficult. 

Stick was purchased about a month ago. Not a big Supreme guy, but I do like the graphics of the Team version and one I might get to use it.

• Like 1

Now I have all three fits from CCM... Not in picture is the ccm 4r pro2

These are the 9080 tacks and ft390. Didn't feel like paying 60+ dollars for the as1 and ft1 when, imo, these second tier are more or less the same. 

Of the three fits I feel the jetspeeds fit the best for me. All are very comfortable though. 

GE7tqkx.jpg

Edited by Sniper9
  • Like 1

Just grabbed these early 1990's vintage Hartford Whalers Easton GX800's and Carolina faux Whalers socks 

Sideline Oct 6 2020 001.JPG

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Monty22
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Monty22 said:

Just grabbed these early 1990's vintage Hartford Whalers Easton GX800's and Carolina faux Whalers socks 

Sideline Oct 6 2020 001.JPG

s-l1600.jpg

Can you actually use those gloves? I have a pair of black ones that I dug up from my parents basement at the start of covid and I would definitely use them if I could get someone to split the fingers. The one piece is impossible to bend. Never had the issue with eagle one piece fingers

I wore Eastons from about 1992 to maybe 99 or so without issue. Would be hard to go back, but I don't think we knew what we were missing back then. I don't use the Whaler stuff as a rule. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Monty22 said:

I wore Eastons from about 1992 to maybe 99 or so without issue. Would be hard to go back, but I don't think we knew what we were missing back then. I don't use the Whaler stuff as a rule. 

We weren't missing anything lol, there was nothing else. Love my gx9500s, wish I could find a way to split those fingers and restore then to their beauty days

00000-IMG-00000-BURST20201007234358400-C

Old L29s and new H34s. Purchased the h34s a while ago but accidently had them shipped to my parents house, so just picked them up today. I'm very happy I scored these even though I got ripped off hard. Now to find some tan color H34s...

Edited by Miller55
  • Like 1

On 3/19/2020 at 11:57 AM, IPv6Freely said:

Wow congrats on being ambidextrous!

Don't be ridiculous.

He obviously tapes them both together for wicked forehand AND backhanders.

3 hours ago, colins said:

Don't be ridiculous.

He obviously tapes them both together for wicked forehand AND backhanders.

Damn. Why have I not thought of that?

In Pittsburgh, I used to  occasionally play with a goalie who uses a lefty goalie stick to play righty, so that he could “handle the puck better.”  As you might imagine, he was awful and handing the puck no matter what, but ever other game he’d have a slooooooooow puck slide through 5 hole because his stick didn’t sit flat. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, start_today said:

In Pittsburgh, I used to  occasionally play with a goalie who uses a lefty goalie stick to play righty, so that he could “handle the puck better.”  As you might imagine, he was awful and handing the puck no matter what, but ever other game he’d have a slooooooooow puck slide through 5 hole because his stick didn’t sit flat. 

I mean, it makes some semblance of sense if you're an old school goalie who turns their stick around to shoot the puck, but that technique is long dead. I've seen a few goalies who have it the wrong way. I always figured they just got better deals on lefty clearance sticks, or something.

On 6/26/2020 at 3:30 PM, Buzz_LightBeer said:

Random alma mater pickups from my travels. 

C86E5715-8408-4BCD-BB3D-5650BD88F246.jpeg

A good friend of mine was an All-American defenseman there about 25 years ago. 

• Like 1

Just getting back into the game after a long hiatus.  My children are now teenagers and my three year stint in law school is finally over. No more travel for me.  

Found the old gear in the basement and went thru some of it this past week.  Just organized some of my old remaining twigs in the media room. I’ll add more as I go. 

25-CD1-EE3-EB16-441-C-92-F1-A6705-FC9074

I found some of my son’s old gear in the basement from when he was about 4.  He’s 13 now

D38508-BA-640-E-4-B5-D-A661-FE8-DA5-E441

Edited by epstud74
  • Like 2