Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

What’s going on with the blade on the Ballistik? Was that design on the blade, or something you added?

that whole pic is such an awesome snapshot of sticks that were popular at a specific time. For a while everyone really fetishized the one95 and CNT, would be interesting if one could somehow compare them to modern offerings. But it’s all so subjective it would be a wash. 

• Like 1

That’s a Ballistik shaft with a Warrior blade on it w/o tape. I’ve got a one piece Ballistik downstairs somewhere.  

That CNT might be my oldest stick in that photo.  I do have a couple Northland Crack Shots that belonged to my dad and a couple old Sherwood wooden sticks with the Coffey pattern 

Every now and then a piece comes along that peaks my interest.

20201111-151022212-i-OS.jpg

20201109-172035814-i-OS.jpg
20201109-172024779-i-OS.jpg
20201109-172031350-i-OS.jpg

Warrior Franchise 14N made for Robidas and the 2010 Vancouver Olympics. Digital Palms, mesh gussets and sick thumb badge.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Hills said:

Those Olympics were amazing for Warrior. Oh how they have fallen. Awesome gloves!

What went wrong with warrior gloves anyhow? The franchise, luxe, even AX1 were such solid nice gloves. I’ll never ever give up my franchise 13Ns. Only gloves I’ll even consider repalming. 

the new lines arent good. I tried QRL and I was so disappointed. I heard the alpha aren’t great either. That’s why I’ve switched to CCM pro stuff. 

• Like 1

The shift to overseas production is part of it but doesn’t tell the whole story. I’ve owned a few pairs of overseas retail Bonafide X and overseas pro stock gloves built to Franchise (dressed as an AX1) or QR1 specs and they’re way nicer than the newer models.  

The real question is why on earth did they ditch the blooming MIA/Franchise cuff for whatever they decided to put on the AX1/QX/DX. It’s the #1 reason why the glove doesn’t feel nearly as good as the older model and I’d be curious as to what data/feedback/focus group suggested that was a good idea. 

Edited by Cavs019
  • Like 3

On 11/11/2020 at 3:18 PM, Tucker16 said:

What went wrong with warrior gloves anyhow? The franchise, luxe, even AX1 were such solid nice gloves. I’ll never ever give up my franchise 13Ns. Only gloves I’ll even consider repalming. 

the new lines arent good. I tried QRL and I was so disappointed. I heard the alpha aren’t great either. That’s why I’ve switched to CCM pro stuff. 

Warrior has been up and down. I currently have a pair of the AX1 dynastys and they are similar enough to the Franchise. Not a huge fan of the QRL’s or Alpha. They need to go back to the MIA days. The franchise gloves were amazing. 

11 hours ago, Stealth26 said:

Warrior has been up and down. I currently have a pair of the AX1 dynastys and they are similar enough to the Franchise. Not a huge fan of the QRL’s or Alpha. They need to go back to the MIA days. The franchise gloves were amazing. 

I agree! I actually just ordered a pair of AX1 on SLS to try out. They are pro stock yakupov so I hope I like them