Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

On 5/2/2021 at 6:01 AM, Miller55 said:

Forget the Synergy, the Shanny curve!!! 

But you can order a brand new Shanny if you want, as opposed to a 1st gen. Synergy.

3 hours ago, flip12 said:

But you can order a brand new Shanny if you want, as opposed to a 1st gen. Synergy.

Where's that? Unless you're referring to Base hockey, in which case... Yeah

17 minutes ago, Miller55 said:

Where's that? Unless you're referring to Base hockey, in which case... Yeah

MyBauer, Prostockhockeysticks, also Base, yeah.

1 hour ago, Miller55 said:

Didn't realize they had it on my Bauer and pshs

Only in the Praux Custom option, from what I could see, but they had it there. It’s the Kane I’m looking at, and looking again, it looks like it might have some of his mods to the stock Shanahan. PSHS’ Kane looks like a stock Shanny. I have nothing against Base. I just got a Hossa Pro blade from them.

I found Base blades to be very poor in pop, feel and durability. Went dead on me in a few games. I think the Kane pro is a bit different from Shanahan, but I can't say for sure as pshs is always out of stock lol

57 minutes ago, Buzz_LightBeer said:

Very excited to get these today, can’t wait to try them out on ice. I’ll be putting together a long term review of them. 

10FF7FD8-F852-459F-8480-3B4D40421987.jpeg

63F55FD1-BB20-4644-92A5-2634FDA358F4.jpeg

D031794D-8867-49D8-90A7-E91AD8520F60.jpeg

Those comfort edge pads look puny.  Is that the standard FT4 pad or did you customize that?

46 minutes ago, Buzz_LightBeer said:

Not sure which part you're referring to, but i didn't change any of the padding

The spongy pad on the collar, right above the Jetspeed logo.

On a side note, people are hating on the graphics, but I actually like them.  Not an opinion you'd expect from an old dude!

32 minutes ago, boo10 said:

On a side note, people are hating on the graphics, but I actually like them.  Not an opinion you'd expect from an old dude!

I would have preferred the look of having a big JetSpeed where the CCM is, similar to  what Bauer did with Vapor and Supreme.  Then again what's more important, looks or performance?

12 hours ago, mojo122 said:

I would have preferred the look of having a big JetSpeed where the CCM is, similar to  what Bauer did with Vapor and Supreme.  Then again what's more important, looks or performance?

But for future proofing CCM is better than the lineup name in big text. As a counterpoint

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvn99TaR0CPu66McnvjpS

which I always read as “All Out. Oh CCM.”

1 hour ago, flip12 said:

But for future proofing CCM is better than the lineup name in big text. As a counterpoint

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvn99TaR0CPu66McnvjpS

which I always read as “All Out. Oh CCM.”

I thought that was a fitting slogan for the pandemic year of 2020, and had to do with their inventory levels.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, clarkiestooth said:

I thought that was a fitting slogan for the pandemic year of 2020, and had to do with their inventory levels.

I give my rep crap about this every time.

"CCM - ALL OUT (of stock)" 🤣

On 6/30/2021 at 9:13 AM, Buzz_LightBeer said:

Very excited to get these today, can’t wait to try them out on ice. I’ll be putting together a long term review of them. 

10FF7FD8-F852-459F-8480-3B4D40421987.jpeg

Is that 1/4" advance facing? Aside of reducing the volume up top what else does it do?

Is it applied to the top 3 eyelets only? With the increased boot wrap does it impede forward flex?

as a side note it makes zero sense they ship retail skates with black steel but make it a $60 option for customs that are already $200-$400 more expensive! 

On 7/1/2021 at 11:03 AM, Monty22 said:

Throwback Thursday

20210701_104903.jpg

Where do you get such wonderful toys?

are those Hartford or old school OHL whalers? Either way they’re amazing!

3 hours ago, the_game said:

Where do you get such wonderful toys?

are those Hartford or old school OHL whalers? Either way they’re amazing!

Grabbed these on Ebay. Seller was in Michigan so Plymouth is a possibility.  I find the Whalers colorway hard to pass up. 

• Like 2

Thanks to PBH, I got a new set of wheels dialed in and ready to test out. Was so impressed with the TF9s for roller that I decided to pick up a second pair for ice

DSCF4520-vi.jpg

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Westside said:

Thanks to PBH, I got a new set of wheels dialed in and ready to test out. Was so impressed with the TF9s for roller that I decided to pick up a second pair for ice

Black chassis, black laces; white holder, white laces? Is that the thinking? 

2 hours ago, start_today said:

Black chassis, black laces; white holder, white laces? Is that the thinking? 

Didn’t think about it like that, but I guess. I always use white laces on ice skates and haven’t had black holders since the 90’s. For whatever reason I’ve always used black laces on inline skates. Makes it easy to see which skate is which at a quick glance if they’re in a bag/closet 

PXL-20210818-204137800.jpg

Been a long time, and I know a lot of folks didn't like these, but these were my favorite skates back in the day. Saw a pair in my size and grabbed em for outdoor skates. Brand new, still with og Millennium wheels lol

Edited by Miller55
  • Like 3

On 8/18/2021 at 4:46 PM, Miller55 said:

PXL-20210818-204137800.jpg

Been a long time, and I know a lot of folks didn't like these, but these were my favorite skates back in the day. Saw a pair in my size and grabbed em for outdoor skates. Brand new, still with og Millennium wheels lol

These with the sensor chassis were some of my favorite skates. Probably the best Tour skate of all time.

3 hours ago, the_game said:

These with the sensor chassis were some of my favorite skates. Probably the best Tour skate of all time.

Word. Was there a year that the sensors came stock on the fishbones? I seen to recall the sensor starting on the G90 or something, and the all 80s starting on the beemer. If you swapped the sensors on, then maybe you have some advice for me. I was considering mounting sprungs, but I have no idea how the Kevlar outsole will react and I don't wanna wreck these as I'm not really counting on finding another pair in this lifetime

• Like 1