Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

On 8/18/2021 at 4:46 PM, Miller55 said:

Been a long time, and I know a lot of folks didn't like these, but these were my favorite skates back in the day. Saw a pair in my size and grabbed em for outdoor skates. Brand new, still with og Millennium wheels lol

Do wheels degrade overtime? If you skate on those, will they just turn to mush, or are they still viable to play on? 

8 hours ago, start_today said:

Do wheels degrade overtime? If you skate on those, will they just turn to mush, or are they still viable to play on? 

They don't degrade and turn to mush, they are urethane, which loses its elasticity and flexibility over time. I believe these are 74a, so they are way too soft for me, but if I weighed 150 lbs and used them indoors, I'd expect them to be ok for a bit, but not as grippy as when they were new. At my weight (190) they probably would separate from the hub or crack very quickly, besides for being slow and crappy

Edited by Miller55

20210823-164612.jpg

11K helmet I picked up about a month ago and the Jetspeed Team stick came in last week.

Hopefully I'll get more than 4 weeks of use from them this season.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, nutters said:

20210823-164612.jpg

11K helmet I picked up about a month ago and the Jetspeed Team stick came in last week.

Hopefully I'll get more than 4 weeks of use from them this season.

Nice.  Have you used the stick yet? Thinking about picking exact one up

Edited by OldCY

8 hours ago, Miller55 said:

11k is a great helmet

I have high hopes for it. First helmet in a long time that I feel fits my head properly. 

4 hours ago, OldCY said:

Nice.  Have you used the stick yet? Thinking about picking exact one up

Nope, first game is the 1st. And if you live in Canada, I would suggest ordering it from hockey supremacy. On sale and includes an extra 10% discount. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, nutters said:

I have high hopes for it. First helmet in a long time that I feel fits my head properly. 

It's great, you'll love it if it fits. After the E700 it's probably the best helmet I've used in terms of fit and comfort for me. Looks pretty good too imo

Uni team was looking to make an order of gloves for the year but too many people were on the fence for model so I had to bite the bullet and get a 1 of 1 as a demo pair. Safe to say I've now got people complaining about the wait time for a second run.

ptNbzfi.jpgJup2beX.jpg

e: realize there is a separate custom glove gallery... should this be posted there?

Edited by robbjbyoung
  • Like 5

30 minutes ago, robbjbyoung said:

Uni team was looking to make an order of gloves for the year but too many people were on the fence for model so I had to bite the bullet and get a 1 of 1 as a demo pair. Safe to say I've now got people complaining about the wait time for a second run.

ptNbzfi.jpgJup2beX.jpg

e: realize there is a separate custom glove gallery... should this be posted there?

Feel free to cross-post, since that thread isn't supposed to have discussion and this one is.

Howdy,

4 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Trying out some retail skates since my custom VH are pretty old now. 1EE96073-AB4E-47E9-9F83-B5533D68FE8C.thumb.jpeg.9ee689c1fb268d53955f1050a5914224.jpeg

I'll be interested to hear how you like them!

What was the sizing like on the goalie skates?  I've seen a couple places that the "they run a size large" thing didn't translate over to the goalie skates?

Mark

3 minutes ago, marka said:

Howdy,

I'll be interested to hear how you like them!

What was the sizing like on the goalie skates?  I've seen a couple places that the "they run a size large" thing didn't translate over to the goalie skates?

Mark

Honestly, not sure. I didn't get measured for them. I just bought 8.5D and they seem to be right. At least the left foot, the right feels a bit small. But that was after a home bake. I'm going to bring them to a store to have the plastic wrap done. The left feels perfect, though. 

• Like 1

On 8/24/2021 at 9:47 AM, nutters said:

Nope, first game is the 1st. And if you live in Canada, I would suggest ordering it from hockey supremacy. On sale and includes an extra 10% discount. 

NY. Good luck. Holding out as long as possible before rink opens to take advantage of the warranty. 
just holding it does it feel well balanced?

5 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

Trying out some retail skates since my custom VH are pretty old now. 1EE96073-AB4E-47E9-9F83-B5533D68FE8C.thumb.jpeg.9ee689c1fb268d53955f1050a5914224.jpeg

I've wanted to check these out for a while, even just to see if the sizing is as wonky as the player ones but NO ONE has my size in stock around me. Annoying

On 8/20/2021 at 2:33 AM, Miller55 said:

Word. Was there a year that the sensors came stock on the fishbones? I seen to recall the sensor starting on the G90 or something, and the all 80s starting on the beemer. If you swapped the sensors on, then maybe you have some advice for me. I was considering mounting sprungs, but I have no idea how the Kevlar outsole will react and I don't wanna wreck these as I'm not really counting on finding another pair in this lifetime

That’s a long time for me to remember, but I remember seeing Fishbones, 962’s, G80’s and G90’s coming with a mix of the Redline hi-Lo frames and the sensor frames. 

6 hours ago, the_game said:

That’s a long time for me to remember, but I remember seeing Fishbones, 962’s, G80’s and G90’s coming with a mix of the Redline hi-Lo frames and the sensor frames. 

Lol definitely a lifetime ago. I only recall the blue or the red redline Hilo frames. Thanks

On 8/25/2021 at 2:42 PM, Hills said:

I've wanted to check these out for a while, even just to see if the sizing is as wonky as the player ones but NO ONE has my size in stock around me. Annoying

They seem true to size. I'm a 8.5D in most skates and the 8.5D in these was perfect. 

On 8/29/2021 at 11:17 AM, IPv6Freely said:

They seem true to size. I'm a 8.5D in most skates and the 8.5D in these was perfect. 

Any new videos of yours lately? 

On 9/1/2021 at 9:23 AM, beedee said:

Any new videos of yours lately? 

I've been posting them here and there to my YouTube, but decided I didn't want to just spam the forum with my videos all the time. 

FallFest weekend pickups

14” Ferland/Combat 52 Cal Bruins mitts

13” HoneyBaked Bauer pro team gloves

Brand new Large Franchise elbows

like new Medium HT2

Eagle player bag

UltraSonic retail Size 9 Fit 3 new

64E02435-7405-4150-A919-FD5EDC93A667.jpeg

• Like 3