Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

10 hours ago, Buzz_LightBeer said:

FallFest weekend pickups

14” Ferland/Combat 52 Cal Bruins mitts

13” HoneyBaked Bauer pro team gloves

Brand new Large Franchise elbows

like new Medium HT2

Eagle player bag

UltraSonic retail Size 9 Fit 3 new

64E02435-7405-4150-A919-FD5EDC93A667.jpeg

I have and love those Combats except the palms wore out incredibly fast. gotta send em out for repalm

58 minutes ago, nutters said:

20211027-063010.jpg

Picked up the pants on the weekend. Wish it was the girdle version, but for the price I couldn't resist!

CCM pants look like they are much better than current Bauer offerings.

Nice!

Sent these to Joe at hockey menders a while back, good work. Have another bunch of pairs by him currently

Screenshot-20220114-160721.png

Edited by Miller55

9 hours ago, Miller55 said:

Sent these to Joe at hockey menders a while back, good work. Have another bunch of pairs by him currently

How do you find the quality of his work compared to CPR for palms? And what was the turnaround time? Was thinking about sending a pair over for some AX suede palms 

On 3/3/2022 at 7:00 PM, Westside said:

How do you find the quality of his work compared to CPR for palms? And what was the turnaround time? Was thinking about sending a pair over for some AX suede palms 

It's very good. If CPR gets an A+, HM gets an A.

With regard to basic palms and gussets (which are not exactly basic and are quite challenging), pretty close to CPR quality.

(I did have a pair of gloves come back from him a while back that were not perfectly done. Palms were sewn in slightly skewed and it created a bit of a pull towards the outside. I didn't complain as I was otherwise happy with his work and I've gotten customs that have had the same issue from factory, so I just assume it is the nature of handmade products. So far there not an issue).

HM cannot do the cuff mods, adjustment of palm sizing (wide, narrow, changing fit, etc), repairs, pinky stripe, embroidery etc that Pat can do. The only thing he will do is cut down an existing cuff, which I've had him do and his work is functional but not exactly clean.

His gusset material options are more or less the same, and he's fine adjusting or modifying gussets.

His palm material options are pretty good, although he told me that he's planning to stop carrying pearl mustang, which is what I use most of the time (got the cream deer just cuz it matched the existing gussets well and I wanted to try it). 

I basically keep my gloves in two categories-

1- are gloves that need to wait for Pat, either because I want mods that only Pat can do, or because they're rare enough that I only trust Pat with them. (Looks like gloves that need pearl palms are going to be in this category now too, which is about 10 pairs and counting lol).

2- are gloves that have already been modded by Pat or are fine the way they are, and just need a repalm. Those go to Hockey Menders. 

Edited by Miller55
Typo
  • Like 1

Wanted to try retail Bauers. Nothing will be more comfortable than my custom Trues but wanted to see how retail skates wee these days. All I can say is CCM just doesn't work for me. Previous to my Trues I wore one100s for 7 years... Have I come full circle???

qvkJVnR.jpeg

• Like 1

On 3/5/2022 at 1:05 AM, Sniper9 said:

Wanted to try retail Bauers. Nothing will be more comfortable than my custom Trues but wanted to see how retail skates wee these days. All I can say is CCM just doesn't work for me. Previous to my Trues I wore one100s for 7 years... Have I come full circle???

Did you buy them, or just try them on, or borrow someone’s to try?

1 hour ago, start_today said:

Did you buy them, or just try them on, or borrow someone’s to try?

I bought them but ended up returning them. They felt pretty decent overall for a retail skate. Heel lock was there. And overall just a bit of rubbing in the left pinky that I think would've gone away over time or a second bake. 

17 hours ago, Miller55 said:

They're nice but I would have waited for the Mach. Nicer looking skates and they look basically the same

I thought of this or at least get this on discount when the machs come out but I got these at 25% off. I really don't think the technology of the machs will be any diff than the ultrasonics except the tongue from the pictures Ive seen. 

I actually ended up returning these because the right skate felt really off in terms of the edge. At first I thought the right boots edge was sharpened bad bc my inside edge seemed super dull but outside bit so hard. Left skate was fine. I swapped the steel from left and right skate and still had the same issue. Not sure if it's a holder mount./ Alignment issue on the right skate but I wasn't going to spend time trying to figure the issue out. So ya. Back to my tried and trusted trues. 

I think I'll see how the catalyst skates are and maybe get scanned for those. 

• Like 1

My haul from the Worcester Railers equipment sale. Plus got a couple pairs of the third jersey socks. Gloves are 13” coverts. Definitely need to get them cleaned. 

57AD139A-2DAF-4C15-B371-76A63968B5BC.jpeg

5CEC11B7-AFE9-4099-98DF-4FF99437104E.jpeg

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Steve_v3 said:

My haul from the Worcester Railers equipment sale. Plus got a couple pairs of the third jersey socks. Gloves are 13” coverts. Definitely need to get them cleaned. 

57AD139A-2DAF-4C15-B371-76A63968B5BC.jpeg

5CEC11B7-AFE9-4099-98DF-4FF99437104E.jpeg

Nice haul! Totally didn't know this was happening. I definitely would have swung by.

• Like 1

Just got my old retail Easton Z-Air gloves repalmed. SkateTech did them. I did Nash and digital heel. 

B7D3C971-C572-49ED-8FF2-FFF07B6075F0.jpeg

Edited by Steve_v3
  • Like 7

So, it’s light, I’ll give it that. But I don’t see any major weight or construction differences compared to a HyperLight. At first inspection it appeared the elliptical taper started higher up the shaft but only slightly. Also the lower third to half of the shaft has no grip. Not sure it’s enough to justify the price hike, but I haven’t tried it yet. 

graphically Bauer knocked it out of the park, the stick looks great. Interested to see how it looks on TV, I’m sure that’ll be the real determining factor. 

9EA3D36D-EBDA-4E8C-A3D0-DFF25A2509B8.jpeg

385275F5-1401-4736-B983-957D7B18FD0E.jpeg

2520F5AC-14A6-4A46-BFF7-A5EB7415D64B.jpeg

• Like 3

First post on mod squad! Just finished getting rid of the red on my FT4 Pro's with some leftover carbon wrap - curious what you guys think?

fvoTg9k.jpeg

rvJOO8d.jpeg

Edited by WhaleTail57
  • Like 7

23 hours ago, WhaleTail57 said:

First post on mod squad! Just finished getting rid of the red on my FT4 Pro's with some leftover carbon wrap - curious what you guys think?

That looks awesome!  Link to carbon wrap?  I love my FT4 Pro's but HATE the red, wish they were all black but don't want to try the nail polish remover/paint stripper method.