Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

On 10/22/2022 at 11:34 AM, xstartxtodayx said:

That looks awesome!  Link to carbon wrap?  I love my FT4 Pro's but HATE the red, wish they were all black but don't want to try the nail polish remover/paint stripper method.

Same! I did a test w/ nail polish and didn't care for the initial results. 

I used THIS wrap. As for my process I created a template with basic white making tape to cover the red on the boot then traced it with a sharpie. Carefully pull off the tape and stick it flat on top of the wrap, trim w/ utility blade and apply to boot with a little heat where necessary. I made my template slightly larger after first test cut just to make it easier to cover the red. As for the tendon - I just hit it with an industrial sharpie. We'll see how well it all holds up!

Edited by WhaleTail57
  • Like 1

I wouldn't mind a *small* CCM logo on the side of the boot, but wow, that looks fantastic! Wish boots would go back to more subtle looks vs the flash that every company has been putting out the last few seasons

On 10/21/2022 at 11:51 AM, WhaleTail57 said:

First post on mod squad! Just finished getting rid of the red on my FT4 Pro's with some leftover carbon wrap - curious what you guys think?

fvoTg9k.jpeg

rvJOO8d.jpeg

Welcome to the group. The skates look nice. You don't really have this kind of understated look these days.

Decided to order a new RX3 stick after I couldn't find the extensions for it, and realized I shouldn't be cutting my sticks.

Looks like Sherwood took @Hills advice from his pro stock Code V video as I picked up team stock (large selection) VGK gloves at Rousseau. 

20230618-124630.jpg

Edited by nutters
  • Like 2

Pro stock Warrior Alpha LX2 Pro, dressed as Covert QR5 Pro. Really like the black & white scheme here, and the [basketball?] grip is really nice. Curve looks to be somewhere in between a P88 and P46, possibly? Has more heel and a deeper pocket than the P88, and a tad more open throughout the blade, but not as deep as a W71 or P46 (from what I remember).

20230625_132710.jpg

20230625_132010.jpg

20230625_132645.jpg

20230625_131204.jpg

Edited by birky

I'm currently in Cat Pros and am happy with them, but really wanted to try the new FT6 Pros. Met up with Flooded Customs from IG who designed a wrap inspired by the black option CCM offers through their custom program, but with the last gen logo. I think they turned out awesome and I look forward to testing the skates out! Wish more skates were made to look as subtle as this off the shelf

DSCF7227-vi.jpg

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Westside said:

I'm currently in Cat Pros and am happy with them, but really wanted to try the new FT6 Pros. Met up with Flooded Customs from IG who designed a wrap inspired by the black option CCM offers through their custom program, but with the last gen logo. I think they turned out awesome and I look forward to testing the skates out! Wish more skates were made to look as subtle as this off the shelf

DSCF7227-vi.jpg

These look fantastic. Flooded does some awesome stuff. 

• Like 2

On 7/7/2023 at 6:05 PM, Westside said:

DSCF7227-vi.jpg

That dude is the absolute best. He sent me a care package of designs a while back that are just awesome. 

• Like 1

On 6/25/2023 at 7:36 PM, birky said:

Pro stock Warrior Alpha LX2 Pro, dressed as Covert QR5 Pro. Really like the black & white scheme here, and the [basketball?] grip is really nice. Curve looks to be somewhere in between a P88 and P46, possibly? Has more heel and a deeper pocket than the P88, and a tad more open throughout the blade, but not as deep as a W71 or P46 (from what I remember).

20230625_132710.jpg

20230625_132010.jpg

20230625_132645.jpg

20230625_131204.jpg

Looks like a P46. What about the blade face?

On 7/7/2023 at 6:05 PM, Westside said:

DSCF7227-vi.jpg

How durable is the skin and what did it cost?  They look just like my 100K Pro's, which i love bc of how subtle the graphics are on such a great skate.  I'd actually like to get a skin made if they are durable that looks just like the original graphics of the 100k Pro's as mine are getting very beat up.  

3 hours ago, noupf said:

How durable is the skin and what did it cost?  They look just like my 100K Pro's, which i love bc of how subtle the graphics are on such a great skate.  I'd actually like to get a skin made if they are durable that looks just like the original graphics of the 100k Pro's as mine are getting very beat up.  

It’s made of the same material that True uses on the Catalyst Pro skates, which is similar to helicopter tape or real thick clear bra. I’d say it’s pretty durable based on my experience with Trues. Cost you’d want to reach out to Flooded Customs since he’s the one that makes them. 

On 8/15/2023 at 5:32 PM, Westside said:

It’s made of the same material that True uses on the Catalyst Pro skates, which is similar to helicopter tape or real thick clear bra. I’d say it’s pretty durable based on my experience with Trues. Cost you’d want to reach out to Flooded Customs since he’s the one that makes them. 

Any idea if the guy is still in business?  I reached out via the form on their website and sent a facebook message and never received a response from either avenue

2 hours ago, noupf said:

Any idea if the guy is still in business?  I reached out via the form on their website and sent a facebook message and never received a response from either avenue

Dunno. Didn’t even know he had a website or Facebook page. Try IG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Westside said:

Dunno. Didn’t even know he had a website or Facebook page. Try IG

Got a response on IG, thanks.   Curious if you have been using these at all and how they hold up over time playing in games and such

Brand new Tackla Air 1051 gloves straight from their site's outlet sale. At around 40 USD I just couldn't resist 😄

Some curious design choices around the palms (holes and "air vents") but a pretty good feeling glove. Especially for the price.

p.jpeg

p.jpeg

p.jpeg

Edited by tvuollo
fix typo