Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

i was just wondering if roller hockey is as intense as ice. i play ice and i always wondered if there is as much hitting in roller hockey as there is in ice?

equipment4er.jpg

My in-line stuff that anyone might care to see. Sticks are up as well, easier to take a picture of. Nothing else really major for me, I have my Graf w/ Lightspeeds up in another topic.

Got these tonight during my C League game (yeah I suck)....

I wouldn't say you suck! You were in pretty good position for that shot.. but man your D man threaded that pass quite nicely.

I've kind of always wondered how the leagues matched up regionally (ie, what someone's C league team is like against someone else's etc.). I will say this, if guys were standing around like they were in those vids in our adult C.. they'd get absolutely slaughtered...

of course our leagues are all screwey because we have players that play in national tourneys in Narch, TORHS and CRHL in our c and d league adult leagues :unsure:

Gek,

Thanks man, It's good to hear words of encouragement once in a while. I've been playing for a year now (never skated before that) and am trying my hardest to improve my game.

But yes, you're right. Alot of people just stand around. The team we played there is the "Red Team". They're 0-4 and have only scored 4 total goals this season.

My team is 2-2 and have scored a total of 26 goals :)

Anyway, I'm the second youngest player on my team @ 22yo. MOST players in my C League are in their 30's or older.

Anyway, I'm the second youngest player on my team @ 22yo. MOST players in my C League are in their 30's or older.

Hey, what are you sayin there? That us guys in our 30's stand around?! Because I'll tell you one thing... it's all TRUE! ;)

Actually, typically it feels like you're flying so fast in a game but when you see it on video it's like it's in slow motion. Just recently our teammate had his fiancee tape a game of ours (which we didn't know about) and he brought a dvd of it to the game. It looked like we were all skating in syrup! I also realized that in inline my technique seems to be "skate like you have a broomstick down your pantsleg" because I don't think I saw my knees bend once (which is the opposite when I play ice).

You look pretty decent for only playing a year!

boy, 0-4 with 4 goals for? That's brutal.. that'll get pretty old after a while (and yeah, I've been there).

Yeah, I found myself skating more upright that game. I don't normally do that...I guess I got lazy.

And the Red team, yeah I dunno what their problem is. They won the championship last year. Same players too. An obvious scoring problem.

We play them AGAIN next week :) :) :) :)

PS: Nothing against you older fellas. Our captain is 27 and is one hell of a player (#54).

Is it you in your avatar jnicklo, if it's you, you seem to be pretty strong on your skates for a new player.

Keep it up....

Yes, thats me.

But you guys are complimenting me without SEEING me play. I'll let you in on a secret....I can BARELY stop. On Ice I can't stop AT ALL.

Either way, I'm trying my best and having a ton of fun while doing it! :)

Stopping can be difficult on blades. It seems like your willing to get out on the court for extra practice time. Just keep at it, listen to suggestions and try to watch some of the better players to see what gives them their edge.

Yeah i've been lucky enough to learn alot of stuff from my teammates.

Couple of them played for their colleges (one for FSU and one for Penn State). I'm also taking Ice Hockey lessons on Saturday nights now. In fact, I met up with a member here (Accord) this past Saturday night @ the clinic.

Me playing in Narch Summers '04

Nice! Someone that still uses the old mission injection gloves, those were great IMO.

man i love those mission gloves

i was just wondering if roller hockey is as intense as ice. i play ice and i always wondered if there is as much hitting in roller hockey as there is in ice?

Roller hockey here is UBER lax. Ice time is very cheap, so roller hockey is looked at more of a fun off season conditioning thing to keep you busy in the spring time after playoffs and before all the camps.

Me playing in Narch Summers '04

Nice! Someone that still uses the old mission injection gloves, those were great IMO.

man i love those mission gloves

hell, i'm still rockin' them too. i went back to them from my response gloves. i think injections have one of the best range of motion of any glove. and the look pretty sweet too (especially the black/red/silver one's). if they had plastic inserts they'd be incredible.