Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Yep, just a little bit deeper knee bend and your golden. You look like a Milan Hejduk clone with that helmet on. :D Any previous skating experience beforehand?

Can you list off the skates you have there?

Nike Ignite 1

Bauer Impact 200 :rolleyes:

Nike Quest V-Force

Bauer Vapor 10- Inline

Nike Hi-Ho silver-Inline

And there are more in my garage.

Those eagle's are unreal.

If I do say so myself, yes they are pretty sweet :D

I've just been wonderin, what do roller hockey players who wear exclusively roller hockey made skates think of guys who get ice skates and convert them to inline? Is there any bad blood because maybe the roller guys think the peple with converted skates are rich or somethin?

how much does that cost? a lot?? cuz i was looking to convert my vectors to inline...if it costs a lot, maybe people would think so...

I've used about equally ice boots converted...and inline only boots. Lately I've just been using roller made skates though. With most companies you get just as good quality, as before you'd pretty much have to frankenstein a skate to get quality close to what you'd get in a top ice boot. All that being said, after my he950s go, probably after the summer, I'm looking at a few options with ice boots.

I love my V-12's that I converted to inline.....I like the fact that ice boots are more durable, and just as light if not possibly lighter

Edited by kovalchuk71

how much does that cost? a lot?? cuz i was looking to convert my vectors to inline...if it costs a lot, maybe people would think so...

I paid $25 cdn for the labour and rivots. I had the boot and Chassis

My LHS converts them ice to roller and vice versa for bout $40 cnd.You need all your own parts though.

ahh i see...yeah i was looking at some chassis i saw...and then ill ask my LHS how much itll cost. thanks

ahh i see...yeah i was looking at some chassis i saw...and then ill ask my LHS how much itll cost. thanks

Just be sure to check around, 'cause I've noticed around nj/pa the price differs from one shop to another. Though if you trust your LHS' work, pay the extra few bucks. Nothing's worse than a badly mounted roller chassis on an ice boot, 'cause if you have to remount it you're going into a third set of holes.

Great Pic eugeall.......Your doin it perfect :)

Sherwood, is St. Andrews High school? Damn, you guys all match :ph34r:

It's High School. I'm in Gr. 8 so I am going into High School next year, and yea. CCM sponsored St. Andrew's, so they get Pro Tacks gloves, pants, those helmets, shins, elbows, etc all for discounted price. I believe actually they get the gloves and lids for 'free'.

Ranger 8, I put tape on my holders because I'm just a gomer like that ;)

The tape on the holders thing, a kid I used to play with did that. He said it was something his dad did when he was really young and he just kept doing it. I've learned hockey players, myself included, are probably the most superstitious out of all sports I've played.

I've just been wonderin, what do roller hockey players who wear exclusively roller hockey made skates think of guys who get ice skates and convert them to inline? Is there any bad blood because maybe the roller guys think the peple with converted skates are rich or somethin?

I think it'd be dumb to have any bad blood over that. Seriously though, alot of the stuff coming out of the major manufacturers is really good stuff anymore, but alot of people still do conversions due to brand preference. Bauer no longer makes the Supreme in an inline format, and I see alot of people using those as conversion skates. You can actually build skates for about the same price as pre-packaged.

Just be sure to check around, 'cause I've noticed around nj/pa the price differs from one shop to another. Though if you trust your LHS' work, pay the extra few bucks. Nothing's worse than a badly mounted roller chassis on an ice boot, 'cause if you have to remount it you're going into a third set of holes.

Okay I will be sure to, thanks

I think it'd be dumb to have any bad blood over that. Seriously though, alot of the stuff coming out of the major manufacturers is really good stuff anymore, but alot of people still do conversions due to brand preference. Bauer no longer makes the Supreme in an inline format, and I see alot of people using those as conversion skates. You can actually build skates for about the same price as pre-packaged.

Yeah, that's mainly why a lot of the guys I play with do ice boots for inline anymore, brand loyalty. I have two guys I play with most of the year and all the one will wear is 705s and the other will only wear vapors. A lot of it used to be guys that played both wanted the same fit and feel in their boot no matter what they were playing.

i have no probelm with ice boots on roller chassis. A lot of my friends have ice boot setups. Most of them choose ice boots for their stiffness. My best friend has wacky feet, and can't wear anything but bauer, so his is brand preference...

If i didn't love thee 950's so much, i would be on a custom ice boot setup myself, I don't really like anything else on the market for roller...

Sherwood21 your gunna be playing for a hell of a team next year. SAC always does well. Last year they won the St. Mikes invatational, my HS team played them and we could barley keep up (mind you for a public school we did better than most). All I know is that your gunna be in for some sweet hockey. Have fun.