Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

My current gear.

Really necessary to have two top of the line skates.... :D

But, people are interested in different things.

gear1.jpg

wow, you have a nice hockey budget, those two pairs of skates would cost me 1600$ in Canada...

oh my bad, i meant from the right. The orange one.

Thats an Easton 777comp.

From 2005.. (??)

Comparable to Synergy 300, weighs 530 grams, and i´m very pleased with that stick. :)

My current gear.

gear1.jpg

wow, you have a nice hockey budget, those two pairs of skates would cost me 1600$ in Canada...

I´m not good at counting from swedish crowns to Canada dollars, but in sweden these cost about 5000 SEK each, that would be about 690 USD.

Well, I have a job but no kids... :D

My current gear.

gear1.jpg

I´m not good at counting from swedish crowns to Canada dollars, but in sweden these cost about 5000 SEK each, that would be about 690 USD.

i have the money but i refuse to pay that much for these, i just can't do it, 400 is where i drew the line...

My current gear.

gear1.jpg

i have the money but i refuse to pay that much for these, i just can't do it, 400 is where i drew the line...

I can understand you.......

But especially skates, i feel the difference.

Even sold my great Bauer Vapor XIX, because I felt that I needed only One90 and Synergy 1500.

My latest thing is an Easton Stealth CNT.

I think thats less understandable, because it is gonna break some day.

The skates is double price but will last for years. :)

It looks like whoever is sharpening your One90s is ruining the toes of the steel completely.

How do you know that? Just being curious.

It looks like whoever is sharpening your One90s is ruining the toes of the steel completely.

Also, Diesel where did you pick up that Dolo??

Are you talking about mine? Coz i think i am the only one who posted one 90 pic on this page.

Correct :D Plus shopping on the internet makes life easier B)

Edited by hockeyfreak999

My current gear.

I can understand you.......

But especially skates, i feel the difference.

Even sold my great Bauer Vapor XIX, because I felt that I needed only One90 and Synergy 1500.

My latest thing is an Easton Stealth CNT.

I think thats less understandable, because it is gonna break some day.

The skates is double price but will last for years. :)

I hear you, I see a big difference between mid level and top level, it's just that I was using 703's for like 8 years (Swiss versions) the like 2 years ago, I had to replace em (Canada Version now) the quality of the skates where way below what i was accustom to, 3 pairs in 8 years, i know what to expect...

Those where always 400$, now a day's I try to spend my money on Mission because they helped me out with a defective pair of Grafs, they usually sell for 450 but I have someone that can get them for 400$ if i had to get a pair of anything, I would scoop them up on sale...

at the prices the skates are now, i would need a test run to see what they feel like on ice... since i stop wearing grafs, i've never felt great in skates so i don't see the value but i won't go back to that brand because they don't deserve my money..

seeing this stuff get way out of control with prices, i set prices for myself

160 for sticks, 400 for skates, at the end of seasons, they are all at that price, Steaths, Vapor skates, Vector skates, last year i purchased 20 Steath sticks from hockeymonkey, 150 each, still got half and i sold a couple

Edited by djinferno

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l188/B-N...Winter07009.jpg

No top of the line stuff in here - my budget for gear has to split between music, hockey, golf, and softball - and that's after the wife and kids are through with the paycheque. :o

I just got my Vectors back from the lift-job, and have decided I will, in fact, be changing them. I don't care if I had trouble with my old ones, I am going back to Mission - they fit better than anything else I have tried.

Pretty much everything there was bought at clearance price - I snoop around a lot of LHS's in the Montreal area when the wife isn't looking, and pick up pretty good deals from time to time - I got those V-14 elbows for $50 new, the TPS for $150 CAD - I had 2 but I traded one for another AK27 which is en route. My favorite has to be either my gloves or my helmet - 55oo with the yellow Oakley - that thing is sweet. I got those X-70's for $135 CAD at Frasers, and was happy about that find as well.

Tossed my old jersey in for kicks - I wouldn't fit in that without gear on anymore - lol.

Edited by B-Nads

b-nads, did you modify your v-14 elbow pads?

Yah - I cut the bicep off because it was really high, and tangles with the bicep on my shoulder pads. I had it on there for most of the season because I couldn't find any shoulder pads around here in XXL, and ended up cutting my 652's apart to make them bigger - at that point, it was easier to go with the biceps left off the shoulder pads and use the ones on the elbow pads. Since switching to a more competitive, and dirtier league, I am happy to have snagged a good pair of XXL shoulders off DamnLocust on here and they fit well with the bicep pads, so I butchered the elbow pads.

seeing that you use a xxl shoulder pad, what size are your v-14 elbows. im looking for a pair elbows and i was told the v-14 are a good fit for a bigger guy like myself lol

seeing that you use a xxl shoulder pad, what size are your v-14 elbows. im looking for a pair elbows and i was told the v-14 are a good fit for a bigger guy like myself lol

I got mine in Large, and they fit very well. I was looking at the NBH 8000's that were on sale for the same price as these, but these fit larger and had more mobility. I've got no complaints whatsoever with them, and at 6'3, 230 I ain't small. :rolleyes: