Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Thanks fellas! Considering I've had the same pair of Supreme 1000's for the last 6 years (which I still love dearly), I think I was due for a step up. I'll get a few years outta them for sure.

isnt it inasne how stiff the boots are? I saw a few at just hockey in toronto, and the boots felt like they were made with cement!

Yeah man, much stiffer than I expected. A whole new world compared to the old 1000's, haha. I didn't realize how soft my old boots were until I pulled the G35's on. I can't wait to get 'em baked and give 'em a go.

Yeah man, much stiffer than I expected. A whole new world compared to the old 1000's, haha. I didn't realize how soft my old boots were until I pulled the G35's on. I can't wait to get 'em baked and give 'em a go.

They're a totally different skate than the Bauers. I just moved from an old pair of 5000's to G5's. The low cut felt strange at first, but after 15 minutes they felt great.

Those certainly are custom...the Ultra G35 tongues with the Tuuk holders. Nice skates and enjoy them.

Thanks brother. The tongue is super thick, that's the first thing I noticed when I put them on. The feel of the boot is totally different, especially with the lower cut as you've mentioned. My heel locks in much better than with the Bauers...I can only imagine how nice it's gonna be once their beat in a bit.

Here are my custom blades i order from sher-wood the curve is a from a prostock synergy HULM.

IMG_1420.jpg

IMG_1418.jpg

IMG_1417.jpg

Looks exactly like a prostock I wanna get done...cept the lie looks a tad high.

Sent you a PM.

hmm thats cool.. yeah I measured it across the visor took me a couple hours to get everything perfect since its curved and to get it perfect and then I cut it with a band saw.

Did you need to polish your edges at all? And you got a pic of the 690..wanna see that angle of the visor you mentioned.

A very nice looking pair of skates indeed. Since they are customs, they are probably one or two levels stiffer than retail. I bet they'll last you a decade at the least. ;)

Keep us updated...

Beyond stoked! Gotta wait a couple weeks before I get to try 'em though, which is gonna kill me. All I've ever skated on were Customs, so instead of making an attempt of adjusting to the pitch and stiffness of the Cobras I just asked if they'd swap 'em out for the sake of the ease of transition into a new skate (and to make 'em look about 349,058,484,394 times hotter.)

Judging by the amount of time that the $150 Supreme 1000's, I'd give G35's a lifespan of about 30 years at least :D

Hope you enjoy them.. Graf makes a good skate even though the company has been much maligned on here...Mainly due to customer service issues. I tried those on once and thought they were nice, a tad bit too stiff for me, but a nice, well designed and thought out boot.

A very nice looking pair of skates indeed. Since they are customs, they are probably one or two levels stiffer than retail. I bet they'll last you a decade at the least. ;)

Keep us updated...

I'm pretty sure Graf retail is the same stiffness as custom...Graf seems to operate under a different philosophy than Nike/Bauer and Rbk when it comes to their skates...Other than custom tongues/holders, I believe what the pros wear when it comes to boot construction, you can get retail...I could be wrong, but that is my understanding.

I was a little unsure about going with Graf just because of their aforementioned customer service issues, as well as the couple of cases of mis-mounted holders. But I figured I'd take a chance and get a skate that I knew I'd like then deal with those problems if they were to occur. It is a really well designed skate though, how those design elements translate to on-ice perfomance is another matter...time will tell.

hmm thats cool.. yeah I measured it across the visor took me a couple hours to get everything perfect since its curved and to get it perfect and then I cut it with a band saw.

Did you need to polish your edges at all? And you got a pic of the 690..wanna see that angle of the visor you mentioned.

I just got one of my files down and softened the edges and then I used my air sander to get them smooth enough. heres my 690 if you need a better pic pm me..

Jofa.jpg

I was a little unsure about going with Graf just because of their aforementioned customer service issues, as well as the couple of cases of mis-mounted holders. But I figured I'd take a chance and get a skate that I knew I'd like then deal with those problems if they were to occur. It is a really well designed skate though, how those design elements translate to on-ice perfomance is another matter...time will tell.

Nike/Bauer has had some troubles with mis-mounted holders as well. Seems to be a common production mistake. Perhaps due to non-Canadians mounting the holders on the skate..New trainees at the sweatshop err factory.

Those graf's with the blacks tuuk's are absolutely gorgeous.

Because the better the skates look the faster you go :P

I just got one of my files down and softened the edges and then I used my air sander to get them smooth enough. heres my 690 if you need a better pic pm me..

Jofa.jpg

What's an air sander?

Those graf's with the blacks tuuk's are absolutely gorgeous.

Because the better the skates look the faster you go :P

Jofa.jpg

What's an air sander?

its an air-powered tool that uses air to power whatever tool head you have on it so I used a small disk to cut off a old rusted screw on my helmet and then I used a small snad paper disk to sand the edges down to make it smooth

This is how they looked before the black Custom+'s...

g35graf-kolanos.jpg

I was going to mention earlier that it looked like the sole on your boots was also from the Ultra series...the above pic confirms that. It looks like you have an Ultra G35 skate with the G35 boot. Compare your sole to this pic of mine.

dsc00408ub8.jpg

Got Bored so I decided to dye my holders

LightspeedDye.jpg

Is it just me or do those holders look too small for that boot?

I think they are, those are old LS1 holders, all vapor xxx came with LS2's so those are either pro stocks or someone had swapped out the holder.

LightspeedDye.jpg

I think they are, those are old LS1 holders, all vapor xxx came with LS2's so those are either pro stocks or someone had swapped out the holder.

Yeah they're way too short at the toe

I was going to mention earlier that it looked like the sole on your boots was also from the Ultra series...the above pic confirms that. It looks like you have an Ultra G35 skate with the G35 boot. Compare your sole to this pic of mine.

for the record, that outsole has made its way onto the 7 series skates as well. One teammate has it on his 703s, another on his 735s. They switched to it fairly recently, as far as i can tell.

LightspeedDye.jpg

Yeah they're way too short at the toe

they are 263 holders on a 7 3/4 skate i know this because he lives aroudn the corner and i was the one who had to mismount the holders to dye them and i alwasy thought its was 272 for that size and its LS2 and they are prostock so that mite be it.