Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Sounds like a great program. Kudos to whomever came up with it.

The idea was kicking around for a while. JR and I fleshed it out over a few phone calls and IM sessions last fall/winter.

sorry for the double post, forgot to add on something before I hit the update button

Talking about climate, I've had different experiences with playing in different climates. Used to play in Singapore, which had really high humidity and mid 90s year round. Now in Australia, where you've got the seasons, and the humidity is really dry.

More grip here in Australia, or maybe its just me...

It's part of a new program that we pitched to the manufacturers at the trade show in Vegas. There will be more of these to come.

Before the rush starts, we'll let you know if you're selected for the program there's no need to ask us. We will be attempting to place products with the appropriate members, depending on their skills and level of products used.

Sounds like what HG/Gear did with the stics/blades back in the CB era.

Ballistik 45 Caliber mid curve, just arrived today, I am doing a long term review on it (see ops review section)

I was looking at their stuff a while back and wasn't too excited about the $200 Canadian and shipping, etc. Did you buy it directly off their site or is there some where else...possibly cheaper?

It's part of a new program that we pitched to the manufacturers at the trade show in Vegas. There will be more of these to come.

Before the rush starts, we'll let you know if you're selected for the program there's no need to ask us. We will be attempting to place products with the appropriate members, depending on their skills and level of products used.

Well, you be sure to let me know if you need any 85-90 flex Drury type curve sticks tested by an all around crappy player like myself. ;)

That's a very good idea if you can get companies to buy into it. You guys have to make sure to put the products in the right hands so you won't get biased opinions. I hope this means more reviews from less popular companies, as I personally like having good quality products that no one else has.

That's a very good idea if you can get companies to buy into it. You guys have to make sure to put the products in the right hands so you won't get biased opinions. I hope this means more reviews from less popular companies, as I personally like having good quality products that no one else has.

I hope more companies do this with their mid level gear.

Not all of us can justify the high end skates, due either to price, or skill level.

Thats why I initally done a review of my Supreme 30 skates, because I'm sure there are more like me, getting into the sport, and would like opinions on the gear they are likely going to use now, not in 5 years when they are better

it does sound like a great way for some of these smaller companies to start getting some recognition and build up some good reviews and reputations. i like it. nice idea guys.

The question is, what companies (besides Ballistik) has signed on for this new program?

You'll find out when you see the topics. EVERYONE was given the opportunity to participate.

Will members under 18 be able to participate?

Do you really HAVE to know? Either you'll be asked to test a product or you won't be - its at the discretion of the Mods. Simmer down and wait/hope for word that you've been chosen to participate...just don't hold your breath; there are a LOT of members on this site, and I assume there is a (relatively speaking) very small amount of gear being sent out.

Edited by LkptTiger

I think everyone would like to be on that, me included... but even if it isnt me, at least I can benefit from the reviews. I doubt if I'll be on that list, cause shipping would make it uneconomical... then again you never know! ;)

Do you really HAVE to know? Either you'll be asked to test a product or you won't be - its at the discretion of the Mods. Simmer down and wait/hope for word that you've been chosen to participate...just don't hold your breath; there are a LOT of members on this site, and I assume there is a (relatively speaking) very small amount of gear being sent out.

More stuff is on the way. ;)

If you want to make sure you have a chance to be selected, make sure your state/province is named in your profile. We want to make sure that we cover all areas and some smaller manufacturers want to support the areas where they have the largest numbers of dealers.

If you want to make sure you have a chance to be selected, make sure your state/province is named in your profile. We want to make sure that we cover all areas and some smaller manufacturers want to support the areas where they have the largest numbers of dealers.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to get product to places where manufacturers have little dealer representation? Couldn't that possibly help build a rep in the areas and lead to more representation?

Just my $.02

Wouldn't it be a good idea to get product to places where manufacturers have little dealer representation? Couldn't that possibly help build a rep in the areas and lead to more representation?

Just my $.02

I'm sure they considered that as well. I'd really prefer for this to not go completely off topic here.

I'll ask for an explanation on the Vagina stick before anyone else does. What the hell? haha

Haha I get that all the time. It's Svacina, but the grip cut the S out.