Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

yeah white skates get some players all excited...lol. Style over substance... but those are good skates for someone who likes a soft boot.

I Can't skate on a LS2. Terrible, I know.

I am loving those skates. I don't normally like white on any boot, but those are damn sexy. By the way...nice pillow you've got there in the third picture...

One of the guys who works in the shop with me lives by the mantra "You look good, you feel good; you feel good, you play good." As an English major, part of me dies a little bit inside each time he says it, but it rings true for a lot of players - myself included. I've spent a lot of time shopping for shirts, ties, pants, belts, shoes, jackets, etc. to wear to games, and take a lot of time preparing before I go to the rink (shave before every game - even if there's nothing there...and it can take a long time getting the flow to look right). If I get to the rink feeling and looking fresh, it gives me a little more bounce to my step.

Same goes for equipment - which I keep as clean and good-looking as possible. It might be partially due to some sort of obsessive compulsion, but I go through a lot to keep my stuff looking and feeling the way I like it. I'm not going to go into specifics concerning my equipment "upkeep" habits - I'll just tell you that they're quite extensive.

I wouldn't necessarily say "style over substance," as I definitely value the fit and performance of a piece of equipment over it's appearance - but it doesn't hurt if something looks good, too.

One of the guys who works in the shop with me lives by the mantra "You look good, you feel good; you feel good, you play good." As an English major, part of me dies a little bit inside each time he says it, but it rings true for a lot of players - myself included. I've spent a lot of time shopping for shirts, ties, pants, belts, shoes, jackets, etc. to wear to games, and take a lot of time preparing before I go to the rink (shave before every game - even if there's nothing there...and it can take a long time getting the flow to look right). If I get to the rink feeling and looking fresh, it gives me a little more bounce to my step.

Same goes for equipment - which I keep as clean and good-looking as possible. It might be partially due to some sort of obsessive compulsion, but I go through a lot to keep my stuff looking and feeling the way I like it. I'm not going to go into specifics concerning my equipment "upkeep" habits - I'll just tell you that they're quite extensive.

I wouldn't necessarily say "style over substance," as I definitely value the fit and performance of a piece of equipment over it's appearance - but it doesn't hurt if something looks good, too.

I agree....I tend to have great games when I am playing with new gear. And...I think that the "feeling good" will have a lot to do with playing good. If style leads to feeling good...I'm all for that.

Can't do the shave before a skate though....sweats stings and burns too much on a fresh "cut" *L*

I hear you.

I have these 2 players on my team that have all the talent in the world but look like bums. Scruffy..spray-painted sticks that are chipping...beat up gloves... just.... :o

Im obsessed. I know, it's a problem.. Isn't that the 1st step?? lol

A combination of good shaving cream, a Fusion Power razor and some nice, soothing lotion keeps those problems to a minimum, Radio.

That and a general lack of facial hair. I'm young yet, and it's really not coming in too thick - I get a bit of the teenage "goatee," some stuff under my jawline, and some crustache which I definitely have to stay on top of. Aside from that, there's not much that requires enough pressure to do any damage to the upper layers of skin. ;)

A combination of good shaving cream, a Fusion Power razor and some nice, soothing lotion keeps those problems to a minimum, Radio.

That and a general lack of facial hair. I'm young yet, and it's really not coming in too thick - I get a bit of the teenage "goatee," some stuff under my jawline, and some crustache which I definitely have to stay on top of. Aside from that, there's not much that requires enough pressure to do any damage to the upper layers of skin. ;)

I prefer the scruffy look, makes me feel tougher :lol:

those skates look good by the way

My "scruffy look" is something straight-out of the trailer park. I might be able to pull off a goatee-of-sorts, sideburns, too - but I figure it best to shave it all.

Not that I have a choice. Facial hair on Abercrombie & Fitch employees is forbidden...lol.

my last two pairs of skates where white. the white pumps and now my white tacks...mainly a coincidence a good one at that cause i like white. if i didnt get the tacks it woulda been a pair of graf 735 graphites. which woulda killed my wallet and are probably one of the ugliest looking skates in my opinion.

*PIC* graf 502 se's

go ahead. rip me a new one.

i really like the skate and idk if its just me but i dont like the look of the cobras on there...but then again, ive always skated on and liked tuuks...

keep messin with my pillow.

I'll suffocate you with it.. haha.. ahahah .... *looks around*

yeah, t blade were default.... but i put on a cobra... felt better but then i got G3's for $200.00.. brand new.

And i sold these for $250.00.

Changed my Holder from ccm epro to LS2 and i really like the difference.And of course i am a blue maniac so the holder got blue!remember i use the atlanta trasher blue shirt so it match.

sany0008oc1.jpg

I think those 9Ks would look have looked better with a black holder, but of course that's just my opinion... It's different and most importantly you like them!

I think those 9Ks would look have looked better with a black holder, but of course that's just my opinion... It's different and most importantly you like them!

black holders are hard enough to find unless u wanna buy totalhockey's PMS ones :lol:

This is what special color holder gives you.And i do understand its either you like them or you dont.Trus that white holder would have been great but i done the blue holder before i saw the final product here.

No biggy its only a holder :P but i do get the look from time to time.

And imagine i have a half blue shield.I am so much a color coordonated guy.