Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

The carbon t'Blades are pretty much the same thing as the "originals," only they have a sort of weave wrapping. Nothing drastic or worth the extra money, as far as I am concerned.

As for t'Blades in general - I switched to 'em awhile back for the sake of consistency. Playing AAA hockey means that, more often than not, you're playing in a different city every weekend. Unfortunately, this means that, even if you get you skates done by someone you trust before you leave home, you're eventually going to have to end-up in a situation in which you're forced to hand your skates over to someone you don't know in a town you're not too familiar with. My skates were way wrecked too many times - and eventually I had enough and decided I wasn't going to be passing my skates around (with or without the "5/8, please" post-its).

I got the t'Blades put on so I could keep a few extra pair in my bag in the event that I lose an edge during a tournament or something. No matter what, I always knew EXACTLY what I was going to get. Convenient and worry-free.

I've since switched back to conventional steel (PITCH 3s). It was a difficult transition (as far as skating mechanics are concerned), but I didn't notice any real change in performance. I've also taken to keeping a spare set of sharpened, profiled steel in my bag in case I blow a tire while on the road.

Edited by LkptTiger

Does anyone else find the T-Blades really ugly?

I second that

Yes.

call me biast or something...but the only time i liked t-blades was the 1st time anyone ever wore them ( i believe)...aka when Elias wore them for the 1st time...IMO i just think they ruin the look of any skate...just me

You've seen alot of carbon holders then?

My German is pretty much non-existant - maybe some of our German MSH'ers can help with the translation?

http://www.t-blade.com/carbon/

I had t-blades on my old skates and when when replacing the E-pro's it was $24 more to get the carbon, so I decided to give it a whirl.

The shop I work at used to sell them. I see the same four or five pair of carbon t'Blades come into the store on a fairly regular basis. Given my impression of those four of five pair, I'm of the opinion that they're essentially the same thing as the "traditional" white and black t'Blade holders.

With the t-blades you don't need to sharpen ? How do you know when its time to put a new steel or how ever it works on ?

For t-blades your supose to get new ones after 10-20 ice times i think and just like a normal blade once you notice there isnt very much blade you sharpen them or in this case you get new ones

when it gets dull, lose an edge, nicks, slip ,etc. Its just like a normal steel that needs to be resharpen but in t-blades you need to replace the steel.

Me playing inline hockey.

inline124eq4.png

Synergy II Shaft and Blade (Iginla), NB 4500 helmet, Itech Aviator visor, RBK 5K gloves, NB XV pants, NB One50 shins, RBK 4K (modified) skates.

Edited by TopProspect91

Me playing inline hockey.

inline124eq4.png

Synergy II Shaft and Blade (Iginla), NB 4500 helmet, Itech Aviator visor, RBK 5K gloves, NB XV pants, NB One50 shins, RBK 4K (modified) skates.

It's a gentleman's game.

Anyone know the number of NHLers who use T-blades? I've only seend one, don't recall who.

I swear I saw someone on San Jose last year with them on G35's. I want to say Vlasic. Looked briefly on getty but couldnt find anything.

Anyone know the number of NHLers who use T-blades? I've only seend one, don't recall who.

jochen hecht on the sabres does and christian ehrhoff on the sharks did last season but this season he's using tuuk custom +'s. Those are the only two i can think of.

My German is pretty much non-existant - maybe some of our German MSH'ers can help with the translation?

I had t-blades on my old skates and when when replacing the E-pro's it was $24 more to get the carbon, so I decided to give it a whirl.

all I got out of that was 40% and I am guessing that the word after that translates to lighter

all I got out of that was 40% and I am guessing that the word after that translates to lighter

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/t...com%2Fcarbon%2F

babelfish.altavista.com helps

Edited by henkka

Yea since then i added 1 xxxx 1 xxv and 1 9Ko

and i am in the work for s15 skates

What kind of pattern is the XXX?

Naslund for the 2 bauers and i am trying the bergeron on the 9k