Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Ignorant? Dude, you posted pictures of a curve to figure out what it was without ever stopping to check the tenon for the other stamp.

The ignorant and "Amen" was from other posters, not me. It was suppost to be quoted.

No. I got them at the PIAS in Burnsville, MN. There was a thread about them earlier this winter that mentioned they had wild prostock gloves, so next time I was passing through I went and picked up a pair.

Will do. I think I'll get some ice time in tomarrow.

Yeah. I'm 6'3ish. Somewhere around there.

Those Easton shafts sure do run pathetically short. I'm also 6'3" and bought a Easton shaft that required a full end plug (6") and it was still too short. Shame on Easton, really ticks me off.

However, the NB One90 shaft and my One70 one piece required no end plug, but those might be too large for the shorter guys.. so we all lose somehow.

Those Easton shafts sure do run pathetically short. I'm also 6'3" and bought a Easton shaft that required a full end plug (6") and it was still too short. Shame on Easton, really ticks me off.

I know. I am just lucky I like my sticks a little short. It is just the right hieght with the 6 inch plug.

i never understood why they dont just make every stick 63" long, and let you cut it to length/flex. my new bauer sticks say they're 60", but then seem about an inch short for me. most of the others i was looking at were even shorter. why wont they cater to tall people or defensemen? (or tall defensemen, like myself)

i never understood why they dont just make every stick 63" long, and let you cut it to length/flex. my new bauer sticks say they're 60", but then seem about an inch short for me. most of the others i was looking at were even shorter. why wont they cater to tall people or defensemen? (or tall defensemen, like myself)

1. Most sticks are sold to people who cut them down

2. Longer stick means more material used in production

i never cut a stick, cause they're universally too short. more material. yes, but lets say changing from 60 to 63" is only a 5% increase in length, which should equate to a less than 5% increase in cost. i'd pay ~5% more to always have the right length stick. i guess i'm in the minority here. i'm not even THAT tall... about 6'0, but on skates, a 60" stick comes up to my mouth. when i play devense, my montreal stick is the perfect length... about 61", almost to my nose.

Edited by s4gobabygo

i never cut a stick, cause they're universally too short. more material. yes, but lets say changing from 60 to 63" is only a 5% increase in length, which should equate to a less than 5% increase in cost. i'd pay ~5% more to always have the right length stick. i guess i'm in the minority here. i'm not even THAT tall... about 6'0, but on skates, a 60" stick comes up to my mouth. when i play devense, my montreal stick is the perfect length... about 61", almost to my nose.

Again, the vast majority of people cut their sticks. Why would a company increase their cost by 5% when most people don't want or need the extra length? You don't tailor your product to 10% of a market, you cater to the 90%. I use a plug in my sticks, and I find that it helps even out the balance quite a bit.

No new gear here but I thought I would show off my latest invention. I've just turned my old bed into a kit drying rack complete with a section at the back to hang up shirts!

2329492849_ec6e17b044.jpg

Current twigs. (When I came to this website I had just 2 sticks)

IMAGE_00026.jpg

Top to Bottom:

Easton Ultra Carbon Shaft w/ Shanahan Blade (for roller)

Vapor V w/ Lindros Curve (first OPS)

Sickick 7v* w/ SK-11 (most recent addition)

Dolo Shaft w/ Pro Stock Elias Blade

Broken XXX Lite w/ Lindros

IMAGE_00028.jpg

Just for fun (on an old blade):

"Zubrus" Blade

IMAGE_00024.jpg

"Dangle" Blade :D

IMAGE_00025.jpg