Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

I'm 6' and use 16"- I go over my tongues- I think a lot of folks use SG's that are too short. If thy go down hard their knee cap wont be in the donut, which can cause fluid on the patella.

Depends on how you wear the pads too. I would need 16s if I put them over the tongue, but I tuck them behind the tongue and use 15s.

I'm 6' and use 16"- I go over my tongues- I think a lot of folks use SG's that are too short. If thy go down hard their knee cap wont be in the donut, which can cause fluid on the patella.

yeah well im 6'3 almost 6'4 and i let it hang over my toynge quite a bit.. and what he said about that knee and fluid stuff, i fell on my knee hard and hurt it earlier this yr. and if i remember right thats wat happened to me so i got new shins and got the 18's so they give enough protection

I miss when pictures of gear were posted in this thread... That was pretty cool.

IMG_0845.jpg

AK-27 shafts and S17 are gone.

IMG_0869a.jpg

Current 3 sticks. Yet to get on the ice with the 9k, too many exams this last week for late-night hockey.

IMG_0871.jpg

My handle. A ritual for every new stick. Color coordinated to the stick (though I'd rather have matching green for the 9K, I can't find any cloth that color). Each one takes me about 10-15 minutes. I've tried many other styles and I just can't get used to other styles.

X70s.jpg

The Eagles I had my hands in/on for about a week before selling them. Was not impressed with the fit, they felt like roomy 13" fingers with palms from a 12" glove. Also, I learned I detest solid fingers. Oh well, lost $5 on them is all.

Edited by Rustpot

I miss when pictures of gear were posted in this thread... That was pretty cool.

My handle. A ritual for every new stick. Color coordinated to the stick (though I'd rather have matching green for the 9K, I can't find any cloth that color). Each one takes me about 10-15 minutes. I've tried many other styles and I just can't get used to other styles.

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/renfrew-hockey-tape-206.html

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/rencolclotho.html

this work?

Edited by budro727

IMG_0845.jpg

AK-27 shafts and S17 are gone.

IMG_0869a.jpg

Current 3 sticks. Yet to get on the ice with the 9k, too many exams this last week for late-night hockey.

It must be brutal to play with that O-stick. Whenever I'm at an open ice and some guy comes in with a 9k. Everyone asks to see it and then begin to talk shit about what a waste of money.

Personally I agree, I think it's a retarded idea for a stick, but I still feel bad for you.

It must be brutal to play with that O-stick. Whenever I'm at an open ice and some guy comes in with a 9k. Everyone asks to see it and then begin to talk shit about what a waste of money.

stick envy??

stick envy??

Each hole in the stick adds an inch to your manhood.

Canadian Tire regularily has a nice bright green $5.19 CDN (1"x25m)

also seen at sport chek but sporadic $5.99 CDN (1"x25m)

also LHS has it (1.25"x18m) generally around $3 bucks I think

quite easy to find actually if you're a Canadian! :P

Canadian Tire regularily has a nice bright green $5.19 CDN (1"x25m)

also seen at sport chek but sporadic $5.99 CDN (1"x25m)

also LHS has it (1.25"x18m) generally around $3 bucks I think

quite easy to find actually if you're a Canadian! :P

You want to go to the shop, grab a 9K and color match? I can find neon and regular (forest?) green. Neither matches and would look tacky, and the only other colors on the stick are a bit of chrome and gray, none of which have a tape color. To the guy showing me a link to HockeyMonkey last page- no grip tape for me, and I won't be blindly ordering a color that probably won't match. The red on the XXXX is actually a bit too bright. It will darken with use, though.

I'm fine with black, really. I just like to spruce up the colors a bit, have a rainbow on the stick wall as it were.

I had matching yellow on the AKs, White on the S17, red on the SE grip that wasn't pictured. My buddy has an identical blue on the SL no-grip I gave him, and another friend had me make a red one on his SL grip. Another friend of mine makes a very similar grip, but I've become pretty particular about the knob width and spacing/direction of the spiraling.

cougarscaptain- only 4 :ph34r: . The same SE is in both pictures, though the Zubov didn't make it upstairs for pictures.

As far as the 9k goes- I bought it because it was relatively cheap and I wanted to add it to the collection. It's yet to make a trip to the rink, though I'm sure someone's going to grab it and start flexing every 2 minutes. Somehow the ones at the LHS down the road aren't enough, they need one they can abuse.

Edited by Rustpot