Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Actually, that is what MIA stood for when the company was started...

Lots of posts about that over the years.

I know. I searched MIA and saw a ton of pages, but couldnt find anything regarding what they are in any definitive sense. It was all a bit vague. But thanks to those you informed me completely, and my apologies for the hijack.

While not new gear I did pick up something that I'm using as a gear rack. There was a department store chain that was bought out and they're closing the location in the mall near my house, so they're selling off everything including the fixtures. I ended up getting two big racks that work well for gear or as stick racks for $20 each. Too bad I'm not ready to open up another shop or I would have picked up a hell of a lot more.

http://modsquadhockey.com/pics/chadd/rack.jpg

diggin the leopard print, very sexy.

I used to lose at least two pair of soakers every year, I've had those for close to five years. Nobody ever picks them up accidentally.

are those atlanta thrasher MIA's? kovalchuks? they have their equipment sale tonight! :lol:

well Kovie's have a baby blue (warrior/MIA) emblem which I would have gotten if I custom order them hehe, and white cuffs (which I dont like) other than that pretty much the same

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/80324700....F198085993A39DE

Edited by MissConduct

While not new gear I did pick up something that I'm using as a gear rack. There was a department store chain that was bought out and they're closing the location in the mall near my house, so they're selling off everything including the fixtures. I ended up getting two big racks that work well for gear or as stick racks for $20 each. Too bad I'm not ready to open up another shop or I would have picked up a hell of a lot more.

Nice rack. I've always preferred metal to the home-made PVC or ABS ones; feels more sterile.

Store fixtures are so annoyingly expensive... I was trying to find some simple aluminum T-frames to incorporate into a screenboard for my kid-goalies, and even the most basic stuff from Adco was running $150 a pop.

I'm just waiting for some old department store to die in Toronto, and I'll be on that like a vulture. Come on Zellers, don't let me down...

Nice rack. I've always preferred metal to the home-made PVC or ABS ones; feels more sterile.

Store fixtures are so annoyingly expensive... I was trying to find some simple aluminum T-frames to incorporate into a screenboard for my kid-goalies, and even the most basic stuff from Adco was running $150 a pop.

I'm just waiting for some old department store to die in Toronto, and I'll be on that like a vulture. Come on Zellers, don't let me down...

I don't have room for it here, but one day I want to build a rack out of PVC and have holes in the pipes with a small fan to blow cool air through the gear.

Working on that right now Radio haha. The fan is the only thing throwing me off. Any ideas for a semi quiet fan that could fit at the base of a thick pvc pipe? I mean a hair dryer would work wonderfully, but unless I can find a decently quiet one, I am out of luck.

Edited by kovalchuk71

Working on that right now Radio haha. The fan is the only thing throwing me off. Any ideas for a semi quiet fan that could fit at the base of a thick pvc pipe? I mean a hair dryer would work wonderfully, but unless I can find a decently quiet one, I am out of luck.

Check at an industrial supply store for an equipment cooling fan. You can usually get one for $40 and up depending on the cfm requirements. McMaster-Carr, Grainger, MSC all carry them.

are those atlanta thrasher MIA's? kovalchuks? they have their equipment sale tonight! :lol:

I must say that the glove selection at the Thrashers sale was pretty poor. I got both home and away RBK Edge socks for $2 a pair (considered picking up the whole stack to sell on Ebay but decided not to be greedy), an orange and a green RBK practice jersey for $25 brand new and......a barely used Easton S17 stick for $10, a $200 stick!!!!

I considered getting an unused Hossa Warrior for $50 but when I saw the curve on the end of that thing I knew I'd never be able to actually use it.

I'll post pics of my stash later.