Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

feeling the white toe caps.. painted?

edit: upon further inspection, are those even the white 9k's, or the normal ones painted white?

Edited by adam14

Krylon Fusion did the trick nicely.

And if I find a white jersey that's worthy I might just do that Radio, great idea.

Edit: Yes they are white 9k's, I'm not that ghetto haha.

Edited by ashtonhutch05

Took a pic today of what I've accumulated in the last 2 months or so. I keep telling myself I'll take a pic when I'm done, but then I buy something else... One70, XXXX, 9K, and 5-6 others are still at college.

IMG_0047.jpg

S17 is broken; for future projects. One of the SLs is a shaft, going to a co-worker as soon as it gets a blade. Only the Response, 7K and SL are full OPS.

What do you think of the Montreal?

Nice feel and flex/kick, horrible torque. Slightly smaller shaft size in my big hands doesn't help. Good weight and balance with my bulky Lang pro blade. It's got a sand grip which I'm more of a fan of than soft grip, I wish companies offered all 3 (clear, soft, polarfibre/tactile).

How do you find the ballistik shaft?

I haven't been on the ice with it. Flex feels right for me, a bit more than my 70/75 shafts, a bit less than 85 Eastons, marked 80. Can't get enough of the tall, boxy shape. I have high hopes, especially after hearing great things from a few guys I've skates with who use them. Plastic coat on the last 6" is a nice touch for durability.

Read the 52 Caliber long term review.

Took a pic today of what I've accumulated in the last 2 months or so. I keep telling myself I'll take a pic when I'm done, but then I buy something else... One70, XXXX, 9K, and 5-6 others are still at college.

PICTURE

S17 is broken; for future projects. One of the SLs is a shaft, going to a co-worker as soon as it gets a blade. Only the Response, 7K and SL are full OPS.

How far along are you on that project? I wanna see it when you finish. And what the inside of my s17 looks like if you take it apart :lol:

Not nearly far enough, I don't anticipate being done any time soon. I don't know if I'm beat to the punch, but I really don't come across nearly any broken sticks, and it's been tough picking them up on here, most people dump them or stickfix.

Most of what I've got isn't with me in Philly besides.

What do you think of the Montreal?

Nice feel and flex/kick, horrible torque. Slightly smaller shaft size in my big hands doesn't help. Good weight and balance with my bulky Lang pro blade. It's got a sand grip which I'm more of a fan of than soft grip, I wish companies offered all 3 (clear, soft, polarfibre/tactile).

Cheers man. I've wondered what they're like, but I'm not a fan of small shafts... nothing suss :P

My stuff

img0030uq8.th.jpgthpix.gif

Did you pick up that Mission skid lid at the Giants equipment sale last night Ed? I seen you were wearing a red lid last weekend and had ditched the cage. I got one of those Mission lids at the sale last night altho I'm not sure weather I'm gonna ditch the RBK bucket for it.

Also meant to ask you a few weeks ago, what did you use to black out your sticks? They seemed to be painted pretty smooth and you blended them back into the stick colour pretty well too.

Edited by Clark12

My stuff

img0030uq8.th.jpgthpix.gif

Did you pick up that Mission skid lid at the Giants equipment sale last night Ed? I seen you were wearing a red lid last weekend and had ditched the cage. I got one of those Mission lids at the sale last night altho I'm not sure weather I'm gonna ditch the RBK bucket for it.

Also meant to ask you a few weeks ago, what did you use to black out your sticks? They seemed to be painted pretty smooth and you blended them back into the stick colour pretty well too.

yess mate that the syngery ii and blade, 2 ccm blades and that vapor shaft they had a brilliant haul,the intake for 20 quid, ya cant go wrong! i was using daniels helmet last week just trying out the visor, but was gettin alot of shit from the mother,gf etc bout wearing a visor haha

i just use glossy spray paint, i only did it to try it out once but now tbh i cant use a stick without the bottom blacked out!

yess mate that the syngery ii and blade, 2 ccm blades and that vapor shaft they had a brilliant haul,the intake for 20 quid, ya cant go wrong! i was using daniels helmet last week just trying out the visor, but was gettin alot of shit from the mother,gf etc bout wearing a visor haha

i just use glossy spray paint, i only did it to try it out once but now tbh i cant use a stick without the bottom blacked out!

Yeh I was down early on and seen most of that stuff. The Vapor is actually a Ryan Smyth pro stock (Avs Ryan Smyth, not Ryan Smith that played for the Giants).

I can sympathise with you over the greif your getting about the visor. After Simon Black getting his teeth knocked out, Jen has been tortuing me to put a cage back on but I can't do it, 1. because I hate the feeling on the chin cup and 2 because im too much of a gear whore!

Still nice pick ups.

I don't really have much equipment worthy of showing off besides my One95's for roller (which I have posted pics of way too many times to post them again here) and my beloved Mark Rycroft Easton 4-rolls. These gloves are flat out amazing and I love 'em. They originally had a mustang palm but I didn't like it so I had FIBM replace it with a black clarino single layer palm. I also used a DecoColor black paint pen to black out Rycroft's name, which after 2 coats got pretty black - it looks lighter here than it really is because I bounced the flash because lighting in my family room sucks. Besides being feather-light and feeling great on my hands, these gloves just "look" cool. I'm a sucker for traditional cuffs, traditional cuff rolls and straight backrolls. I cannot recommend Easton 4-rolls to people enough looking for top feel and performance from a glove (pro stock/pro return - not the crappy retail ones).

I bought some of rycrofts old gloves on Ebay too. In mine, he apparently cut the pad out that sits behind the back of my hand, making them loose. Did he do that to yours too? Im kind of disapointed, but because of the bad fit i bought MIAs so that worked out awesome. I am repalming the Eastons and probably selling them on ebay or PHEW on facebook. Ill probably post a link here too if anyone is interested, but that will be about three weeks from now I would guess