Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Nothing new but I was messing around w/ my 50mm lens last night and snapped some shots of my Grafs. They're about 10 years old now and I'm thinking I'll be replacing them in a couple months or so. You can't tell from the pic too much but they're really worn on the other side of the skate, right near the ball of the foot it's white from the outer peeling off, as well as plenty of slices from skate blades and the Tuuk's have definitely seen better days.

(Pic removed from quotes)

If those are 10 years old it just shows how much Grafs last. Nice laces too.

Those were the "good" Grafs. None of that silver crap on the skates.

Yea when I looked at those new Grafs w/ the silver and crappy graphics I was a little disappointed, but then again that seems to be the style that all the kids like now a days; too much silver/white/flashy designs on skates these days for my taste.

The laces are new, only been used for maybe 3 sessions or so... they seem a little wider than any other laces I've used and I'm really happy with them, no lace bite at all and they keep the skates nice and snug.

Oh and the skates are a size 8 from what I remember for the user who commented that they look small... I think the pic makes them look smaller than they really are.

Edited by xstartxtodayx

where do you pick up that felt?

and do you just sew it onto your existing tongues?

very interesting idea with sewing the white felt on!

but i'm sure you can pick up felt from any crafts store, i.e. Michaels, or nearby dollar stores will even have'em

anyone tried different colored felt? =P

Felt sheets cost me .28 cents each... I used fabric glue to start, but might have to get out the needle and thread to make them more secure. Someone on PHEW made some red tongues, which I thought looked pretty cool, gave them an actual "tongue" look, haha.

Popped into my LHS where i was helping out in the run up to xmas to be presented with a Graf box... in it were a pair of custom grafs EXACTLY the same as i had asked about pricing on! Turns out they just ordered them for me, the only downside is they want me to pay for them despite not actually ordering them yet.

I suppose the big plus is that they understand that i cant pay for them right away so when i want them they are there ready for me! I got boot only G70's in white with a white felt tongue. Should have the money soon so will post up pics ASAP!

EDIT: Spelling

Edited by #44wannabe

They switched to the shiny logo on the back in 2000, then the actual 705 logo a few years later. When I wore 705s they were from 97 and they lasted 5 years.

The 705s with the white logos were the best skates ever. I'm currently in 705s with the silver logos and I swear every pair of them I've seen have been inferior to the whites.

Popped into my LHS where i was helping out in the run up to xmas to be presented with a Graf box... in it were a pair of custom grafs EXACTLY the same as i had asked about pricing on! Turns out they just ordered them for me, the only downside is they want me to pay for them despite not actually ordering them yet.

I suppose the big plus is that they understand that i cant pay for them right away so when i want them they are there ready for me! I got boot only G70's in white with a white felt tongue. Should have the money soon so will post up pics ASAP!

EDIT: Spelling

Sounds awesome, what holders you putting them on?

They switched to the shiny logo on the back in 2000, then the actual 705 logo a few years later. When I wore 705s they were from 97 and they lasted 5 years.

The 705s with the white logos were the best skates ever. I'm currently in 705s with the silver logos and I swear every pair of them I've seen have been inferior to the whites.

I thought JR was first referring to the newer style/model Grafs with all the silver graphics on the sides... but now I realize he was referring to the 705's w/ the silver 705 logo. I always noticed the different logo's but never thought anything of it until now. I got my pair right about 97/98 so I'm guessing they must have been part of the last production of white logo ones... I guess I have good timing and got lucky.

got a pic of most of my gear

100_1449.jpg

also, no im not a rangers fan (lol) my AA team was the rangers so thats where the red white and blue comes from. also, my 10k'a are in my car so i will post an updated pic after hockey tonight.

100_1450.jpg

we were also too cheap to get blue buckets cause red was cheaper apparently to buy a lot of. i whited out our home (white) helmet too and now use that for mens leauge

Sounds awesome, what holders you putting them on?

Im thinking of going with what i know and love and just putting on Lightspeed 2's although im tempted to try the either the rocker runners or the LS 2.1 Power.