Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Should find out for sure by Wednesday when they'll be in my hands. I was told composite though and the RBK info on their site shows the blades as composite in the retail 10K sticks. Or are they wood with a composite overlay in the Pro Stock version?

Edited by Too Old

I had a 10k that looks exactly like yours, my blade was wood and fiber-glass :S

Really rare to find a pro stock 10k that's actually or like the retail version.

Edited by Kachun

Thanks for the info! Actually I'd think the 'feel' may be better with wood vs composite, even with enhanced foam core techniques they claim are in the retail 10K at least? And if the blade breaks then a replacement wood one will feel very similar then too I'd believe.

Edited by Too Old

Those are some sweet sticks Too Old, here are my skates this is a combination of showin them off and im selling them so message if ur interested, These are pro stock nike quest skates w/ tuuk ls2 holders and perforated ls2 blades and custom nike one90 tongues w/ white felt. they around 8-8.5 the tongue has been changed so there is no size...they have been used for a couple of months but there is no smell and no marks on the boot there are scuffs on the holders though, im in need of some new skates so im putting my babys for sale

DIGI0076.jpg

DIGI0077.jpg

DIGI0079.jpg

I had a 10k that looks exactly like yours, my blade was wood and fiber-glass :S

Really rare to find a pro stock 10k that's actually or like the retail version.

I haven't seen many most, I've seen have been v130s... that is not a v130 blade, those are pretty obvious as well.

That certainly looks like a wood blade and possibly a v130 shaft.

New toys.

Aaron Palushaj AK

Looks like a nice little mid-toe, neutral face. I like it. Is it a OPS?

If you hate it and the flex is right, dibs. :)

That Palushaj curve looks exactly like the couple a pro stock Easton Karyia blades I have. PM me TBLfan if you're interested?

Edited by malcb33

I'm pretty sure the Kariya was more of a small mid. If you look at this one it looks like a tiny heel with a little more curve at the mid-toe, kind of like an EXTREMELY toned down Kovalchuk pro.

I know what you mean, but the couple I have are definitly a toe, not like the mids I've seen before . It looks very similar to the Palushaj, Longer blade, closed but opens up very slighty towards the toe, with a smallish toe curve. From what I remember the other pro Karyia was more like a Recchi retail curve.

gear.jpg

pants.jpg

twigs1.jpg

twigs2.jpg

ccm vector 08 lid, graf supra 707 custom skates, rbk 7k pro elbows, rbk 8k pro shins, ccm 501 tacks upper with ccm hp18 +1" bruins pro stock lowers, second pair of pants is vice versa ccm hp18 upper (too tall) with the 501 tacks lower, sticks top to bottom are: nbh vapor xxxx chris summers, nbh one95s pateryn u of mich (p89, 112), and nbh vapor xxxx brian "big ern" mcgrattan (p89, 107)

Ah, gotcha... I hear ya there, I tend to go a little whipper with the lower kickpoint sticks out of feel. I normally cruise between 85-95, preferably 95.

On the one95s are they a mild stickum grip, not tactile?

Edited by TBLfan

exactly a mild stick um grip no tactile, im normally not a fan, but its not bad at all and its nothing 300 grit sand paper cant take care of. not bad for $90 out the door. whats the pattern-flex on that gens gem?

I didn't mind, albeit I don't like the grip and it seems to be holding up better than previous grip sticks from Bauer, which kind of sucks. I'm not exactly happy that I was told it was non-grip but I'll live.

Mine is a P92, not the pattern of choice but it will do. Good stick for $105. Only 3 hours of icetime with it but it's probably my second favorite OPS, behind the U+.

IMG_2571.jpg

I believe the "C" is the amount of grip. With A, B, C and D being options. The "29" is what I'm unsure of.

I got the stick from TSR, I think I got the last one but the guy I talked to said they had other P92s available.

Edited by TBLfan

Yeah, it is. They had P88s too. I skipped out on that because I did like it but they've changed it slightly a LOT over the past 4 years. This P92 doesn't exactly look the same as before either.