Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

2009 u+ nice!

I picked a good time to want new skates with all the new models coming out I spose. :)

Nice eagles

I was planning on Franchises originally and also considered the Bauer 4-rolls before finally settling on the PPF's. The first time I tried on Eagles a few years ago I wasn't overly impressed, though I think it was a lower level glove. After browsing the forums here and reading up on reviews, the PPF seemed like a great fit for me. They've lived up to the hype so far.

when u try those skates out tell me how they feel bcz i'm thinking about getting those

thanks in advance

I won't be a ton of help considering my last pair of skates were CCM Tacks (952 maybe? Can't remember the model number) about 5 years ago if not longer. Also for the fact I haven't skated on ice in a good three or four years. Nonetheless here are my initial impressions. I gave them their first run wednesday at drop-in and I really like the feel of them. The skates were very comfortable on the inside right out of the box, and even moreso after baking. Had a little bit of redness on my ankles after the skate, but nothing like the huge blisters I got breaking in my older pairs of skates. I'm amazed at the lightness of them. I didn't try on a pair, but I took a look at the U+ pros and they were even a little lighter, ridiculous. I have to say they're a pretty dang good deal considering the price of other skates in the same category. Obvioulsy the fit of different brands is going to be a deciding factor, but I'm quite happy with these skates so far.

Picked up some new gloves

Kolosov (Grand Rapids Griffins)

rbk.jpg

Cleary 4-rolls from Ebay

21cyyc7.jpg

Draper Warriors

2uj70av.jpg

2s0i9ee.jpg

Hossa Warriors

20tnrk3.jpg

bds6f6.jpg

10ns611.jpg

The last two I got from a from a friend who works at the JLA and picked them up before they hit Hockeytown Authentics.

Postman dropped off some new booty today.

Synergy II 70 flex shaft.

I just got the same shaft. 70 Flex, pulled the plug, cut an inch off. I put a Warrior Saprykin pro stock blade in it, fells light, just a little blade heavy. I'm going to cut another inch off an put a 1 inch plug in the end (I usually leave the shaft open on my OPS) to balance it a little better. I won't mind it being slightly heaveir as it's very light right now. I'll put up a pic tonight.

Bid on a pair of those RBKs on ebay yesterday and lost. They were nice- good pickup.

They have a volume fit similar to NBH 4 rolls but are a little heavier. Craftsmanship and such are on par with any of the other higher end gloves.

I wouldn't go out of my way again to pick a pair up but they are pretty nice gloves.

If you really want them to shine. Look over those extra pads and cut off the ones that you don't like. There are 3 removable pads on the cuff, one is on the top, the other two are on the underside. Take a seam ripper and they should come off and look like they came that way. My Mike Green gloves are MUCH better than the standard Pro Tack(Mine are MIA made, but it's practically the same thing) simply because of the removed pads.

Got these in the mail today, supposedly they're Rangers pro-stock but there's no name anywhere on them so who knows. They've been used but are in pretty good shape, one hand has been re-palmed but feels like it wasn't used much after that (the other palm feels good still as well), and some of the lettering is cracking. For the price I paid I'm pretty psyched and those minor details aren't really an issue for me.

th_DSC_2242.jpg

th_DSC_2256.jpg

I was bidding on those against you :)

Got these in the mail today, supposedly they're Rangers pro-stock but there's no name anywhere on them so who knows. They've been used but are in pretty good shape, one hand has been re-palmed but feels like it wasn't used much after that (the other palm feels good still as well), and some of the lettering is cracking. For the price I paid I'm pretty psyched and those minor details aren't really an issue for me.

th_DSC_2242.jpg

th_DSC_2256.jpg

Definitley Rangers colors so it's a nice addition either way :P A little too much for me to wear personally. Those Hossa gloves on the other hand, I still dream of at night.

Postman dropped off some new booty today.

Synergy II 70 flex shaft.

I just got the same shaft. 70 Flex, pulled the plug, cut an inch off. I put a Warrior Saprykin pro stock blade in it, fells light, just a little blade heavy. I'm going to cut another inch off an put a 1 inch plug in the end (I usually leave the shaft open on my OPS) to balance it a little better. I won't mind it being slightly heaveir as it's very light right now. I'll put up a pic tonight.

I really like mine so far. I'm coming from a Dolomite 75 flex, and I really feel like my shot's harder with this thing. It doesn't feel too whippy, and it's lighter than the Dolomite shaft. A little blade heavy because of that, but it still has pretty good balance. The Harrow blade I put in it isn't the lightest one around, so I think if I put an Easton or Warrior blade in it, it'd have better balance. Plus, I wanted to try a shorter stick, and this being 1" shorter than the Dolo uncut is a plus as well. Right now it's about the same length and flex as most intermediate sticks, so now I know whether I could use/buy an intermediate and be happy with it.

I was bidding on those against you :)

Well if I don't like them I'll keep you in mind :D Going to try them out tonight.

Midnight at long beach, by chance?