Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

New backyard shooting set up. Almost finished, just need to get another net above the crossbar attached.

ht75f9.jpg

I have the same setup but it came with a 6ft net behind/above the goal. And YES, A/C unit, R.I.P.........

Don't have any pics yet, but i hit up the Leafs equipment sale today. Very few people in line to start, (25ish). Someone immediately snapped up the one pair of Franchises (kabby). They had what were likely the last gloves Kessel wore as a Bruin (black 4 rolls) for $200. Had tons of new pro sticks from a bunch of guys, but minimum you were looking at $175 for anything new. Bunch of used Marlies sticks for $50-75. Helmets, skates, pants, socks, the usual fare.

Disappointed with the remaining glove selection, I picked up a Kessel X:60. Paid for it, was wandering around the main store (separate from where all the equipment was) for a bit when I happened to find a pair of Christian Hansons franchises. A little bigger than I'm used to, but I had to have them. Luckily, I was able to return the stick and pick up the gloves.

Went to the Jays game, left early because they were getting smoked, figured I'd see if they dropped the price on any of the gear. They had, anything with a certain tag was negotiable. I managed to pick up a U+ CL (pretty sure it's a repainted 10k) for $35. Could have probably had some One90 skates for like $30 but I didn't really have a need for them.

Could have probably had some One90 skates for like $30 but I didn't really have a need for them.

Rarely do people on this board have the need for equipment, we just choose to get it anyway :tongue:

Edited by michael.yue

Don't have any pics yet, but i hit up the Leafs equipment sale today. Very few people in line to start, (25ish). Someone immediately snapped up the one pair of Franchises (kabby). They had what were likely the last gloves Kessel wore as a Bruin (black 4 rolls) for $200. Had tons of new pro sticks from a bunch of guys, but minimum you were looking at $175 for anything new. Bunch of used Marlies sticks for $50-75. Helmets, skates, pants, socks, the usual fare.

Disappointed with the remaining glove selection, I picked up a Kessel X:60. Paid for it, was wandering around the main store (separate from where all the equipment was) for a bit when I happened to find a pair of Christian Hansons franchises. A little bigger than I'm used to, but I had to have them. Luckily, I was able to return the stick and pick up the gloves.

Went to the Jays game, left early because they were getting smoked, figured I'd see if they dropped the price on any of the gear. They had, anything with a certain tag was negotiable. I managed to pick up a U+ CL (pretty sure it's a repainted 10k) for $35. Could have probably had some One90 skates for like $30 but I didn't really have a need for them.

Didn't the Leafs JUST have an equipment sale? I remember they had one when I was in the center of the universe a few months ago.

I blame b19kress for this puchase. I have way too many sticks already.

4981916068_7b7fa69915_z.jpg4981917106_e8bf33fe7d_z.jpg

Not a fan of the aluminum-esque boxiness of the shaft, but couldn't resist the curve. Btw, kovy is having a positive influence in NJ in terms of us getting more rh toe curves

*edit* never posting on an ipad again, so many typos

Edited by tamtamg

I'm worried more about a bounce off the nets or a perfect deflection off the post.

+1 When I saw that the first thing I thought was, "man, one hard shot off the outside of the post and that house is getting hit." I wouldn't be worried about missing the net so much as a wayward bounce off the post. That being said, factoring in crazy bounces... I feel like all those windows are in play as well.

I blame b19kress for this puchase. I have way too manu sticks already.

Not a fan of the aluminium-esque boxiness of the shaft, bhut couldn't resist the curve. Btw, kovy is having a positive influence in NJ in terms of us getting more rh toe curves

flex? thats close to my fav. curve and i love boxy shafts, nice pickup

Edited by K9 Unit

Went down to the park to shoot some pucks as I am tearing the bricks apart at home. There is a new wheat postie shoved right in the middle of my shooting zone. So now I get to practice my shoots, cheese and off the bloke's nuts and in.

Also pictured (in a blur of course, thanks Iphone) are my new Dolo and 2010 Kronik. I love the whip in the Kronik, but I can picture myself breaking it quickly! :sad:

IMG_0654.jpg

Needs more netting, for sure. Still trying to set up something like this myself, only instead of a fence, I've got woods, and a creek behind my target. Wonder if there's anywhere to get surplus army netting or fishing net that would hold up to pucks?

http://stores.ebay.com/FLORIDA-NETS/GOLF-NET-SPORTS-HOCKEY-IMPACT-/_i.html?_fsub=328757019&_sid=191196649&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

I got the 12' x 25' net for my backyard. Works like a charm. As long as it has slack (hangs loose, not tight) it'll stop any pucks you can fire at it. And be sure to look at the 'impact' netting. The other types they sell probably won't hold up to pucks.

Edited by kr580

New beer league jerseys came in :)

hawks.jpg?t=1284008191

My team's jerseys for a 3-game tourney we played in August. Great minds think alike. ;) Yours look mighty clean.

38683_425435181480_511446480_5295526_2717441_n.jpg