Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

+1 When I saw that the first thing I thought was, "man, one hard shot off the outside of the post and that house is getting hit." I wouldn't be worried about missing the net so much as a wayward bounce off the post. That being said, factoring in crazy bounces... I feel like all those windows are in play as well.

Which netting did you purchase? And how long gave you had it fir, and how has it held up? Any comments on it would be great, as ive been looking for something like this at nearby rinks.

BTW my backdrop outline it H- 8ft L-16ft.

what would you recommend, the 15'x12' or 10'x25' or 12'x25' ?

Thx

Edited by puckhoggy

Clean, an in sharp, simple, uncluttered design or layout in this instance.

That's not PHEW talk. That's language.

It sounds about like "man those laces are fressshh"

It sounds about like "man those laces are fressshh"

I'm siding with Scotty- clean lines, clean design, clean cut- not a PHEW-ism like dirty steez or sick flow. Clean has been around a long time.

What does "looking clean" even mean? That he washed it?? Stupid PHEW talk

I don't even know what PHEW is, so I doubt it's PHEW talk. Scotty described my definition of 'clean'.

@puckhoggy: If you're asking me, I got the 12' x 25' netting and have it hanging at about 8' x 13' but it could easily be stretched to about 17' or 18' wide and still have the slack needed to kill puck momentum. 12' x 25' would work but you might get away with 10' x 25', not quite sure. As far as how it's holding up, I've had it since mid-May and I haven't had any problems with it. Not even a single hole. As long as you have slack in the net it will absorb any puck impact you can throw at it. (if you shoot super hard you might test it in a safe place first, haha)

Those Easton 4-rolls are gorgeous.

And yeah last week I was at an indoor shooting range, "helmets required" but nobody was around so I had it sitting to the side. Sure enough, halfway through hit a snapper off the post that came right back and almost got me in the head.

My plan is a big billboard tarp off craigslist and paint a 4x6 net on it. Missed shots will die, shots to the "bar" will die, etc.

So, got a bunch of stuff this last week. Here's a bit of it.

My BASE stick, this is the standard color scheme for BASE (the only reason I'm posting it is because people have asked about it in the past and now they can see what they get when they don't want to customize their stick's colors)

48460568.jpg

Next is a John Madden pro stock s19 with a pretty sweet curve. Was really pleasantly surprised by how well this stick loads and releases slap shots (one of the best I've ever used IMO)

61475907.jpg

Lastly, I included a pic of my shooting setup that I've had for a long time now (no, I haven't put one through the TV or window yet). Bought a canvas tarp at the Home Depot and hung it from ceiling hooks. The plexi surface is longer than this pic shows since I couldn't fit the whole garage. Hope this helps inspire someone else's setup in the future!

48570791.jpg

JoeyJ where did you pick up those Eastons? I've been waiting a while to pull the trigger on the right pair of NYR pro stocks.

Like these?

http://www.prostockhockeygear.com/products/Easton-E%252dPro-New-York-Rangers-Gloves-14%22.html

Decided to black out the 9Ks. Pretty pleased with how they turned out.

P1000595.jpg

How did you do that? Spray paint or sharpie? It looks pretty good

dscf0361.jpg

Petr Sykora Eastons from his time with the Rangers.

One-Piece Fingers

Short Cuffs

Mesh Gussets

Back-Hand Pads removed on both gloves

I had a pair EXACTLY as you described from the Islanders and those gloves are great, only thing I hated was the removed inside padding

Looks like Sharpie to me just because you can still see the RBK underneath it...

A lot of guys use RIT dye, or a similar product, on their holders. RIT dye has a pretty big following with LAX players who dye their sticks. I think there is a thread on here somewhere with a tutorial and the results are pretty good. Not saying your job doesn't, but if you ever need to reapply, I'd recommend RIT.

A lot of guys use RIT dye, or a similar product, on their holders. RIT dye has a pretty big following with LAX players who dye their sticks. I think there is a thread on here somewhere with a tutorial and the results are pretty good. Not saying your job doesn't, but if you ever need to reapply, I'd recommend RIT.

I was talking about the boot, not the holders. I don't think soaking the entire skates in hot water is a very good idea ahah

I was talking about the boot, not the holders. I don't think soaking the entire skates in hot water is a very good idea ahah

Hahah yeah, prob true. The RIT works really well for spot dyeing too though. Geez, I'm starting to sound like a commercial for them...

I had a pair EXACTLY as you described from the Islanders and those gloves are great, only thing I hated was the removed inside padding

I'm up to 5 pairs of his (Sykora's) gloves, and all but one pair are missing at least the padding in at least the right-hand glove. I'm kicking myself for not trying to talk the guys at Sauce Hockey down on the price of the Minnesota Wild pair they had about a month ago...

JoeyJ where did you pick up those Eastons? I've been waiting a while to pull the trigger on the right pair of NYR pro stocks.

Fortunately I was able to pick them up from a random seller on eBay. But, he also told me he would not be getting anymore Rangers' gear for a couple weeks. But, if you eBay search for Rangers' gear, there is a ton of it on there.