Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Newest project. Born this morning around 12:30 am - Frankenskate!

Excluding the cost of the boots and cowlings, whole thing cost about $18 and 10 hours. Oh, and I burned my hand when I shaved off some of the excess screws - there's an imprint of the threads on my thumb, haha.

20100113010.th.jpg

Not really sure if this is the place to post these pics or not...

I have some guys on my team who are really big fans of the "Coffey" curve, and it's interesting that years after he has retired, his name is still on that curve. I have a one of Coffey's Sherwood 5030's from his days with the Oilers, thought I would post a few pictures of the actual Coffey curve. It's about a 5 lie, square toe, pretty similar to the Reebok Hedman curve, or a Bauer P88 (if that was square)

imag0009do.jpg

imag0010qk.jpg

imag0011xa.jpg

I have some guys on my team who are really big fans of the "Coffey" curve, and it's interesting that years after he has retired, his name is still on that curve. I have a one of Coffey's Sherwood 5030's from his days with the Oilers, thought I would post a few pictures of the actual Coffey curve. It's about a 5 lie, square toe, pretty similar to the Reebok Hedman curve, or a Bauer P88 (if that was square)

I never was a Coffey fan but that is pretty cool.

imag0009do.jpg

imag0010qk.jpg

imag0011xa.jpg

Very cool post......the Coffey curve in my mind has always been associated with a banana!

pants.jpg

Forgive me if this is not quite kosher (the pants are clearly nothing special), but I wanted to show off the repair job I did on my pants (that clumsy white stitching there), because the stitching worked and is actually holding up through skating. :biggrin:

Forgive me if this is not quite kosher (the pants are clearly nothing special), but I wanted to show off the repair job I did on my pants (that clumsy white stitching there), because the stitching worked and is actually holding up through skating. :biggrin:

Its always a good feeling when a repair you did , on your own , works out. No matter how good ( or bad ) it looks. Congratulations!

Very cool post......the Coffey curve in my mind has always been associated with a banana!

That's what many people would have said when told that Yzerman's real curve was actually the retail Drury.

Just picked up a Kovalchuk pro stock DD. Pretty nice shot, coming from a P92. Really boxy. Flex is a 95. He shaves the heel which is weird, I really wana know why. Probably to keep the toe hook from getting in the way when cupping the puck.

516825401_photobucket_6894_.jpg

516825401_photobucket_6895_.jpg