Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

the XXXX are my favorite glove. Very nice. Are they -1 on the cuff?

I believe so, I like short cuff gloves and these are currently in the finishing process of cleaning/desensitizing. They smelled like road kill.

I love the fit of my Vapor XVIs and these with have a more comfortable feel.

I believe so, I like short cuff gloves and these are currently in the finishing process of cleaning/desensitizing. They smelled like road kill.

What are you doing to them to kill the smell?

Winter Classic Caps Gear

Hannan Franchises, DJ King AK27, and Jay Beagle Reebok 4-rolls

Most of the Collection [ Latest additions: Rob Blakes Franchises (bought from my friend today) and Brent Burns All Star MIAs (thanks Tony!) ]

Where did you pick up the Caps gear? I've been trying to find some gloves and pants for a while now

Where did you pick up the Caps gear? I've been trying to find some gloves and pants for a while now

I do believe he cited NHL Auctions website.

If those xxxx's are retail, the cuff isn't -1

I don't think they are, I never saw red nylon 40's at retail. but maybe they were available and my lhs just never had them

Hi - we bought these jerseys for $49 with our team crest (embroidered twill). These $49 jerseys also came with player names and numbers (in twill) as per the pics - pro quality - very nice. Fantastic price and service! These jerseys are unbelievable. We did not order the white jerseys. We just ordered the green jerseys but attached is a pic of the white jersey as well.

VirginiaNorthStars-Front.jpg

SNP-011_Back.jpg

Our team uses the current Sharks third jerseys in RBK cut, found these RBK 8K Sharks gloves in the same teal colorway. Wifey personalized them for me:

emperorsgloves-vi.jpg

I got a crest made with embroidery, wife then took apart the glove along the stitches and sewed the crest on. Total cost: $5 per crest.

If those xxxx's are retail, the cuff isn't -1

they aren't retail ;)

What are you doing to them to kill the smell?

It has been quite a process!

I apologize if those goes out of topic

First thing was taking them out of the box, and they smelled like roadkill and a half.

Materials used: metal bowl, barbasol shaving creme, sponge (soft side), dish soap (50/50 mix with water), shop towels, fabric drying sheets, golf clubs/broom stick/poles.

Simply repeat the steps for each glove, it also works best if you wear the glove being cleaned in order to apply pressure to the dirty areas

1. I got hot water running through each glove and you should see the dirt in the water.

2. with glove soaked in water, spray dish soap mix on inside and outside of glove, scrub evenly with soft side of sponge

3. rinse glove in hot water and use sponge to scrub off excess dirt, the glove should still run very dirty

4. rinse in cold water and then apply the shaving creme all over the palms and glove if you prefer, scrub entirely and apply pressure to palm, this should help in getting rid of any dirt from the palms and exteriour and make them look next to new. Barbasol is used as a carpet cleaner alternative and works great with all hockey equipment (refrain from using on leather gloves)

5. rinse again in hot water and use the sponge to wipe off all the creme and leftover soap to start the rinse process of the glove(s).

6. rinse the gloves in hot and cold water until the water no longer looks soiled and put glove with fingers facing up to let excess water rinse in a bowl or clean surface (spare sink?), you should pull out the cloth inside the glove as that will quickly soak up water running down the glove. After a few mins squeeze the cuff and finger to drain excess water.

7. using the shop towels (paper towels are too fragile), wipe off the exteriour of the glove and while wearing the glove, squeeze onto the towel balled up to soak up excess water.

8. put the gloves to dry on the handle of the golf club, broom stick, pole or whatever you have so that they will drain over night. check back after 30 min to an hour and drain the cuff of excess water and continue to let it drain. get some sleep or play call of duty

9. wake up the next day or after 5-6 hours set the gloves outside to dry in the sun, or if your work has an xlerator hand dryer you can likely dry them completely.

10. The glove should smell a lot less foul, but if the gloves still smell against your satisfaction, we shall begin the deodorizing process:

11. using two fabric dryer sheets, place one inside the glove and one on the outside, this works great and left overnight should remove excess odor, however this may not get the job done entirely if the glove still smells on the finger tips or cuff where they often penetrate the deepest.

12. I placed the gloves in a box with the dryer sheets lying on its side with an air purifier working to suck out any further bad smells. it was as airtight as it could be and let it work for 5-6 hours. to top things off I sprayed the gloves with bacteria killing odor spray, you can find these in a shoe store or sporting goods store.

13. After 3 days of cleaning they gloves are finally bad scent free and smell delicious.

again sorry to go off topic but I know many people who buy pro stock or used gloves are often stuck with this situation.

Indeed, and a huge reason I try to stay away from used gloves. I've had various pairs of gloves straight out of the Yotes equipment room, some that were only worn for 2 games total, and they just smelled terrible. I am OCD about putting my hands in gloves that another man sweated in, and that's to say nothing of the process to 'de-funk' used gloves. Just personal preference.