Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

they aren't retail ;)

Did some digging. Actually they are. You can tell by the nike bauer logo on the cuff. Carolina Pro stocks wouldn't have black behind the bauer wording on the cuff, it would be red like on these gloves

http://cgi.ebay.com/PRO-STOCK-VAPOR-XXXX-HOCKEY-GLOVES-SAMSONOV-14_W0QQitemZ160423325641QQcategoryZ20853QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286.m7QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D8010708330796910211

there was two different retail xxxx gloves, one leather with the weird palm and the other the "pro" which is nylon. Your gloves are the retail "pro"

I have a hard time buying anything that's been well used that's gonna touch my bare skin. Gloves, helmets, shins... I will buy used gloves, but pretty much only ones from us other nut jobs on this board that take care of their stuff and only used them a couple of times.

Are they pro stock Franchise?

I am not very familiar with Warrior gloves, but they appear to be a pair of Franchise. Yes, they are prostock.

Brian,

You are correct, I got them from Jake. With regards to the vintage gear he obtained from the Kings, I think he has a couple CCM helmets, some shells, some Reebok lowers (these are really nice, but were not cheap...)

I believe he as a couple pairs of Easton gloves, as well as a pair of Eagle X-something or other. I didn't see any other Warrior gloves when I was there...

Here's a pic of the lowers.

imag0117a.jpg

Did some digging. Actually they are. You can tell by the nike bauer logo on the cuff. Carolina Pro stocks wouldn't have black behind the bauer wording on the cuff, it would be red like on these gloves

http://cgi.ebay.com/PRO-STOCK-VAPOR-XXXX-HOCKEY-GLOVES-SAMSONOV-14_W0QQitemZ160423325641QQcategoryZ20853QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286.m7QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D8010708330796910211

there was two different retail xxxx gloves, one leather with the weird palm and the other the "pro" which is nylon. Your gloves are the retail "pro"

I think you'll find that you've got these..... Good glove. Not pro stock.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CB0QtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Defy3CNymoSI&ei=bSGOTar-NMHYgQfKw8WfDQ&usg=AFQjCNFKUAgqhXP1aJhAJPAHGXwM1dfOVw

What are you talking about.........

1. They're not my gloves

2. I already said they were the gloves you posted a link to

What are you talking about.........

1. They're not my gloves

2. I already said they were the gloves you posted a link to

It seemed clear to me that I was backing you up. You told him what he doesn't have. I told him what he does have. Jeeze.

It seemed clear to me that I was backing you up. You told him what he doesn't have. I told him what he does have. Jeeze.

If you quoted his post it would have been clear. You quoted mine so I was a bit confused. My bad

Edited by bostonjuniorblackhawks

If you quoted his post it would have been clear. You quoted mine so I was a bit confused. My bad

I can only do so much on an iPad....

As far as the retail xxxx pros and the pro stock ones coming from tsr, I own both and other than the color variations, am not sure there's much of a difference. I have pro stock ones that are exactly the same as the retail pros. I also have ones that have Nash gussets instead of the elastic. But other than that, I'm not sure it's worth quibbling over.

I can only do so much on an iPad....

As far as the retail xxxx pros and the pro stock ones coming from tsr, I own both and other than the color variations, am not sure there's much of a difference. I have pro stock ones that are exactly the same as the retail pros. I also have ones that have Nash gussets instead of the elastic. But other than that, I'm not sure it's worth quibbling over.

dif liner

dif liner

Well, other than the color (red, instead of black) on the back of the hand and the printing that says dri-fit and vapor xxxx pro on the inside on the retail ones, there doesn't appear (or feel) to me to be any difference in the material used on the TSR ones that you're calling pro-stock. It's dry-fit on the TSR ones too. Read the eBay listing you posted.

So I think that when it comes to TSR vapor XXXX gloves vs. Retail pro xxxx gloves, it comes down to the color, unless you've got a different palm or gussets. I think if you had several examples of each glove in front of you (like I do) you'd probably agree with me.

Edited by Gr8erade

Warrior AK27 Pro gloves blacked out with India Ink:

IMG_0554.jpg

a few spots have turned out kind of "shiny" and I have no idea why. you can kind of see it on the index finger of the left glove. any ideas how to fix this?

Edited by shoeshine boy

thanks for the research on that, that was a minor detail. I still love these gloves

That's the important thing.

There's a lot of times that people seem to get hung up on the words "pro stock" thinking that its superior and here's a case where there's really no difference.

Well, other than the color (red, instead of black) on the back of the hand and the printing that says dri-fit and vapor xxxx pro on the inside on the retail ones, there doesn't appear (or feel) to me to be any difference in the material used on the TSR ones that you're calling pro-stock. It's dry-fit on the TSR ones too. Read the eBay listing you posted.

So I think that when it comes to TSR vapor XXXX gloves vs. Retail pro xxxx gloves, it comes down to the color, unless you've got a different palm or gussets. I think if you had several examples of each glove in front of you (like I do) you'd probably agree with me.

Those are samsonov's so I don't know why your calling them tsr vapor xxxx's............

Even though the liner's are called the same thing, the one on pro gloves is different. It feels thicker

I do as well.

Not saying there's a huge difference

Those are samsonov's so I don't know why your calling them tsr vapor xxxx's............

Even though the liner's are called the same thing, the one on pro gloves is different. It feels thicker

I do as well.

Not saying there's a huge difference

I realize you're a big fan of tsr, but I believe that you're paying an upcharge for pro colors, and on those gloves, perhaps the gussets. I think you're fooling yourself if you think there's any significant difference. And btw, I can stitch samsonov's name on a custom order and make a replica of his gloves too. And in case you haven't noticed, that's what tsr does with most of their pro colored Bauer gloves.

Yes, TSR does some SMU's, but there is a lotta legit stuff in that store that isn't what I would call overpriced.

I didn't say overpriced. I said there's an upcharge for pro colorways. And not a particularly steep one. I've paid it. Happily.

What I'm saying is that there's not much of a difference, aside from the colors, between the vapor xxxx that they're selling and the retail pro vapor xxxx. The samsonovs may very well be his, but when 5 pairs showed up on eBay on the same day as 8 other pro color styled vapor xxxx's did, along with the exact same pair with "hurricanes" stitched into them, I get suspicious about whether a smu order didn't just come in.

We're now belaboring the point I'm trying to make, and that is, tsr's vapor xxxx's aren't built differently than the retail pro ones, other than the colors used. Whether the samsonovs they're also selling are actually pro stock or not, they're also built the exact same way.

i have had 2 pairs of pro stock vapor xxxx's and 2 of the retail ones and the only difference i found was the pro stock 15" seemed a tad longer in the fingers.

Finally got around to taking pictures of my stuff.

Group Shot:

Lids: Isles Pro stock 5100, Mission Intake.

Shoulders: Warrior Projekt

Pants: CCM U+ 07

Elbows: Easton something? haha

Shins: Jofa 5500

Gloves: TPS R8 and Bauer XX's. Probably getting custom Eagles over the summer.

Skates: Bauer Vapor XXII ( I just got into Ice)

5568774813_b993d6c3d3_m.jpg

Twigs:

OG SyNergy (Shanny), '05 Easton Stealth (Drury),Bauer One95 (P91A..Staal?)

5569363306_680804afe1_m.jpg

Roller:

Tour Code Carbons and some Mission pants.

5568775561_d9b2422d03_m.jpg

And I won a contest with the Isles so I got some cool stuff. I have socks in my bag somewhere plus they dumped a bunch of gear on the table in the middle of the locker room. Gloves needed to be given back, but everything else was free game. Grabbed these Easton shells and an old Bauer XX twig.

5568775127_80c3b93198_m.jpg

And to make people jealous :biggrin:

5568775389_abe3de7ec8_m.jpg

5510306343_bedb4dabae_m.jpg

Edited by RiSeOnFiRe