Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

My new Reebok HP1053's from CTS! Not the cheapest at $149 shipped to the US, but I needed to replace my beat up pro stock Reebok MHP520's. I got some retail 9k's a month or so back but was fairly disappointed in them. The thigh boards/plastic inserts on the 1053's were a little boxy so I've hand shaped them a little more round. There also a little stiff but I'm sure they'll break in, otherwise a great pant here. Fantastic protection while still being pretty light weight, and them seem to run a little long which couldn't be more perfect for me. They're very similar, if not the same as the pro stock CCM ECHL MHP520's I used to have. Switched out the black laces for some white skate laces... necessary :wink:

*picture*

Are the 1053's a two-piece pant, or one?

My new Reebok HP1053's from CTS! Not the cheapest at $149 shipped to the US, but I needed to replace my beat up pro stock Reebok MHP520's. I got some retail 9k's a month or so back but was fairly disappointed in them. The thigh boards/plastic inserts on the 1053's were a little boxy so I've hand shaped them a little more round. There also a little stiff but I'm sure they'll break in, otherwise a great pant here. Fantastic protection while still being pretty light weight, and them seem to run a little long which couldn't be more perfect for me. They're very similar, if not the same as the pro stock CCM ECHL MHP520's I used to have. Switched out the black laces for some white skate laces... necessary :wink:

getattachmentaspxrn.jpg

you could always switch out the thigh pads with the 520s

Hmm good idea, I may just do that! Too Old is correct, they're a 2-piece pant.

got the idea when i bought a pair of 7ks (2010) that were too tight in the legs for me. tried the thigh pad from my 420s and that didn't help. so i took them back and was finally able to find a pair of 852s that have worked great. i just wish that someone would make pants with the old boxy fit for retail (is 420, 520)

got the idea when i bought a pair of 7ks (2010) that were too tight in the legs for me. tried the thigh pad from my 420s and that didn't help. so i took them back and was finally able to find a pair of 852s that have worked great. i just wish that someone would make pants with the old boxy fit for retail (is 420, 520)

Yea I feel ya man, the 1053's got a fairly traditional thigh fit, as did the 520's. I know what ya mean with the 7k's. I hated the thigh fit on my 9k's (2010), way to narrow and the opening was tiny. Unless you have chicken legs, forget about it!

Yea I feel ya man, the 1053's got a fairly traditional thigh fit, as did the 520's. I know what ya mean with the 7k's. I hated the thigh fit on my 9k's (2010), way to narrow and the opening was tiny. Unless you have chicken legs, forget about it!

anyone know what lower half you can put on the 1053's to widen the legs? i have a pair i got for really cheap but hate the way they fit.

anyone know what lower half you can put on the 1053's to widen the legs? i have a pair i got for really cheap but hate the way they fit.

Maybe go 1 size up than what you've got? Obviously at the expense of some extra length too.

Maybe go 1 size up than what you've got? Obviously at the expense of some extra length too.

Do the legs have zippers? If so, opening them up will certainly help. I know I personally don't like the look of having the legs open, but if you like the pants enough then this might be worth trying: buy a shell that you won't mind cutting up, then have a tailor or shoemaker (or do it yourself if you're ambitious and confident) sew the material behind the openings the zippers create. You'll still be able to wear the pants either open or closed, and it'll be harder to tell when the zippers are open.

Hope this helps.

That's a good idea. I was toying with cutting the velcro off or both leg openings and trying that. Problem is I bought these because I used to skate with the legs unzipped on my last pair until I got a skate to the thigh. Trying to avoid that again.

mind if i ask what you used to remove the ink?

Here's what I did:

1) Saturate ink area with 99% rubbing alcohol and then press it in to layers of paper towel.

2) Saturate ink area with acetone (nail polish remover) and then press it in to layers of paper towel.

3) Continue alternating with 1 & 2 until no ink is transferred to the paper towels.

4) Spray on 'Spray and Wash" stain remover on the area and work in to the fabric. Let sit for 20 mins and rinse cold water. ( x 2).

5) Let dry.

Edited by Chadd

That's a good idea. I was toying with cutting the velcro off or both leg openings and trying that. Problem is I bought these because I used to skate with the legs unzipped on my last pair until I got a skate to the thigh. Trying to avoid that again.

Sorry meant to say go 1 size up in the lowers, not the whole pant.

If you sew the piece of the shell behind the opening the zippers create then the area where you were cut will be covered. You'll also be able to leave the velcro/zipper in place this way. The Bauer One95s have something similar -- if you navigate through the specs linked on this page: http://www.bauer.com/gear/player/pants/1093-BAUER#shell there's a good image of what I'm trying to describe. The Bauer description refers to an "inner pleat."

lol you'r lucky teh acetone didn't take off the colour of the glove.. especially the teal part...

Already posted these in the custom glove thread.. but I've very please with them!

206436_153985461332147_132507483479945_331549_6319150_n.jpg

I just saw these on facebook on prostock hockey page. Pretty nice looking

Edited by Joshison

After being a member for a while now, I have been waiting for the right time to make my first post.

So, today I scored a brand new pair of Bauer Supreme 7000. Just like the pair I had when I was in high school.

I have not seen a pair this nice in a long time. They are my size, and I would not have been able to live with myself if i passed them up.

143.jpg

After being a member for a while now, I have been waiting for the right time to make my first post.

So, today I scored a brand new pair of Bauer Supreme 7000. Just like the pair I had when I was in high school.

I have not seen a pair this nice in a long time. They are my size, and I would not have been able to live with myself if i passed them up.

Lucky SOB! I all but gave up on finding a pair. might just be in my head, but those were the best skates I ever had. and to think I gave mine away.Probably give up my one 95's for a pair

Lucky SOB! I all but gave up on finding a pair. might just be in my head, but those were the best skates I ever had. and to think I gave mine away.Probably give up my one 95's for a pair

I know for a fact my local pro shop still has a handful of 7000's. Saw them three days ago. Woodie's Pro Shop in Peabody, MA. Small shop, literally it's a window opening at the local rink.