Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

[

Looks like an SE16 repainted???

No. But most importantly, it feels nothing like an SE16. It is much lighter feeling. And nothing like the EQ50. And its not an ST, and it doesn't have the obvious elliptical taper of the S19.

I know that some of you really believe that all these RS's are repainted sticks, but give me one good explanation why David Krecji, who is a Bauer guy and who was using a TotalOne prior to this, gave up the TotalOne for this stick at the exact time that the RS was launched.

A) Its a RS and he liked it. But because he's a Bauer guy, he sprayed over the Easton markings.

B) Its some other Easton stick that he could have played with all year painted like an RS and then he decided that he'd go paint over that.

I'm going with A. And because I have every other Easton stick sitting here in my closet and none of them look or feel like this one, I'm going to go with its not anything other than what it says it is.

IMG_0922.jpg

Edited by Gr8erade

No. But most importantly, it feels nothing like an SE16. It is much lighter feeling. And nothing like the EQ50. And its not an ST, and it doesn't have the obvious elliptical taper of the S19.

I know that some of you really believe that all these RS's are repainted sticks, but give me one good explanation why David Krecji, who is a Bauer guy and who was using a TotalOne prior to this, gave up the TotalOne for this stick at the exact time that the RS was launched.

A) Its a RS and he liked it. But because he's a Bauer guy, he sprayed over the Easton markings.

B) Its some other Easton stick that he could have played with all year painted like an RS and then he decided that he'd go paint over that.

I'm going with A. And because I have every other Easton stick sitting here in my closet and none of them look or feel like this one, I'm going to go with its not anything other than what it says it is.

What did the barcode at the top of the stick say??

012. The stick is game used and cut. That's what's left of the barcode.

Hmm, I'm not denying that it is an RS or saying that there aren't real RS's out there, but I do know for a fact that they have the olliptical shaft and this one doesn't. My RS's are S19's (barcode says S19)

Hmm, I'm not denying that it is an RS or saying that there aren't real RS's out there, but I do know for a fact that they have the olliptical shaft and this one doesn't. My RS's are S19's (barcode says S19)

Well, it is unlike any Easton stick in looks or feel that I have. And I have them all. And it makes no sense given the timing of krecji's switch that he went to anything but the RS. That also explains why he blacked out all the yellow.

It's already been said that the taper of the RS is different from the previous stealths. Krev has a prototype I believe, and this one looks exactly the same as his. My vote is real RS.

Sweet Jesus, everything around here is just a conspiracy theory nowadays. Myself and Gr8erade have legit RS sticks. The taper is not as extreme as the S19's nor is it as noticeable considering the paintjob is almost all black and can throw off the angles of the stick.

Sweet Jesus, everything around here is just a conspiracy theory nowadays. Myself and Gr8erade have legit RS sticks. The taper is not as extreme as the S19's nor is it as noticeable considering the paintjob is almost all black and can throw off the angles of the stick.

Yeah, I think that computer rendering threw people off. That rendering looks like a S19 with a RS paint job. Mine looks exactly like yours, so I'm pretty content that I picked up a RS. That its David Krecji's is a bonus. And as I said, Krecji has no logical reason in the world to be using anything other than an RS.

Oh, and because I'm going to use it (and he uses a longer stick than I do), I took off his tape job and noticed that the sticker was still partially intact under the tape. What's left says NHL GR KRECJI R BO8. He hacked off the rest. These are made in Mexico, btw. I wish I knew the flex. It seems fairly stiff.

Edited by Gr8erade

Also picked up a Nathan Horton Diablo.

IMG_0934.jpg

IMG_0931.jpg

The curve is very similar to those Letang and Fisher Prostocks that were on ebay recently.

IMG_0933.jpg

Looks like a 270 flex to me....

IMG_0932.jpg

That Horton Diablo looks awesome Gr8. Love it.

And again, agreed w/Gr8, Harv, Sharks25, Wabbit, etc regarding the authenticity of the sticks...it's peculiar to me the conspiracy theorists that are so quick to jump on things as repaints.

@9kpump - your reaction(s) is strange. Why do you seem so bothered? I ask genuinely, not baiting.

That Horton Diablo looks awesome Gr8. Love it.

And again, agreed w/Gr8, Harv, Sharks25, Wabbit, etc regarding the authenticity of the sticks...it's peculiar to me the conspiracy theorists that are so quick to jump on things as repaints.

@9kpump - your reaction(s) is strange. Why do you seem so bothered? I ask genuinely, not baiting.

Thanks. I think there was some speculation about what kind of Warrior stick Horton was using when he first started using them and gave up his Eastons. I can tell you that this is definitely a Diablo and not just some paintjob. Its got the shorter taper than the Widows. The curve is sweet.

I don't get all the talk about paint jobs either. Sure there are guys using old sticks made to look like the current sticks, but in the case of the RS, I think people forget that hockey players in the NHL aren't all that different than we are, they want to try the latest and greatest too. The RS worked for Krecji, so he abandoned the TotalOne and looks like he did his best to mask that he was using the RS. If anything, in his case, it actually WAS a paint job. He was a Bauer guy using the newest Easton and wasn't advertising it.

The diablo doesn't have the x-stitch pattern on the blade. That cannot be a true diablo because it does. It may have the diablo taper, but not the same carbon construction.

The diablo doesn't have the x-stitch pattern on the blade. That cannot be a true diablo because it does. It may have the diablo taper, but not the same carbon construction.

Well, now that you mention it, its actually got the same pattern that the Widow has. It does have the Diablo taper.

Harv, are those UVM pants I spy in that bag?

Yes. Rob Madore pants.

Funny story on these. He had them for sale on GSBB. Contacted him and turns out he played HS hockey, before he left for the USHL, with one of my current teammates. Small world.

Extremely nice guy and basically gave me the pants.

8330001.jpg

IMG00222-20110129-18162.jpg

They match my gear and jerseys perfect. I still have to wear a shell on them per team rules, but they look great with a jersey tuck.

I just wasn't sure if the RS has the elliptical taper or not. To be honest, I still don't know. Will it have the elliptical taper or not?

Yes. Rob Madore pants.

Funny story on these. He had them for sale on GSBB. Contacted him and turns out he played HS hockey, before he left for the USHL, with one of my current teammates. Small world.

Extremely nice guy and basically gave me the pants.

Sweet. I actually work in the equipment room at UVM. I think goalie gear is some of the only stuff they actually let go since it's so custom. Ive been trying to get my boss to let me have some of the old stuff but almost all of it gets passed down to club and intramural teams. Ive also been told they have to be really careful about what they let players keep when they graduate because of NCAA rules about gifts and such.

Great colors though, especially to match your uni's and definitely a great pickup. And Madore is a real nice guy, I bump into him from time to time at the rink after stick and puck

I just wasn't sure if the RS has the elliptical taper or not. To be honest, I still don't know. Will it have the elliptical taper or not?

The taper is not as extreme as the S19's, but yes it still has it.

Yeah, I think that computer rendering threw people off. That rendering looks like a S19 with a RS paint job. Mine looks exactly like yours, so I'm pretty content that I picked up a RS.

Yeah, even though the rendering is pretty accurate as far as appearance goes, the taper is completely wrong.

It will have a taper. Why they decided to continue with the S19 elliptical taper wording boggles me because it's nothing like the S19 taper, but Easton does what Easton does.

The product info for the Stealth RS says it has an eliptical taper. IIRC, they product info called it "modified" eliptical taper versus the S19 taper.

Used to love these skates!

IMG_0918.jpg

Hi - got the chance of a mint pair of these skates (just gotta replace the holders!) for £40 Quid ($65 US Approx)

worth the money and hassle of changing the holders ??

thanks