Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

I saw Henrick Zetterber Warrior Widow at the Red Wings sale. It does have the taper same Widow taper as the retail Widow, however the stick is considerably beefed up. The Easton he was using before was a thin taper with Elliptical Profile Concave taper too. The lie was low, 5ish for sure.

HenrickZetterbergWarriorWidowStick.jpg

HenrickZetterbergWarriorWidowStick2.jpg

HenrickZetterbergWarriorWidowStick3.jpg

Edited by Jagrmullet

Good work. I saw you after you pick those up at the sale. I wanted to ask you about the Bauer Supreme pants you got, is the hip padding in those like those in the retail Bauer Totalone pants?

I'm not sure. I don't have them with me right now, but I'll post pics when I get them back.

Edited by robat

I also looked Pavel Datsyuk's much talked about stick. It did feel "heavier" then most sticks about but nothing crazy. The blade was long, gentle curve. Not much different from his RBK retail blade. The lie was about average, 6ish. The stick was a sturdy pro stock. The blade felt very strong.

PavelDatsyukRBK9Kstick1.jpg

PavelDatsyukRBK9Kstick3.jpg

PavelDatsyukRBK9Kstick2.jpg

Edited by Jagrmullet

I don't know how people can judge lies... they're so inconsistent. Are you comparing them to something you have right now?

Both sticks were brand new and uncut. I held them in my hand put the blade flat on the ground. You can do it with any stick. Try it with a Bauer 5 lie vs a 6 lie. I have been doing it for over 20 years. It was just rough estamites on each stick. You can't tell the difference to the .25 of a lie, thats not possible. The Zetterberg stick was considerably flat.

Edited by Jagrmullet

Both sticks were brand new and uncut. I held them in my hand put the blade flat on the ground. You can do it with any stick. Try it with a Bauer 5 lie vs a 6 lie. I have been doing it for over 20 years. It was just rough estamites on each stick. You can't tell the difference to the .25 of a lie, thats not possible. The Zetterberg stick was considerably flat.

Yeah see that's the thing, I'm sure you know but taking a Bauer lie 5, a Warrior lie 5 and some other random prostock lie 5 and they will all vary slightly. Then again there will be people who cut sticks etcetc and that really makes it more difficult to recommend lies

Surprisingly, not as soft as I would have thought. Seems pretty stock, and all leather makes them stiff.

Interesting, always wondered what Sids gloves were like. Loose fit, tapered, tight fit?

Interesting, always wondered what Sids gloves were like. Loose fit, tapered, tight fit?

They are a tighter fitting glove, fingers feel like crap very stiff. They form and follow the wrist nicely when holding a stick.

It will be interesting to see what you get when a 8500 and 9500 mate.

LOL I was just gonna say that.

Are those Bulgaria colors something you added yourself?

Surprisingly, not as soft as I would have thought. Seems pretty stock, and all leather makes them stiff.

Thats such a surprise. How is the wrist movement on those gloves with the RBK cuff protection?

They are a tighter fitting glove, fingers feel like crap very stiff. They form and follow the wrist nicely when holding a stick.

I was talking to an equipment manager, Paul Boyer from the Red Wings, and he said the guys have custom gloves and they throw them in the skate oven for 15 minutes and come out soft, like butter.

Thats such a surprise. How is the wrist movement on those gloves with the RBK cuff protection?

I was talking to an equipment manager, Paul Boyer from the Red Wings, and he said the guys have custom gloves and they throw them in the skate oven for 15 minutes and come out soft, like butter.

Both the 10K gloves and kfs pro gloves I had had awful fingers.

plus the cuff on the Crosby's looks dead on for the cuff on a pair of pro stock 8k's that I've had for a a few years now.

whoa.. Blue holders? How?

Not quite custom, they're "custom" size (through Great Skate). I asked for the unmounted boot, and they sent me holders in the wrong size (263 for a 5.5 skate), probably for some junior-senior sizing snafu.

Anyway, I had a pair of old Flexlite 18s that I had converted to roller so I had the Tuuk LS2 254s lying around... and they just happen to look nice with the blue accent!

10k pro gloves? Because to be honest, mine weren`t as great as I thought it`d be. I mean, the feel was fantastic and all, but it wasn`t as flexible or mobile as some other pro stock gloves I`ve come to see. Furthermore, the cuff protection is very good, however I`ll be shortening them in due time, just too long for my taste.

just bought this, thinking to give ccm another try. i hated the old u+ and u+ cl since i broke them really fast, and im not the kind of guy to take slappers often, my sticks last longer than usual.

anyways i start to think this might be some kind of repaint, its a retail stick with warranty and all, with ovie's old retail curve 102-2, which i dont see anywhere online and even in the catalog that curve is not there it seems to have changed to sakic like with the 2011 cl. but this stick doesnt look or feel anything like the old cl. any insight? judge for yourself!

img0390pn.jpg

img0391o.jpg

img0392ve.jpg

img0393iv.jpg