Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Love the shaft, not has boxy and the grip is amazing. :)

Not as boxy? The Vapor series has always been more rounded to begin with....

Not as boxy? The Vapor series has always been more rounded to begin with....

The ones I have are a little rounder then X:60's.

A few things I've picked up recently:

- CCM U+10 65 flex with Crazy Ovi curve

- 2011 Warrior KGB 70 flex with Kremlin curve

- Mission NME helmet

Just got the KGB yesterday and it feels great (haven't had it on the ice yet as the local rink is closed due to the heat). Shaft dimensions are identical to my 2011 Dolomite DD and it feels very well balanced as well as very light. Great looking stick with lots of cool little details in the paint/decals. U+10 has worked well for me so far, not quite as light or as balanced as the KGB but it was a good way to try out the curve and get a solid stick to boot.

029.jpg

040.jpg

041.jpg

I really didn't have any trouble transitioning to the Ovechkin pro-clone. I went from a Sakic to P14 to the Kremlin/Crazy Ovi and just had to make some minor changes to my release on wrist/snap-shots. I don't do slapshots so that wasn't an issue for me either.

kremlin curve seems crazy to me. I imagine there are a lot more mights and squirts who don't have any problem shooting top corner now then there were 5-10 years ago.

Edited by hrvd214

5996383240_b941b584ba_z.jpg

5996383772_0ce0956656_z.jpg

My custom APX, had them for a couple of weeks, but hadn't had time to take some pics.

SPECS:

-Size 6 3/8 EEE/B (Down from 6.5EEEE/B in my X60's)

-Quarter panels from a size 7.5 skate to accommodate my high volume foot.

-Toe caps from a size 9 Flexlite boot.

-A few stretches here and there to accommodate my duck feet.

-Re-enforced solid tendon (a la Draper)

-And the usual double stitched, re-enforced eyelets

-Also went up to level 4 stiffness. Had 3 stiffness on the X60's, but they went soft on me pretty quickly.

Edited by tamtamg

My custom APX, had them for a couple of weeks, but hadn't had time to take some pics.

SPECS:

-Size 6 3/8 EEE/B (Down from 6.5EEEE/B in my X60's)

-Quarter panels from a size 7.5 skate to accommodate my high volume foot.

-Toe caps from a size 9 Flexlite boot.

-A few stretches here and there to accommodate my duck feet.

-Re-enforced solid tendon (a la Draper)

-And the usual double stitched, re-enforced eyelets

-Also went up to level 4 stiffness. Had 3 stiffness on the X60's, but they went soft on me pretty quickly.

They look nice.

Frankenskates!!! No seriously they are really nice looking....Hope they work for ya? Cheers, and congrats......How much for all those modifications? Retail + $100? TY

Edited by Shayno

Frankenskates!!! No seriously they are really nice looking....Hope they work for ya? Cheers, and congrats......How much for all those modifications? Retail + $100? TY

Retail + $75

I had no idea you could do that much on custom skates... Wow, you're getting me thinking!

They're custom built for you, you can get a lot more done. But Just because you can, doesn't mean you should

tamtamg> Are they made in canada ?

How come you lost the extra copper rivet in front ? did you ask for it or is it standart ? Can you ask for a full copper job ?

I didn't specify. I believe it is standard.

They're custom built for you, you can get a lot more done. But Just because you can, doesn't mean you should

Amen! I kept mine pretty simple, didn't go for all sorts of bells and whistles. 6-3/4 EA on left and 6-5/8 EA on the right with 1/8" stretch on the toecap. 4 stiffness?! Wow! I stuck with the standard 2 and find them just right. How'd the "comfort edge" come out for you? I've noticed a few pics of customs that look different than retail. Mine included.

Yes, they're built in Canada.

I love them more and more every time I skate in them.

Finally got them all in one pic.

FamilyPicAug2011.jpg

Used the Mission L7 in the last season, managed to squeeze a few goals in. Will probably be using the Eraser Pros and the Mission Boss gloves for the next season.

Edited by fatwabbit

In the spirit of sharing gear pics with my new MSH friends, I thought that I'd post pictures of my custom-made mask that I ordered a few months ago.

It is an Ed Cubberly mask. He's from Frenchtown, NJ, and he had NHL goalies wearing his mask in the '80s and '90s. You could tell by the trademark "C" at the ear hole.

The paint job was by Diel Airbrush in Montreal. He's young and has unreal talent!

DSC_5192.jpg

DSC_5190.jpg

DSC_5222.jpg

DSC_5227.jpg

You can read my write-ups on the Goalie Store Bulletin Board.

2011 Ed Cubberly Goalie Mask Review

2011 Diel Airbrush Paint Job Review

You may have noticed the sweet pad graphic that the goalie is wearing. :D It's from the Eagle graphic design contest a few years ago. Check out my write-up from my visit to Eagle Hockey.

Eagle Hockey Factory Tour

Hey, I'm new here. Don't have much of a collection but I'll show some stuff I picked up from Canucks Equipment sale a few weeks back.

Game used Pro Stock Alex Burrows Warrior Widow

Game used Pro Stock Reebok 11K, Jannik Hansen curve

Used Burrows Gloves

Used Malhotra Gloves

Pro Stock Maxim Lapierre U+ Crazy Lights

I got the Gloves and stick signed by Burrows right after.

img4176h.jpg

img4183np.jpg

img4179r.jpg

img4178rt.jpg