Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

I wear size 9 Nike sneakers comfortably, wore 9D mission flyweights that were super old and apparently too big for me. When those broke I tried on size 6.5D vapor X60s and toe was just brushing the end cap as per a good fit, but when I went to the APX i found there to be a bit more room. These are size 6D and 6 1/8thD and feet fit just fine. Little tight on one foot but after a rebake and 2 long sessions the pain is going away.

how in the h you can you wear 3 sizes down from your sneakers? are your shoes floating on your feet? i wear shoe size 9-9.5us and 7.5-8d skate size fits me just fine, anything under that i am cramped in front.

i understand 1.5-2sizes down in skates from your shoes if oyu like a tight fit, but 3 sizes down something is off

Edited by icewalker_bg

Just going to go out on a limb here from past experiences. Nike shoes tend to run small. I wear a 10 in just about every brand besides Nike where I'm at least a 10.5 and have even been an 11 in one case for the Dunk SB's.

Note that I wear size 8.5 Bauer skates, so though not 3 shoe sizes different, they are pretty close.

how in the h you can you wear 3 sizes down from your sneakers? are your shoes floating on your feet? i wear shoe size 9-9.5us and 7.5-8d skate size fits me just fine, anything under that i am cramped in front.

i understand 1.5-2sizes down in skates from your shoes if oyu like a tight fit, but 3 sizes down something is off

I can't speak for sellout but I wear a 9.5 Sneaker and wear a size 5.5 skate. The difference between what size a skate and sneaker are irrelevant as whatever fits best is whats key. I like the way my feet feel in 9,5 sneakers and they don't fall off when I walk or float. In a 5.5 ccm skate my feet fit perfect. Can't explain it but that's how it works.

I can't speak for sellout but I wear a 9.5 Sneaker and wear a size 5.5 skate. The difference between what size a skate and sneaker are irrelevant as whatever fits best is whats key. I like the way my feet feel in 9,5 sneakers and they don't fall off when I walk or float. In a 5.5 ccm skate my feet fit perfect. Can't explain it but that's how it works.

Yeah, I think it depends on the style of shoe. I think my sneakers are 11 or 11.5, my dress shoes are around a size 10, and my skates are 8.5.

Just going to go out on a limb here from past experiences. Nike shoes tend to run small. I wear a 10 in just about every brand besides Nike where I'm at least a 10.5 and have even been an 11 in one case for the Dunk SB's.

Note that I wear size 8.5 Bauer skates, so though not 3 shoe sizes different, they are pretty close.

Well why dont we just compare what your shoe size would be in most shoes and sneakers. Instead of comparIng with nike that are made small or adidas that are made big and so on and sO on

That doesnt make any sense and i must disagree but it is impossible, unless where you live shoe sizing is different than north america

That doesnt make any sense and i must disagree but it is impossible, unless where you live shoe sizing is different than north america

It makes perfect sense. People's foot shapes are different. The reason shoe size and skate size have no correlation is because the fit of the two on each individual foot can vary quite a bit. Sneakers don't need to fit your foot snug all the way around, just stay in place moderately well. Skates on the other hand need to have the least amount of negative space as possible to get the most out of them. Hence the difference in sizes. It's not a bad base, but there's nothing that can replace trying things on.

Well in that case i must agree if you really have a messed foot shape. But for most people with normal feet skates should not fit 3-4 sizes down, i know a buddy that work at a decent pro shop and going down 3-4 in skates is yet to be seen, but i guess rare cases exist

Well in that case i must agree if you really have a messed foot shape. But for most people with normal feet skates should not fit 3-4 sizes down, i know a buddy that work at a decent pro shop and going down 3-4 in skates is yet to be seen, but i guess rare cases exist

Part of that is that I think a lot of people don't really know what a skate that 'fits' is supposed to feel like. From my personal experience, I would put on the skate that was 1.5-2 sizes down from my shoe, and there'd be too much space in the toecap, and my heel wasn't really locked in, but I'd never had a properly fitted skate so I didn't really know the difference. They didn't hurt my feet, and they were the 'right' size based on my shoe size, so I figured they were fine.

A few years ago I was shopping for my first pair of top-end skates, so I decided that if I was going to spend that kind of money, I was going to make sure I took the time to try on a lot of different models and sizes, and seek out the best possible fit; and I was surprised to find out how badly my old skates fit. I wear size 11 shoes and have fairly normal (maybe a tad on the deep/wide side) feet, and the first time I was fitted properly for a pair of skates, my skate size changed from a 9.5D to a 7-7.5EE in most of the skates I tried on, until I eventually settled on 6.5EE One95's that fit absolutely perfectly after baking. I had never really been fitted by someone who knew what they were doing before, or bothered to try on smaller sizes than reccomended, so I didn't really know that what I needed wasn't a bigger size, but the EE width, and a skate with a fit designed to fit my foot volume-wise.

Old missions were sized to match your shoes. So a 9D in those was my sneaker size. Way back when I got those I wasn't aware or properly fitted I guess, because I didn't realize that my toe should just brush the toe cap and that by baking the skates they'd stretch and not hurt my feet. I've had these since bantams, which was a long time ago!

Should my previous skates have been 8.5's or maybe 8s? Probably. Should I wear 8.5s in Nikes? 8s in other shoes? Maybe. I go to work in sneakers so I don't really have much of a base to compare my shoes to.

Vapor X6.0s, the 6.5 fits like this 6.0 does in the TotalOnes. When I tried on the 6.5 in APX's I noticed what felt like a similar half size bigger in that boot. I took a risk that the TotalOnes would be the same half size smaller than the APX (I read about it in several places but still wasnt sure if it'd work for my feet) but it paid off. The cost was too low to ignore even if I had to pay my LHS some money to punch out and stretch to get it how i liked it.

Edit: Viking put it better than I did. I went 13 years between buying skates and never knew how a skate should fit and how moldable they really are. Had I known that at the time I probably would have went for a different skate or size entirely. At the time I got my previous pair I was lucky to know what I liked

Edited by sellouts

My used but new to me Senators X:60 Pro gloves that my girlfriend bought me and one of two Easton RS 85 Flex Kreps curve sticks that I'm in love with!

Pro Kovy curve? I have a Kreps One95 which is a Kovalchuk clone, but he's also used Ovechkin clones too.

Part of that is that I think a lot of people don't really know what a skate that 'fits' is supposed to feel like. From my personal experience, I would put on the skate that was 1.5-2 sizes down from my shoe, and there'd be too much space in the toecap, and my heel wasn't really locked in, but I'd never had a properly fitted skate so I didn't really know the difference. They didn't hurt my feet, and they were the 'right' size based on my shoe size, so I figured they were fine.

A few years ago I was shopping for my first pair of top-end skates, so I decided that if I was going to spend that kind of money, I was going to make sure I took the time to try on a lot of different models and sizes, and seek out the best possible fit; and I was surprised to find out how badly my old skates fit. I wear size 11 shoes and have fairly normal (maybe a tad on the deep/wide side) feet, and the first time I was fitted properly for a pair of skates, my skate size changed from a 9.5D to a 7-7.5EE in most of the skates I tried on, until I eventually settled on 6.5EE One95's that fit absolutely perfectly after baking. I had never really been fitted by someone who knew what they were doing before, or bothered to try on smaller sizes than reccomended, so I didn't really know that what I needed wasn't a bigger size, but the EE width, and a skate with a fit designed to fit my foot volume-wise.

i do not see how it is possible to have normal feet and wear 11 shoes and 6.5 skates. what i think is that most of you people that claim a shoe size that is not realistic, or really really loose. i like my shoes fit, not tight but not loose either. 11 to 6.5? sorry wont bite that.

i do not see how it is possible to have normal feet and wear 11 shoes and 6.5 skates. what i think is that most of you people that claim a shoe size that is not realistic, or really really loose. i like my shoes fit, not tight but not loose either. 11 to 6.5? sorry wont bite that.

Welp you got me, couldn't fool you! I must have fooled my LHS owner with 15+ years experience who has the same coincidence of sizing I have and has seen the phenomena plenty of times, fooled my podiatrist who examined my feet and said I have perfectly normal feet except for my falling arches, and finally fooled myself who can walk, play baseball and other sports, and run in 9.5 sneakers without them falling off and skate as a goalie and player with no dead space and great comfort in my 5.5 CCMs and Reeboks. But you must know me and other people with similar circumstance better than some pros so my apologies. My last post on the topic, I don't want to derail the thread any further.

New gear I got while in Raleigh, NC

CCM Tacks Goalie skates (for the Mrs., killer deal and fit her perfectly)

CCM Tacks Shins, I need to fix the straps a bit first

Bauer 4500 Pro Stock Helmet with Pro Wave Visor

Nike Bauer 4 Roll Pro Stock Blackhawks gloves, amazing set of gloves

Bauer Total One Shaft (Oswego University) with P14 blade

Staal draw string bag and two hats (got at local Dick's Sporting goods on sale)

IMG_3485.JPG

Those shins are amazing, I'm using a pair of the 652 Tacks and they are absolute tanks! Great to see that they're (presumably...Canes sale?) pro-stock.

Those shins are amazing, I'm using a pair of the 652 Tacks and they are absolute tanks! Great to see that they're (presumably...Canes sale?) pro-stock.

It's possible that they are, they are very comfortable and can't wait to try them out on the ice. I was looking for some lightweight shins and these fit the bill.

Pro stock Blackhawks while in NC?

I got these from a private seller during my weekend, but I got all this gear last few days. I even found a John Madden pro stock Dolomite down there. There are lots of Hawks fans down here too.

Edited by HockeySavants