Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Finally found a brand new pair of these in my size, for a great price.

2ry0z68.jpg

New shin pads!

Beauties, how/where did you score those?

Edited by b33f

Everyone's lovin the Reebok shins! Fill me in...why they so good, and what am I missing? lol

I wanted them cause I've been using Jofas for years, and now the RBKs are what the Jofas used to be. RBK 8K pro is the Jofa 5090 and the RBK 7K pro is the Jofa 6070.

Everyone's lovin the Reebok shins! Fill me in...why they so good, and what am I missing? lol

They are very comfortable, but I do believe there is also a gross inflation on these because of "Everyone-has-them-I-need-them-too-syndrome", I recall picking up a pair for $30 bucks and now they command $80-120.

They are very comfortable, but I do believe there is also a gross inflation on these because of "Everyone-has-them-I-need-them-too-syndrome", I recall picking up a pair for $30 bucks and now they command $80-120.

$80? where, who, when??? I buy 2 pairs right now

Edited by MilleniumFalcon

I've seen the 8k pros (brand new) go for close to $200 on eBay, and the 7Ks fetch a bit less. You're right , people are getting crazy over these. Glad I paid nowhere near that.

Is it right that the 7k seems less bulkier. At this time I'm in 10k's but they are so bulky. I want to stay with RBK/Jofa so the 7k would help me.

Yes, the 7k pros are a bit less bulky than the 8k pros. The design is a bit different under the knee cap.

Edited by b33f

I picked some game used Sergei Fedorov Graf 501 (Made in Switzerland) skates. Fedorov was a big reason why I became so interested in hockey equipment. I think they are from the early 90's. Does anybody know any information on these? Were 501s different for Swiss made Grafs vs Canada?

Et8Yj.jpg

How many guys are working at Junkyard? Is it just marcelo and some friends, or is there an entire company to it?

BTW... I saw the hounds jerseys on the junkyard facebook. They look really sharp... we both used the same pantone color for red ;)

I wanted them cause I've been using Jofas for years, and now the RBKs are what the Jofas used to be. RBK 8K pro is the Jofa 5090 and the RBK 7K pro is the Jofa 6070.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Pro-NHL-Jofa-6070-ice-hockey-shin-guards-sr-18-senior-mens-centre-ice-shins-/120805897579?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c2097b56b#ht_978wt_1110

If any of the tall/huge members here are looking for 6070's they've got 10 pairs here. Was up at 20 pairs only a few days ago!

I bought my CCM Tacks 552 which are basically 8Ks, only paid $15

I'm curious...how did you make that comparison? I have a pair of 652s and they are absolutely amazing.

Look at the shape/construction of the 552s

http://www.ebay.com/...4-/160636245353

http://www.2playhock...kshinguards.jpg

They are very similar and having tried both on, don't feel any different.

(here come the skeptics)

I can't imagine why some people might be skeptical that a top level pad and a mid level pad from the same company are the same. CCM/RBK might have made a number of mistakes over the years, but that is not one of them. There are very significant differences. Most shin pads look roughly similar, the fact they're both white is irrelevant.