Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Picked up the 65S the other day, and for a $100 pricepoint stick, I was quite impressed. Great competition with the 4.0 and Ai5 imo; quite light and very aesthetically sharp. Although it was the only other stick mentioned in the catalog, I believe the rest of the line will be released later on; 85S below the RS?

Why do we get the narrow at the base cups and Euro's get the cup that actually covers things up!

Maybe reebok thinks our nads are more precious? :cool:

And why does Reebok keep these products from what should be a good-sized market?

I think JR said they didn't sell well enough in the US.

I keep on laughing at the ridiculous Ebay prices, I can just visit my LHS and grab one for 25€.

Why do we get the narrow at the base cups and Euro's get the cup that actually covers things up!

this is a very poignant question/statement. Reebok marketing department must know something we don't even suspect...

Not at retail. And I'm curious why some folks prefer that to the 10K.

10k jock is definitely a much better option. it just was not available where I was.

Actually fit-wise, the 8k is a better setup. Having three points to put the elastic in is great.

The only reason why I switched to 10K was because I wanted the integrated garter. Was pointless to have two straps around my waist.

exactly why I end up wearing the shorts that have velcro on the pant area... in terms of a fit: I took a shot into the groin area this week and everyone on the ice cringed but me: I did not feel a thing. definitely a nice cup to wear on your jewels.

Actually fit-wise, the 8k is a better setup. Having three points to put the elastic in is great.

The only reason why I switched to 10K was because I wanted the integrated garter. Was pointless to have two straps around my waist.

I see 3K, 4K, 6K, 10K with garters, for some reason no 8K, maybe because of that fit system.

...and the 8k doesn't come with any lining inside, the cup fits much better over pants than my 10k...2 straps were my reason to switch to 10K as well...maybe I'll just sew those RBK metal/plastik hooks they got on the garter-belt on my 8K...don't like the plastic things on the 10K too much...

The 8k is just a rebranded Jofa AC830. I have two of those.

The problem with the others are that they are an one-size-fits-all setup. With the 8k, you can dial it in better.

http://www.ebay.com/...6#ht_500wt_1128

I don't know how unusual this is, but that's the first reasonable price I remember seeing on those. I might get one for a backup. I wear my cup over compression shorts with velcro, and don't care about garters.

Edited by wrangler

I don't know. If you ask me, no. But they seem to maybe be getting back to it? I think it's simply that back then, they had such a massive market share, all the best players used Easton, and they were seemingly so far ahead of everyone else in terms of quality sticks. But everyone else has caught up and in some ways, passed them right by.

Regardless, just a stick I really wanted. I'm not even lefthanded, but it's more of just kind of something to have.

Glad you finally got one for yourself. Looks like it's in great shape, considering its age. :cool:

Just a retail Mo curve, but I like it nonetheless. Is indeed in great shape: Z-tac coating on the blade is all there and not chipped at all.

Only downside is that the previous owner rubbed black sticktape all over it for added grip and it is now impossible to get off. The original grip has pretty much hardened, so it feels rather rough and sticky to the touch.

I don't know. If you ask me, no. But they seem to maybe be getting back to it? I think it's simply that back then, they had such a massive market share, all the best players used Easton, and they were seemingly so far ahead of everyone else in terms of quality sticks. But everyone else has caught up and in some ways, passed them right by.

Regardless, just a stick I really wanted. I'm not even lefthanded, but it's more of just kind of something to have.

Sticks by them just felt different. I can't explain. Since picking up 2 S19's, and an ST, they didn't quite have that old Easton feel.

Remember this? Unfortunately some kid 2-handed me on a breakaway, and that's the end of that now.

photo-24.jpg