Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Made my own custom curve out of a P88 One95 Wooden blade. I must say I like it quite a bit. Does it look like anything out there already?

Kinda looks like my Mike Green Easton ST I have. Which I love.

I got these on my 15th birthday. Im 33 now. lol..

LFOD,

As a fellow hockey gear nut in the same age bracket as you, those Graf 300's are money. I'm sure Graf gloves were one of the most popular during our time as kids, I know I went through 2 pairs, awesome to still see a pair kicking around in such good shape,

LFOD,

As a fellow hockey gear nut in the same age bracket as you, those Graf 300's are money. I'm sure Graf gloves were one of the most popular during our time as kids, I know I went through 2 pairs, awesome to still see a pair kicking around in such good shape,

Thanks my man. Most of the kids at the rink think graf only makes skates. Makes me feel way way to old. lol...

New skates, ClassicOnes. They are built off the 8090 instead of the T1 (my LHS told me wrong), but they are without doubt the best fitting skates I've ever owned. Custom sizing, vented outsole, taller LS3 steel, TotalOne tongue with black felt, +1", also some added volume and modified lacing pattern on the top 4 eyelets. They moved the top few outlets away about 1/4" from the ankle so I could get the correct forward flex. Plain white laces finish the deal. These look the way a hockey skate should look.

P1020378.jpgP1020376.jpgP1020377.jpg

Edited by ramensandwich

Did another curve for those who have ever wondered if it was possible.

Very neutral Bauer Pro Stock LH Bure pro stock curve

378156_10151020327505551_868900550_21937343_605895494_n.jpg

Nearly flat with some curving:

377936_10151020327940551_868900550_21937345_1527114272_n.jpg

Day 2: More curving:

I mark the areas where I will curve the blade, the darker areas are strong and shaded are weak pressure

374205_10151020328560551_868900550_21937347_378667397_n.jpg

You can see just how much force is used, blade is quite flexible under heat

387341_10151020328985551_868900550_21937348_1015309574_n.jpg

As it sits now...currently in the freezer cooling down, will probably try it later.

378606_10151020329530551_868900550_21937351_1507066306_n.jpg

Absolutely beautiful skates. Only thing is the felt toe that I question, any plans towards protecting those?

Can you still lacquer a toe like we did when i was a kid?

I'm going to put the Pro-tec-toe stuff on these. It's been so long since I used any, my can was dried up so I have to order some. As a referee I don't do a lot of work with my toes on the boards, so I don't expect a ton of wear there, my previous skates don't show much wear on the toes.

I'm going to put the Pro-tec-toe stuff on these. It's been so long since I used any, my can was dried up so I have to order some. As a referee I don't do a lot of work with my toes on the boards, so I don't expect a ton of wear there, my previous skates don't show much wear on the toes.

Pretty sure I lost half my brain cells from using that stuff haha not sure about the new stuff, but in the 90's/early 2000's it was like sniffing 15 sharpies markers at once.

Pretty sure I lost half my brain cells from using that stuff haha not sure about the new stuff, but in the 90's/early 2000's it was like sniffing 15 sharpies markers at once.

LOL yup thats the stuff. It was just as bad in the late 80's early 90's.

Hockey Savants

That pattern looks great. I love a blade with a heel curve with little toe curve in the last 3-4 inches. The Drury pattern with a little toe curve like that would end the need for me finding any other pattern. Does anyone know a pattern that would be similar to what he made and what I explained?

Those Classic Ones would be even better if the made accent on the heel white instead of black to make it look more like the bauer supremes of old.

wow Ramen! I'm normally strictly a glove whore but those skates are absolutely epic!

what was the cost, if you don't mind sharing with us?

Those Classic Ones would be even better if the made accent on the heel white instead of black to make it look more like the bauer supremes of old.

I got them from The Skater's Edge in Greensboro, NC. It is operated by a former NHL equipment manager. About the pricing, I can't be too specific because this shop mainly sells to professional teams (SPHL, ECHL, juniors) and the pricing is different for team sales... If you're a referee and are looking for a pair, Bauer and RBK are offering significant discounts with your referee card at the moment. Without the discount though, the skate was still a couple hundred cheaper than the TotalOne MSRP.

I could've done without the yellow lettering and such on the heel as well, but I guess the point is for the uneducated hockey fan to see these skates from the 2nd row and go out later and buy himself some TotalOnes to play in :rolleyes:

Edited by ramensandwich