Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

As far as I know Tapered Bauer P89 blades are not available as a retail offering. The P89 is however available for college, custom, & pro orders, etc, you just need to find a dealer to order them for you.

I was able to find a dealer to order me the Bauer P89 tapered blades, the minimum was a half dozen so thats what I went with.

I'm still looking for a decent shaft to go with the blades though.

Curious how you'd even know they existed. I mean, how did you know to ask for them?

Curious how you'd even know they existed. I mean, how did you know to ask for them?

Um, I'm on Modsquad and know way too much about Hockey gear than any healthy human being should?

Easton 'Darby' pattern = Warrior Vanek pattern = Bauer P89 pattern.

Once upon a lifetime ago I had a connection to get me Pro Stock Synergy's with the Darby pattern, that dried up until Warrior started making the Vanek Pattern (innovative Mogilny too if I remember correctly), then the Bauer Customizer came out and I saw the P89 was exactly the same. Warrior stopped offering the Vanek at retail and I cannot use Bauer One-pieces, so I started looking for options.

Figuring custom one-pieces from Easton or Warrior would either be impossible to order and rather expensive I asked a certain shop that I know what they could do for me for ordering a 'Pro' spec pattern, they said they could do the Bauer P89 no problem, minimum 6, so I went with that.

Edited by the_game

All kinds of jealous. Looking forward to seeing what you think of it!

Summed up in one word - versatile

Lots of sticks on the market shoehorn you into a certain way to shoot the puck; or handle one sort of shot better than the other. Nexus 1000 handled every shot consistently and equally - so instead of a lights-out wrister and a piss-poor slapshot you get a good wrister and a good slapshot. Easy load, didn't feel forced or artificial.

Lots of sticks on the market shoehorn you into a certain way to shoot the puck; or handle one sort of shot better than the other. Nexus 1000 handled every shot consistently and equally - so instead of a lights-out wrister and a piss-poor slapshot you get a good wrister and a good slapshot. Easy load, didn't feel forced or artificial.

I'm a big TotalOne fan, but this stick is looking more and more like my next purchase. Thanks for the great feedback. Can't wait to see the full review.

Are you going to include comparisons of the Nexus to the TotalOne and APX?

"Jack-of-all-trades" sticks are the best... Always felt that SE16's and Dolomites were the best (and the U+, non-CL for a while) in that department... I had been stocking up on those two types of sticks for a couple of years now. Really excited for the new Nexus to hit stick racks since the stick sounds ideal for me and Bauer makes my favorite curve (P106).

Bauer should hire you JR to front their marketing department; you got me sold on the stick without even trying the Nexus!!!

No, I'd rather not. I'd hate to think that what I do on here is seen as "marketing."

There's nothing wrong with the "specialized" sticks on the market. Some of my favorite sticks are those that are tailored to the way I shoot/play.

The 1st inno dolomite (basically a vapor XXX) was good at the time it came out. Now it's a bit outdated especially the none inno versions that followed.

Bauer should hire you JR to front their marketing department; you got me sold on the stick without even trying the Nexus!!!

Judging by how Bauer stands on a pillar on this board, I think it's been a while already.

Edited by Rockingsquat

since we both agreed on the EQ50 how would it compare to that stick? i find the EQ50 to be an all around stick

Edited by bruins89

No, I'd rather not. I'd hate to think that what I do on here is seen as "marketing."

There's nothing wrong with the "specialized" sticks on the market. Some of my favorite sticks are those that are tailored to the way I shoot/play.

I apologize about my earlier post; by no means was I trying to say that what you do on MSH is marketing. The point I was trying to make was that I like your honest approach to describing the versatility of the Nexus; I definitely value it and the Nexus will be the next stick I purchase.

I had to share this with a group that gives a crap about this kind of stuff.

I received these bad boys in the mail today. Picked them up brand new with tags off Ebay after scouring all of Alberta for around 2 years for a pair of Super Tacks or Pro Tacks in size 8 C or 8 D.

Turns out the guy had a few display models sitting in a warehouse that were long forgotten. I would have preferred Pro Tacks, but I'm not going to complain!

Never sharpened, never baked, awesome shape.

CCM_652_Super_Tacks-4.jpg

This is a pretty great day for me. I've got them on my feet right now and they fit exactly the way I remember my Pro Tacks fitting. Finally a skate that fits my foot without any issues.

CCM_652_Super_Tacks-5.jpg

Yup, that's the original tag with serial number. I have the original box too.

None of my teammates can understand my excitement about these. Even if these don't work out for me for whatever reason, or if I never skate on them in a game, they're going up on a shelf in my office. I grew up in Tacks of one model or another and they were a huge part of hockey for me. Just thought I'd share.

CCM_652_Super_Tacks-2.jpg

I received these bad boys in the mail today. Picked them up brand new with tags off Ebay after scouring all of Alberta for around 2 years for a pair of Super Tacks or Pro Tacks in size 8 C or 8 D.

Turns out the guy had a few display models sitting in a warehouse that were long forgotten. I would have preferred Pro Tacks, but I'm not going to complain!

This is a pretty great day for me. I've got them on my feet right now and they fit exactly the way I remember my Pro Tacks fitting. Finally a skate that fits my foot without any issues.

None of my teammates can understand my excitement about these. Even if these don't work out for me for whatever reason, or if I never skate on them in a game, they're going up on a shelf in my office. I grew up in Tacks of one model or another and they were a huge part of hockey for me. Just thought I'd share.

*pics edited*

Those are absolutely unreal. So jealous that you found a pair of brand new ones, they are one of my all time favorite skates. Enjoy them.

That's awesome. I absolutely loved both pairs of Tacks I owned (1052s and Pros) and was devastated when they no longer fit me right. I am actually going to be putting the Pros up for sale as soon as I can find the time to take some good pics of them.