Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Yeah, I tried the new Projekt gloves on again the other day and compared them head to head with the old Projekt gloves. The backroll on the new ones felt more streamlined (doesn't stick out as much) and the palm feels really nice. The backroll and fingers felt like they were already broken in, but the thumb did feel slightly stiff. The biggest difference is the cuff - the old gloves opened up at the cuff, but these new Projekts are very tight in the cuff area. Flexing forward isn't a problem or moving side to side, but when flexing up and back (like you would for a backhand shot, move or pass) the cuff feels tight.

I did try them on with the new Projekt elbows and put one of the new gloves on one hand and the old model on the other - there was a slight overlap with the old gloves and the slash guards of the elbows, but this wasn't a problem since the cuff opened up. With the same size new Projekts (14") there was no overlap with the slash guards of the elbows (but virtually no gap either) - so the cuffs are tighter and also a bit shorter (maybe 1.5 to 2 inches).

I know my old One90s have a tighter cuff too, but they're quite flexible as well. Perhaps that's just because they've seen a lot of use and are very broken in. I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the cuff after you've used them in game situations Optimus. The colour scheme is definitely very nice.

Edited by althoma1

Good that you like them, I thought the thumb was both stiff and actually pushed in on the joint which is unnatural and uncomfortable. Other than that, the palm is pretty good too.

Very nice. Great Sentiment.

Not to rain on your parade but the gloves look mismatched. The color on the index finger on the glove on the left is red and the one on the right is white.

Ya thats something a buddy noticed when he grabbed them for me, but since my dad and I were splitting them to get them framed (he lives in Ont and I live in Alb) we didnt think it would be a big deal.

I honestly didn't notice anything with the thumb. Agree with althoma 100% about the cuff though. It's REALLY tight.

I had to move from Supreme (which I loved) to the Vapor because I couldn't find Supreme in this color scheme. These Projekt's actually feel quite a bit tighter than the Supremes (which is a good thing, I hate floppy gloves. I used a pair of Bauer 4-Rolls for one game before ditching them).

Looking forward to Sunday :D

Ya thats something a buddy noticed when he grabbed them for me, but since my dad and I were splitting them to get them framed (he lives in Ont and I live in Alb) we didnt think it would be a big deal.

Ok... yeah since they are being split you can conveniently not worry about it. I wonder who has the other set. If it was me it may drive me bonkers lol.

Amazing what you can find in your local thrift stores. Here's my haul (over a few weeks) from my local Goodwill/Value Village stores:

img00349201206151947.jpg

Framed Felix Potvin photo - $6

Patrick Roy photoboard - $5

Framed Eric Lindros photo - $10

Bauer Comp SMU pants (for parts) - $10

St.Michael's Majors car flag (RIP :sad: ) - $1

York Toros RYR 6000 pants (for parts) - $8

img1462k.jpg

Picked these up today at Great Skate. I have never really liked Bauer's protective lineup, I always preferred Reebok/Jofa but i was intrigued when i saw the nexus lineup in the catalog, knowing i would be in the market for new shins this summer. Very impressed though they feel solid and i really like the strap system.

Edited by Blueandgold26

Amazing what you can find in your local thrift stores. Here's my haul (over a few weeks) from my local Goodwill/Value Village stores:

img00349201206151947.jpg

Framed Felix Potvin photo - $6

Patrick Roy photoboard - $5

Framed Eric Lindros photo - $10

Bauer Comp SMU pants (for parts) - $10

St.Michael's Majors car flag (RIP :sad: ) - $1

York Toros RYR 6000 pants (for parts) - $8

I have that Potvin photo, and also the Gilmour and Clark ones that went as part of the set :)

Picked these up today at Great Skate. I have never really liked Bauer's protective lineup, I always preferred Reebok/Jofa but i was intrigued when i saw the nexus lineup in the catalog, knowing i would be in the market for new shins this summer. Very impressed though they feel solid and i really like the strap system.

Please update after some use. I am looking at these but felt the area with the vents would crack easily after taking some shots.

I have that Potvin photo, and also the Gilmour and Clark ones that went as part of the set :)

Haha, any idea as to how much it's worth? :tongue:

here's all of my prostock gear

Nice, who uses the Dolo Spyne?

I've thought about upgrading to these myself. They look pretty nice. There's just a few things that bug me about them.

One, is the EPP foam hard like the Easton RS pads, or is it an "active" (flexible) foam? I'd be more inclined to look at the Nexus 600 series if they are indeed like the RS. Two, the vents on the front, do they actually channel air into the pad or are they purely cosmetic?

I'll probably be making a trip to MonkeySports in the near future to find this stuff out for myself, but I thought I'd ask, anyway.

Haha, any idea as to how much it's worth? :tongue:

haha likely nothing ;) The black frame they're in is starting to disintegrate, so I'm planning on taking them all out and putting them in real frames. Should look great in the mancave :)

Yeah, I tried the new Projekt gloves on again the other day and compared them head to head with the old Projekt gloves. The backroll on the new ones felt more streamlined (doesn't stick out as much) and the palm feels really nice. The backroll and fingers felt like they were already broken in, but the thumb did feel slightly stiff. The biggest difference is the cuff - the old gloves opened up at the cuff, but these new Projekts are very tight in the cuff area. Flexing forward isn't a problem or moving side to side, but when flexing up and back (like you would for a backhand shot, move or pass) the cuff feels tight.

I did try them on with the new Projekt elbows and put one of the new gloves on one hand and the old model on the other - there was a slight overlap with the old gloves and the slash guards of the elbows, but this wasn't a problem since the cuff opened up. With the same size new Projekts (14") there was no overlap with the slash guards of the elbows (but virtually no gap either) - so the cuffs are tighter and also a bit shorter (maybe 1.5 to 2 inches).

I know my old One90s have a tighter cuff too, but they're quite flexible as well. Perhaps that's just because they've seen a lot of use and are very broken in. I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the cuff after you've used them in game situations Optimus. The colour scheme is definitely very nice.

Tried them in a game tonight. Very small range of motion. The cuffs really interfered with my elbow pads (also Projekt). The up/down range of motion while the hand is in the "handshake" position is virtually none. I love the feel otherwise, but I'm not sure if I can get used to this cuff :(

I've thought about upgrading to these myself. They look pretty nice. There's just a few things that bug me about them.

One, is the EPP foam hard like the Easton RS pads, or is it an "active" (flexible) foam? I'd be more inclined to look at the Nexus 600 series if they are indeed like the RS. Two, the vents on the front, do they actually channel air into the pad or are they purely cosmetic?

I'll probably be making a trip to MonkeySports in the near future to find this stuff out for myself, but I thought I'd ask, anyway.

The EPP is very flexible, it forms to the back of your calf when it's strapped on. It's flexible because it doesn't have the plastic plate covering the padding like the RS does.

The vents are pretty large; they seem like they would help a lot in the drying process, but I'm not sure about air flow during games if that's what you're asking. I haven't gotten the chance to skate with them yet.

Edited by Blueandgold26
  • Like 1

Reim, cut off the cuff! lol

It's only the white bit of it (that's actually a big loop). I'm going to give them a while and see if that bit softens up a bit. If not, I'll either sell the gloves or cut off the cuff. I love the glove otherwise though!

Kind of ironic that the Projekt gloves don't fit well with the Projekt elbows...

Tried them in a game tonight. Very small range of motion. The cuffs really interfered with my elbow pads (also Projekt). The up/down range of motion while the hand is in the "handshake" position is virtually none. I love the feel otherwise, but I'm not sure if I can get used to this cuff :(

That's what I feared based on trying them on in the store. They felt amazing in the fingers and backroll, but the cuff felt restrictive. The elbow pads were not a factor for me though (had on large 2012 projekt elbows with 14" projekt gloves), but perhaps that's just due to differn forearm lengths/hand sizes. I had no overlap with the new Projekt gloves and the new elbow pads. I do have a bit of overlap with the old Projekt gloves and both the new and old Projekt elbows, but that cuff is more open so it's not a problem.

Hopefully the cuffs break in nicely for you or you get accustomed to the feel.