Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Today was a good day..

IMG_5690.jpg

(Please don't message me asking to buy these. If I have something to sell I'll post in the classifieds.)

I am in love with these. The design is a little strange and I didn't think it would work but my god did they nail it. They don't slide down my arm like Jofa/Rbk 9144/7ks.

IMG_5687.jpg

I am in love with these. The design is a little strange and I didn't think it would work but my god did they nail it. They don't slide down my arm like Jofa/Rbk 9144/7ks.

I love mine!! Holds the elbow in nice and snug. Took a really hard fall on my elbow and no pain! Definitely a great set of elbows.

Today was a good day..

I have the 800's with the extended slash guard, love them aswell. They fit great.

I have the 800's with the extended slash guard, love them aswell. They fit great.

Seriously? You are one lucky man. I've been trying to track down a pair of those for myself for some time now.

There's an LHS nearby that sells a bunch of the Synergy 700 NHL elbow pads, but I need the extended wrist protection. I have a pair of Easton slash guards to compliment my elbow pads, but somehow I keep getting nailed between the pad and slash guard, so I need something that is affixed to the elbow pad itself. I'm eyeing the Jofa 5066 (I like the idea of the inner-arm strap crossing over on to the forearm a la the Easton Synergy 700) or the Synergy 800's; whichever I find on eBay first.

I digress. Here are some of my more recent acquisitions and my contribution to the thread:

070712EquipmentAcquisitions.jpg

Warrior Koncept Shoulders

I wanted an upgrade from my Sherwood 5030, but still wanted to salvage as much of my flexibility and low profile appearance as possible. Obviously, the protection's much better, my flexibility doesn't seem to be hindered all that much, but I'm still iffy on the bulk thing. I mean, nothing's more low profile than the 5030 (other than a padded shirt... or nothing), but if I still feel the bulk's too much for me after a few games, I may make some slight alterations.

CCM U+12 LE Pants

I got these because I wanted a little more protection than my Bauer Supreme TotalOne Girdle (which is the 2nd one of those I've owned and both have fallen apart after only a few games. They fit great, but the quality is simply awful. The MBP8 was much better in that respect.). Well, they definitely deliver on that front, but I also have to say they are extremely comfortable, light, and flexible, and that's coming from a guy who's been using a girdle exclusively the last 5 years. However, these are too short and as someone else on here has mentioned, the leg openings are enormous. I'll be scrapping these in favor of an older pair of CCM's or Nike's.

Reebok 11K Roller Girdle

This is an interesting one, since this is Reebok's top of the line entry in their new, more form fitting inline girdle offerings. I bought these along with the MIssion Thorax Flow and ended up sending those back. I felt that the Mission offered slightly better protection, but the waist couldn't be cinched to suit the needs of a tall, lanky dude like me. Anyway, while I think they're above average as far as roller girdles go, I can't help feeling like I'm being shortchanged a bit given how expensive they are. See, the JDP hip cap they've put on these is a great idea, but the foams around the thigh and kidneys feel extremely minimalistic by comparison. I'd like to see similar pads on those areas as well. If you're going to offer an inline girdle at that price, then I want to see the line dividing ice and inline girdles blurred a little bit more. Someone someday is going to create a really great inline girdle that closes the gap. The Warrior Projekt is close, but I think somewhere between the Projekt and the 11K is where the spot is.

CCM U+10 Skates (Mission Vanguard Aluminum Chassis)

The skates themselves are nothing new, but I've been skating on the CCM/Reebok Tri-Di chassis for about 7 years now, and I FINALLY got tired of how bad they were. Well... that, and they're no longer being made. The Vanguard is a huge improvement by comparison, although the pitch isn't as aggressive as the Tri-Di. I wound up having to put 2 1/16" thick washers between the outsole and the chassis to create a 1/8" forward pitch, which helped immensely. While a shim or heel lift would've been much more preferable, no one here in central PA seems to have heard of such a thing, so this was my last resort. Seems to be a sound solution... so far.

Bauer XR5 Inline Pants

I was hesitant to buy these when they first came out given Bauer's track record with inline pants, even though these have been garnering rave reviews. After I tried on a pair, I finally understood why they were so good. Coming from the ridiculously overpriced, heavy, and restrictive but bulletproof Valken V-Pro pants, these are a tremendous step forward. My only gripes are the Velcro on the leg openings which I removed (I tape my shins to my legs on the outside of my pants; same as I do with my ice hockey socks), and the waist, which even at a size down from my V-Pro's, feels like it was tailored to accommodate 2 The Biggest Loser participants simultaneously. Definitely buy these AT LEAST one size smaller. Also, and maybe it's just me, but I prefer the old fashioned belt around the waist.

*sigh*

I apologize for the long post. Just thought I'd do my part to share my thoughts on the off chance someone with power is paying any attention to this thread, and to help steer anyone who is thinking of buying any of this stuff sight unseen. Of course, if I still haven't elaborated enough, feel free to ask questions.

Edited by Burning Bear

Nothing too exciting but interesting enough... Walked into a sports store, made my way to the hockey corner and saw these:

DSC_2552.jpg

Brand new and they were very inexpensive... Compared the protection to my current shin pads and it appears to be unmatched. Even the plastic itself is thicker, yet, they are pretty light.

Today was a good day..

Just curious as to what possessed you to buy so many elbow pads? Not criticizing just seriously curious.

Warrior Koncept Shoulders

I wanted an upgrade from my Sherwood 5030, but still wanted to salvage as much of my flexibility and low profile appearance as possible. Obviously, the protection's much better, my flexibility doesn't seem to be hindered all that much, but I'm still iffy on the bulk thing. I mean, nothing's more low profile than the 5030 (other than a padded shirt... or nothing), but if I still feel the bulk's too much for me after a few games, I may make some slight alterations.

Do the sternum and spine "plates" stick out much? Im considering the koncept shoulders also for next season but those plates look really unflexible since they are only one-piece and not segmented?

Just curious as to what possessed you to buy so many elbow pads? Not criticizing just seriously curious.

Resale

That was a silly question... Anyone on here, if came across such a find at a nice price, would hoard the lot for the exact reason...

That was a silly question... Anyone on here, if came across such a find at a nice price, would hoard the lot for the exact reason...

Not so silly. I'm on here and I wouldn't. Not that there is something wrong with it but I just wouldn't-hence the curiosity.

Easton NHL 700s are impossible to find. So I bought all he had and passed them on to friends looking for them. Same with the Jofa/RBKs.

I kept 1 pair each for myself and the rest were passed on for others to use. I'm not any kind of dealer or anything.

Easton NHL 700s are impossible to find. So I bought all he had and passed them on to friends looking for them. Same with the Jofa/RBKs.

I kept 1 pair each for myself and the rest were passed on for others to use. I'm not any kind of dealer or anything.

That explains it. I thought maybe you owned a store or something. Wish I had more friends like you.Way to pay it forward. btw, where did you come across such an abundance of these?

Do the sternum and spine "plates" stick out much? Im considering the koncept shoulders also for next season but those plates look really unflexible since they are only one-piece and not segmented?

Well, to tell the truth, it is one of the areas of concern for me. The sternum plate in particular isn't as irritating as the one on say the Easton ST16, but I'm going to wear it as is for a few more skates before I lop it off.

The good news is that it's only being held in place with 3 straps which can be easily cut and it seems like there would still be very good chest protection even if you were to remove it. Of course, should a well-placed puck or stick find that spot...

I think the new Warrior Projekt shoulders have a much better sternum plate in comparison to the first generation Projekts/Koncepts. Of course, the new Projekts will set you back more, and although I only tried them on once, I didn't get the same "yes" feeling I got from the older models.

I also don't think the Koncepts are as comfortable or protective as the old Projekts, and I think you can even find them cheaper than the Koncepts. Given a choice between the 3, I think I'd have gone for the old Projekts instead. That said, if you have your heart set on the Koncepts, I think you could do a whole lot worse.

Today was a good day..

IMG_5690.jpg

(Please don't message me asking to buy these. If I have something to sell I'll post in the classifieds.)

IMG_5687.jpg

I've been looking for a stopgap as I'm about to send my Jofas off for repairs. I wear a M in Jofa - what is the SYN 700 equivalent size?

I've been looking for a stopgap as I'm about to send my Jofas off for repairs. I wear a M in Jofa - what is the SYN 700 equivalent size?

Well, this is a Large SYN 700 next to a Size 5 7k pro... Nearly the same.

IMG_5710.jpg

IMG_5714.jpg

Edited by JR Boucicaut

While the GE is now open to guests to browse, it does not mean that you can post in this thread that you have a listing there.

Thanks for the fit comparison.

My bad.

No problem.

Interesting to know that the Jofa elbows slip for most users, if so why are they so coveted?

IMO the level of protection and quality of construction are the primary reasons to seek out the RBK/Jofa protective. I also think they're relative scarcity, and pro stock status contribute to the hype.

Interesting to know that the Jofa elbows slip for most users, if so why are they so coveted?

They slip because they don't have any grip on the inside and half the people who drop the large amount for them either get them in a size that doesn't fit or don't have arms big enough to fill them out

Edited by Axxion89