Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Nothing special, but...

rQTFRl.png

New pants for my new team (that wears Ottawa Red).

Pro tip: I discovered a few weeks ago that the Youth XL suspenders have a lot less stretch to them, and are almost as long as adult suspenders. The adult ones I'd been wearing, I had the buckles up past my shoulders (almost on to my back) to get them short enough. These are MUCH better!

The only thing left to replace is my helmet. I wear a Re-Akt, so I'm not sure I'm willing to drop the cash for a new one just yet.

Haven't posted in a bit, since moving to the Sacramento area a year ago. Here's my current "in use" stick rotation. Sad that I am down to playing once a week.

IMG_3702.jpg

• Like 1

I'd have myself dead if i had so many, although i VERY much appreciate the uniformity in height and butt ends, my OCD applauds that collection

Trust me, the wife does not like all my hockey junk! I should've never joined the Easton MB, corebeam, and now MSH gang back over a decade ago.....

Haven't posted in a bit, since moving to the Sacramento area a year ago. Here's my current "in use" stick rotation. Sad that I am down to playing once a week.

IMG_3702.jpg

how do you choose which sticks to play with? id have a hard time. but definitely like the collection. are they all composites or what do they consist of?

Just got these. Skated in them this morning so far I love them

totalones.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

which model are these? how's it been breaking them in?

Pro tip: I discovered a few weeks ago that the Youth XL suspenders have a lot less stretch to them, and are almost as long as adult suspenders. The adult ones I'd been wearing, I had the buckles up past my shoulders (almost on to my back) to get them short enough. These are MUCH better!

Hehe...everyone <2m has been given those Junior suspenders by the local shops as-well, since all the adult once had the buckles somewhere near the shoulder pads. Good tip!

Aggie, what kind of grips are those on your sticks?

They are the cheap Franklin ones. Started using them over a decade ago just to have consistent t hand feel from stick to stick. Too lazy to switch out to Tacki grips, though I use those on my goalie sticks.

how do you choose which sticks to play with? id have a hard time. but definitely like the collection. are they all composites or what do they consist

I mainly rotate between the S19, RS, Widow, and Diablo SE. They are all composites. From left to right: TPS XN10 Nilson pro return, TPS standard R8 shaft with Drury Z carbon, three tapered TPS R8 shafts (Warrior Arnott pro return blade, TPS R8 Frolov blade, Drury synthesis blade), TPS R10 Frolov, Widow SE grip Kovalev, Diablo SE grip W12, Diablo SE grip Kovalev, RS grip Parise, two RS Parise (75 and 85 flex), S19 Drury, SE16 Drury, Dynasty Kovalev, Widow SE Kovalev, Widow Kovalev, Diablo Kovalev, three R2 XN10 tapered shafts (Warrior Arnott, Easton Styles, Easton Drury), two Redlight XN10 shafts ( thanks JR!) with TPS morrow blade and warrior Kovalev blade, Combat .52 HCR, Combat .52 tapered shaft with Drury blade, tapered One95 shaft with Harrow #3 blade, tapered X60 shaft with Harrow #3 blade, Winnwell GX8 OVI clone, Innovative Novius pro return Sundin, Base Drury clone, Eagle X70 Talon curve, and Mission tapered flyweight with Drury t-flex blade.

imagelqw.jpg

Reebok Ai9 85flex Crosby curve.

So far have had three skates with this new toy and I am a big fan. Coming from a TO P88 87flex, and having a preference for Bauer in general, this stick really surprised me in a good way with it's puck feel and how easy it loads when shooting while playing stiffer in passing and stick-handling (uncut). It'll most-likely be replaced with a duplicate whenever it breaks.

how do you choose which sticks to play with? id have a hard time. but definitely like the collection. are they all composites or what do they consist of?

which model are these? how's it been breaking them in?

They are Total Ones. I honestly don't think the break in was that bad. I didn't bake them at all and have really had no problems so far at all. I find them very comfortable. That is just my experience though. It is going to be different for each person. I do feel like I have so much more control on the ice compared to my previous skates.

They are Total Ones. I honestly don't think the break in was that bad. I didn't bake them at all and have really had no problems so far at all. I find them very comfortable. That is just my experience though. It is going to be different for each person. I do feel like I have so much more control on the ice compared to my previous skates.

I found that when switching to high-end skates (Bauer Supreme One.9) that I stopped worrying about what my skates were doing, how they felt and how the runner felt in contact with the ice surface. I am now able to focus on what I am doing and I think that has improved my skating ability 10 x what it used to be with my Vapor X:4.0s

Maybe I'm not expressing myself correctly, but the essence of what I'm trying to say is: I spend less time thinking about my skates and more time thinking about my skating.

Edited by osicks

I found that when switching to high-end skates (Bauer Supreme One.9) that I stopped worrying about what my skates were doing, how they felt and how the runner felt in contact with the ice surface. I am now able to focus on what I am doing and I think that has improved my skating ability 10 x what it used to be with my Vapor X:4.0s

Maybe I'm not expressing myself correctly, but the essence of what I'm trying to say is: I spend less time thinking about my skates and more time thinking about my skating.

I understand and can relate you what you are saying. I also feel as though I get more power out of my stride and can turn tighter.

So after finishing off some older sticks that were still in good shape due to not playing for awhile it was time to get some new twigs. Seeing as have very rarely snapped a stick, rather wear out the blades and $$ being a bit tighter at the moment I thought I'd return to the ole 2-piece. 2 Total One NXG shafts and blades, 87 flex P92 (Backstrom) pattern.

So here they are:

2012-11-21_12-45-48_242.jpg

Little closer look:

2012-11-21_12-46-12_488.jpg

First one completed:

2012-11-21_13-34-23_646.jpg

Love the feel just playing around with it, can't wait til Friday to give 'em a go!

Not hockey equipment, but I've finally found a Leafs hat I actually like (man, whats up with hats now? They're all AWFUL)

CLFBIl.png

dude try being a flames fan. Nothing in team colours is remotely wearable haha.

• Like 1

I don't normally show off, but yesterday's purchases had me over the moon!

Vapor XXX Lite Jason Blake pro stock. 77 flex with a curve that's similar to the PM9 with a slightly shorter blade, slightly higher lie and slightly deeper mid pocket.

Decided to check out a local SFS's Black Friday sale, not really looking to buy anything. Was absolutely floored by these Eric Staal 4Rolls. Completely unexpected. He's been my absolute favorite player of all time since I started following hockey!

img00600201211231653.th.jpg

img00601201211241456.th.jpg

The shop also had Jordan's Penguins 4Rolls (too large for me at 15"), Leafs, Canucks, Oilers, Phoenix and a couple pairs of those Rangers 4Rolls with the added back roll padding. Amazing finds!

I don't normally skate out, but I brought my goal skates into the shop today for a sharpening, and absolutely had to buy these babies:

IMAG0501.jpg

Gonna look awesome the half a dozen times I actually skate out this year. :wink: I'm beginning to understand how you guys collect player gloves so easily.

Edited by Phantom